Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nicest compliment you received about your car

Daily
    MK5 GTI 5dr DSG
    2nd Car
    Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
    Name
    Mike

Pulled out of a car park opposite work one afternoon with the missus riding shotgun, and then an American dude jumps out into the road in front of us, crouches down, pulls the VW hand sign and yells "vee dub in da haus". My partner, who couldn't give a shit if we had a Rover or a Range Rover actually thought it was quite funny.

I had a mint '79 450SL (until last week) and figured it would attract all sorts of attention from the chicks, an nice little ego boost for this 33yr old. Didn't work out that way - the only ones who gawped were 50yr+ blokes and 70 year old women.

Daily
    MKV BMP 3dr GTI
    Name
    Tom

Bit of a compliment to Dave at Reflect Effect but when I had correction and opti coat done I had it at work just days after and one bloke asked me if it was brand new! Probably should post this in those threads popping up asking about opticoat.

Daily
    Mk6 Golf GTI
    2nd Car
    Liberty GT wagon
    Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by iluvbrownale View Post
    I had a mint '79 450SL (until last week) and figured it would attract all sorts of attention from the chicks, an nice little ego boost for this 33yr old. Didn't work out that way - the only ones who gawped were 50yr+ blokes and 70 year old women.
    Ha! I'm sure you could have made it work for you around the Woollahra hotel...?
    to replicate the effect you'd have to push the pedal extremely fast to at least 50% throttle, and then fast, but not quite as fast as before to say 70-75%, and then a bit slower to say 85% - all in the time it takes me to push my pedal down 20-25% max

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Old beetle days.......multiple sightings of kids on the side of the road laying into each other with "punch buggy, no returns"

On a side note, special thanks to the Kings Cross vagrant standing in the middle of a two way street right at the end with his back turned. As I approached slowly, he swung around, looked at me and proclaimed "it's a one way street you C$#T !!!", and forced me to reverse back 50 metres. What a prick !

Daily
    Toyota Hiace
    2nd Car
    09' MKV Black R32
    Name
    Jeff

Pulled out of a car park opposite work one afternoon with the missus riding shotgun, and then an American dude jumps out into the road in front of us, crouches down, pulls the VW hand sign and yells "vee dub in da haus". My partner, who couldn't give a shit if we had a Rover or a Range Rover actually thought it was quite funny.

Lol, at least you had a choice!!

Kids on BMX riding past my garage stop and say "woow cool car"!

Random dude in a ute stops and says "wow sick car man" as Im grabbing some noodles

My litle cousins, 5, 7 and 9 years old constantly talk about my car and asked me for a ride at my wedding. I obliged and nicked off for a few minutes

Daily
    MK5 GTI 5dr DSG
    2nd Car
    Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Old beetle days.......multiple sightings of kids on the side of the road laying into each other with "punch buggy, no returns"

On a side note, special thanks to the Kings Cross vagrant standing in the middle of a two way street right at the end with his back turned. As I approached slowly, he swung around, looked at me and proclaimed "it's a one way street you C$#T !!!", and forced me to reverse back 50 metres. What a prick !
    oh man that reminds me of the story's I still dine out on, a little OT:

About 6 years ago, I used to have a Merc 280 CE (W123). Clearly a bit of a tank and I loved him. Missus and I were driving very slowly down a lane off King St, Newtown, with a tryhard urbanite alternative couple walking very, very casually down the middle o the road. (Newtown for non Sydneysiders is a vibrant, inner suburb full of eclectic peoples, groovy shops and basically everything that isnt bogan. Also full of complete bellends who think they're so hip, and students).

After literally two minutes rolling behind them at strollin' speed go to take the right turn down another lane, and just as I go, they cut in front. I nearly kill them and I honk. The answer I get will go to my grave

(in the style of a girl who thinks you're such a square and looks like she just smelled dogshit) turns, looks over her shoulder and spits vitriolically

"It's Newtown"

Oh. My bad....

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

oh man that reminds me of the story's I still dine out on, a little OT:

About 6 years ago, I used to have a Merc 280 CE (W123). Clearly a bit of a tank and I loved him. Missus and I were driving very slowly down a lane off King St, Newtown, with a tryhard urbanite alternative couple walking very, very casually down the middle o the road. (Newtown for non Sydneysiders is a vibrant, inner suburb full of eclectic peoples, groovy shops and basically everything that isnt bogan. Also full of complete bellends who think they're so hip, and students).

After literally two minutes rolling behind them at strollin' speed go to take the right turn down another lane, and just as I go, they cut in front. I nearly kill them and I honk. The answer I get will go to my grave

(in the style of a girl who thinks you're such a square and looks like she just smelled dogshit) turns, looks over her shoulder and spits vitriolically

"It's Newtown"

Oh. My bad....
    Great story . I can just see it.

At least you had a clearish run. Most of the lane ways and streets are now blocked with bean bags, and bench pillows from the people dining on frisbies on the footpath, which in Newtown is a table for four.

Banned
    Daily
    MK5 R32
    Name
    Brad

haha nice. had a mate move to newtown and he is a new man now! not such a good thing.

haven't had any compliments yet, but people do turn to look when they hear me plant it. got a number of compliments on my previous (very clean) B6 A4 lowered on coilovers and rims. miss that car.

Daily
    GTI ED35
    Name
    Golda / G

"It's Newtown"

Oh. My bad....
    Hahaha! Great story

For me - crawling down the freeway through roadworks, in the lane to the left of me a guy pulls alongside. He then goes a nose ahead, winds his window down and literally hangs out looking at the front my car then slows so that he drops back and checks out the rear then comes back alongside smiling & nodding...by this time I'm laughing and wind my passenger window down and he tells me the car is stunning. We then have this dangerous disjointed back & forth in traffic - there were price enquiries, availability issues & dealerships discussed!
    My ED35

+ Reply to Thread