PDA

View Full Version : MK1 caddy info ?

vdubin
08-07-2010, 06:02 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn285/reece7000/caddy.jpg

How rare are these in Oz,

I swear there was one on ebay 6 months ago I should of brought it, It was going for $1,500 !!!

What would I pay for good one, Do they have many issues any info would be great.

Im still after a vr6 but the more I look at these caddys plus any MK1 rabbit im thinking twice..

AP
10-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Love these little babies, they are very rare I don't think there is any in Australia! I could be wrong, it has been known to happen once or twice!

Tim
10-07-2010, 10:13 AM
they are pretty rare and quite expensive in Australia

There are currently 3 I know of that "may" be for sale.
A red one in victoria with dodgy import papers so good luck getting it registered. (was on ebay a little while ago)
A black one in sydney. Owner is asking top dollar and its a pretty rough car.
A white one in tasmania. Not sure what the go is there. Im sure it owes the owner a pretty penny for importing it though so be prepared to pay.

Frenchie
11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Damn tasty may I say..

mikinoz
11-07-2010, 10:17 PM
There are a few more than 3 - couple that are road registered around the place and there was one undergoing a wild conversion about 2 years ago but it went quiet.

Tim
11-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah i know of at least another 4 other than the ones I mentioned above. None of them are for sale though!

vdubin
11-07-2010, 10:42 PM
they are pretty rare and quite expensive in Australia

A red one in victoria with dodgy import papers so good luck getting it registered. (was on ebay a little while ago)

Must of been the same one I saw On ebay..
Ive also seen the Tazzy one its two tone blue on white.

sounds as thought theres a fair few of them about, not for sale or want top dollar Ha..Ill try see what rabbits are worth.

Cheers for the info peeps

Tim
12-07-2010, 01:00 AM
the two tone blue and white one used to be a victorian car. Those pesky Tasmanians plucked that one from under my nose! (all the best mk1s end up in Tassie) It was undergoing a massive rebuild last I heard. Havent heard anything about it in a while though.. Be interested to see an update.

vdubin
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I'd be interested in seeing any caddy build, Aus ones that is.

hjsimpson01
23-08-2010, 05:36 PM
The one in Hobart, Tasmania is owned by a nice man who has quite a few VWs... I think it's all white? We may have plucked some from mainland, but nowhere near as many splits that the mainland has plucked from us... Payback! :) LOL The problem with Tasmanian Golfs is if they have lived up the NW, there won't be much left of them.. I have retreived a few from up there the last few weeks and they are pretty much parts cars, with the exception of one or two.... No Caddies tho.... :( Like trying to find a Samba....

Mr Scruff
23-08-2010, 06:42 PM
The one in Hobart, Tasmania is owned by a nice man who has quite a few VWs... I think it's all white?

Its silver ;) Its gonna look soooo good and unique once its done. Its running a 16v on dual webers from memory.

DubSteve
24-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Does Mike and his father still have the build thread?

Mr Scruff
25-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Does Mike and his father still have the build thread?

No, it's gone.
Dunno what is going on with it. He's got a berg cup replica project on at the moment so i think the caddy has taken a back seat.