Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ULTIMATE TYRE REVIEWS

Daily
    Golf R - Black
    2nd Car
    Push Bike
    Name
    Riley

Just visited a tyre shop in Perth to replace a punctured Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 235/35/19 and got the lovely quote of $800. FOR ONE!!!!!
    Currently cruising the streets of Perth in - A PURPLE MAZDA 121 FROM 1990 something

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Just visited a tyre shop in Perth to replace a punctured Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 235/35/19 and got the lovely quote of $800. FOR ONE!!!!!
    Riley,

Thats clearly bollocks on their part. I presume you are looking elsewhere.

Jax tyres in Sydney, I got a pair for $450 at one stage

Daily
    Golf R - Black
    2nd Car
    Push Bike
    Name
    Riley

Laughed, cause I did my research before going in. Rang around and the best I got was $650. Looking to replace it with cheaper then replace all 4 when the time comes.
    Currently cruising the streets of Perth in - A PURPLE MAZDA 121 FROM 1990 something

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

i stand corrected.... not in that size. Was referring to 18's.

Daily
    Golf R - Black
    2nd Car
    Push Bike
    Name
    Riley

Ok! Thanks for checking. They do say they are rare, but would not pay that much for them. Not my first option to put the intruder on there but save a bit in the short term.

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Tiguan 125
    Name
    Anthony

Hi guys, after some help if I may. Currently running Dunlop sport max GTs which whilst been okay have never been great in the wet.

I'm looking at buying a set of Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2s for my 18" detroits. They have really good write up in most major mags and seem to meet all my needs in terms of really decent grip and wear in wet as well as dry conditions.

What do u think? Would appreciate you thoughts/experience. Also wondering what you typically pay to get tyres fitted and balanced when not buying tyres from that outlet (getting them from interstate as much cheaper than local suppliers)

**edit** couldn't wait any longer for advice, so did some more research and ended up getting the Aysmmetrics^ so will write up once I see what they are like!
    Last edited by BlackVAG; 13-09-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Daily
    2012 Citroen DS3
    Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVAG View Post
    Hi guys, after some help if I may. Currently running Dunlop sport max GTs which whilst been okay have never been great in the wet.

I'm looking at buying a set of Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 2s for my 18" detroits. They have really good write up in most major mags and seem to meet all my needs in terms of really decent grip and wear in wet as well as dry conditions.

What do u think? Would appreciate you thoughts/experience. Also wondering what you typically pay to get tyres fitted and balanced when not buying tyres from that outlet (getting them from interstate as much cheaper than local suppliers)

**edit** couldn't wait any longer for advice, so did some more research and ended up getting the Aysmmetrics^ so will write up once I see what they are like!
    I just had mine fitted today.

$1200 or so fitted and balanced. Not much difference between Goodyear and Tirerack prices to be honest. I bought these from Goodyear store.

Have done 2kms so far. Will let you know how they go later.
    2012 Citroen DS3 Dsport. Not bad actually.

Need Planning Advice? The Design Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by Ideo View Post
    I just had mine fitted today.

$1200 or so fitted and balanced. Not much difference between Goodyear and Tirerack prices to be honest. I bought these from Goodyear store.

Have done 2kms so far. Will let you know how they go later.
    Were these Asymemetric 2s that you had fitted for that price? If so can you advise where you had them fitted?
    Golf R 5 Door DSG, Rising Blue, 19" Wheels (Silver), Leather, MDI, RVC, Bluetooth, RNS510, APR Stage 2, APR Divorced DP, APR HPFP, VW Racing CAI, S2T Paddle Shifters, Sprint Booster

Daily
    2012 Citroen DS3
    Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Klink1313 View Post
    Were these Asymemetric 2s that you had fitted for that price? If so can you advise where you had them fitted?
    Yep, Asym 2.

Goodyear in Gosford. I don't have the receipt on me, it's in the car, but I was quoted $1350 and I ended up paying around $100 less.

Got a downpour on the F3 last night. Much better wet weather handling than the RE005 I had on before.
    2012 Citroen DS3 Dsport. Not bad actually.

Need Planning Advice? The Design Partnership

Were they 235/35/19's? I just got a quote from them of $800 each
    Golf R 5 Door DSG, Rising Blue, 19" Wheels (Silver), Leather, MDI, RVC, Bluetooth, RNS510, APR Stage 2, APR Divorced DP, APR HPFP, VW Racing CAI, S2T Paddle Shifters, Sprint Booster

+ Reply to Thread