Time for my wife to upgrade to a bigger car. The poor kids knees are hitting the front seats
Im going to be straight up and honest with the good and the bad on this car. It has served us well and would love to see it get the care it deserves.
Model: VW Polo GTI 9N
Rego: Just done for 6months... Due Dec 23rd 2012
- All the standard bits that come with a Polo GTI. The 1.8T engine is stock standard.
- 17inch Wheels.
- The Electrical system has been upgraded due to this car being used as a car audio sound quality demo car a few years ago. There is a Yellow Top Optima battery fitted that has not skipped a beat for 4 years. It has a custom upgraded earthing kit. All audio cabling will remain in the car. It was fitted by Marty at FHRX Studios.
- The car is also Dynamatted. Done by Marty FHRX.
- Audio. Eclipse head-unit, 6inch splits. I have 2 x high end (old skool... not the new shyte on the market now) Vibe amplifiers fitted and a 12 inch woofer. I was looking to take the amps and sub out. But if you want them left in then we can work something out.
- The car has not skipped a beat since we bought it. Daily driver.
- Serviced every 15k
- Something is wrong with the boot catch. It opens but only when putting the key in and turning it. Must be something simple.
- Springs are no good. The car is lowered but the springs and shocks need to be looked at. It creaks a bit
- Front brake shudder. An un-named service agent fitted the 'top of the line' discs to the car only 12 months or so ago (cost $700) but the car shudders under braking. The discs need replacing again. Great waste of $700!!
- Usual wear and tear on the body. There is a shopping trolly dent on the drivers side door (close up pic to follow). And more shopping centre attacks on the passenger side door.
Price: $11,500 ono - this is the cheapest 9N GTI for sale in Australia... I think