Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII


+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 448

Thread: ULTIMATE TYRE REVIEWS

  1. #421
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Gong
    Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan
    Posts
    199

    Where does the invo sit in comparison with the F1 Asymmetric and RE003?

    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

  2. #422
    Senior Member pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson
    Posts
    231

    Got a set of RE003 fitted on the R36 Wagon today. $600 in total for all 4 corners - 235 40 18 at Bob Jane. Rang between JAX and them a few times to see who can give me the better offer.

    Actually took me a few moments to get use to them as they were so grippy, very impressed so far. Pulling around corner and bends at speeds I've never reached previously.

  3. #423
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Gong
    Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan
    Posts
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    Got a set of RE003 fitted on the R36 Wagon today. $600 in total for all 4 corners - 235 40 18 at Bob Jane. Rang between JAX and them a few times to see who can give me the better offer.

    Actually took me a few moments to get use to them as they were so grippy, very impressed so far. Pulling around corner and bends at speeds I've never reached previously.
    That's a great price!

    Now it's already the weekend and the offer for Bridgestone tyres is ending already..

    Don't think I'll be able to get that price!

    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

  4. #424
    Senior Member pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by Me! View Post
    That's a great price!

    Now it's already the weekend and the offer for Bridgestone tyres is ending already..

    Don't think I'll be able to get that price!

    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    I believe you can still pay over the phone and have them fitted at a later date - Bob Jane was unsure if they were going to receive stock in my size hence mentioning this. However after waiting for close to 2 months, Bridgestone apparently received a batch on Wednesday.

  5. #425
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Gong
    Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan
    Posts
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    I believe you can still pay over the phone and have them fitted at a later date - Bob Jane was unsure if they were going to receive stock in my size hence mentioning this. However after waiting for close to 2 months, Bridgestone apparently received a batch on Wednesday.
    I'll try calling around tomorrow.. I'd like the standard 225 / 40 / 18 though.. Hopefully a tad more common?

    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

  6. #426
    Senior Member pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson
    Posts
    231

    Quote Originally Posted by Me! View Post
    I'll try calling around tomorrow.. I'd like the standard 225 / 40 / 18 though.. Hopefully a tad more common?

    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    The amount of GTIs I see on the road with Detroits compared to R36s, I'd say they are more common...?

    I'm lucky that I work in a industrial area - Jax, Bob Jane, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Beaurepaires, AAATyres are all literally around the corner from me so it was a matter of wasting 30 minutes of my lunch calling around.

    GL with the search, the offer is definitely too good to miss.

  7. #427
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Gong
    Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan
    Posts
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    The amount of GTIs I see on the road with Detroits compared to R36s, I'd say they are more common...?

    I'm lucky that I work in a industrial area - Jax, Bob Jane, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Beaurepaires, AAATyres are all literally around the corner from me so it was a matter of wasting 30 minutes of my lunch calling around.

    GL with the search, the offer is definitely too good to miss.
    Thanks mate.

    Ill call around in the morning and see what I can get.. Will post up updates here on prices I find..

    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

  8. #428
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Gong
    Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan
    Posts
    199

    Quote Originally Posted by Me! View Post
    Thanks mate.

    Ill call around in the morning and see what I can get.. Will post up updates here on prices I find..

    Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    So after a few phone calls around the neighbourhood, the best price I got was $700 for 225/40/18 on the Bridgestone RE008 - price matched by KMart Tyre and Auto Service, Figtree.

    KTAS does not do the 4 for 3 deal BUT will price match/beat whatever price I get from others.

    Called up KTAS again to confirm order (saying I'm willing to pay for it that day but only need them probably in a month or so when my current tyres wear down more). The manager then (surprisingly) told me to look for him when I'm ready and he'll honour that deal then - which is great for me.

    At this stage, it's all word of mouth - so I'll just take his word for this. Hopefully, he does keep his word - else, I'll just see what other deals are on then.

  9. #429
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    Golf GTI MK6
    Name
    Wilson
    Posts
    9

    BobJane TMarts running 'Buy 3 and get the 4th free' on Continental tyres, got myself some SportConti Contact 5's 235/40R18 $795 for four. Feels like a lot of control when driving back in the rain.

    Ends June 30

  10. #430
    Senior Member 73landau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orange NSW
    Daily
    DBP MY09 R32
    2nd Car
    RS MY08 Touareg
    Name
    Greg Dillon
    Posts
    1,238

    I bought Conti's 235/40-18 to go on the Oz racing wheels I ordered. Massive upgrade from the Pirellis I had. Wet weather is close to dry weather. They don't break traction as much either when accelerating with a bit of spirit. Sometimes a rear wheel and sometimes a front lets loose a bit :-)
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI/multiregion, Haldex and switch, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatrotronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage opener button, GruppeM, .front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. UB+XB, superpro LCAs, Alloy riser knuckles, LEDs.....

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts