Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: ULTIMATE TYRE REVIEWS

Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan

Where does the invo sit in comparison with the F1 Asymmetric and RE003?

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

Got a set of RE003 fitted on the R36 Wagon today. $600 in total for all 4 corners - 235 40 18 at Bob Jane. Rang between JAX and them a few times to see who can give me the better offer.

Actually took me a few moments to get use to them as they were so grippy, very impressed so far. Pulling around corner and bends at speeds I've never reached previously.

Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    Got a set of RE003 fitted on the R36 Wagon today. $600 in total for all 4 corners - 235 40 18 at Bob Jane. Rang between JAX and them a few times to see who can give me the better offer.

Actually took me a few moments to get use to them as they were so grippy, very impressed so far. Pulling around corner and bends at speeds I've never reached previously.
    That's a great price!

Now it's already the weekend and the offer for Bridgestone tyres is ending already..

Don't think I'll be able to get that price!

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Me! View Post
    That's a great price!

Now it's already the weekend and the offer for Bridgestone tyres is ending already..

Don't think I'll be able to get that price!

I believe you can still pay over the phone and have them fitted at a later date - Bob Jane was unsure if they were going to receive stock in my size hence mentioning this. However after waiting for close to 2 months, Bridgestone apparently received a batch on Wednesday.

Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan

I believe you can still pay over the phone and have them fitted at a later date - Bob Jane was unsure if they were going to receive stock in my size hence mentioning this. However after waiting for close to 2 months, Bridgestone apparently received a batch on Wednesday.
    I'll try calling around tomorrow.. I'd like the standard 225 / 40 / 18 though.. Hopefully a tad more common?

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

I'll try calling around tomorrow.. I'd like the standard 225 / 40 / 18 though.. Hopefully a tad more common?

The amount of GTIs I see on the road with Detroits compared to R36s, I'd say they are more common...?

I'm lucky that I work in a industrial area - Jax, Bob Jane, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Beaurepaires, AAATyres are all literally around the corner from me so it was a matter of wasting 30 minutes of my lunch calling around.

GL with the search, the offer is definitely too good to miss.

Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan

The amount of GTIs I see on the road with Detroits compared to R36s, I'd say they are more common...?

I'm lucky that I work in a industrial area - Jax, Bob Jane, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Beaurepaires, AAATyres are all literally around the corner from me so it was a matter of wasting 30 minutes of my lunch calling around.

GL with the search, the offer is definitely too good to miss.
    Thanks mate.

Ill call around in the morning and see what I can get.. Will post up updates here on prices I find..

Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Ryan

Thanks mate.

Ill call around in the morning and see what I can get.. Will post up updates here on prices I find..

So after a few phone calls around the neighbourhood, the best price I got was $700 for 225/40/18 on the Bridgestone RE008 - price matched by KMart Tyre and Auto Service, Figtree.

KTAS does not do the 4 for 3 deal BUT will price match/beat whatever price I get from others.

Called up KTAS again to confirm order (saying I'm willing to pay for it that day but only need them probably in a month or so when my current tyres wear down more). The manager then (surprisingly) told me to look for him when I'm ready and he'll honour that deal then - which is great for me.

At this stage, it's all word of mouth - so I'll just take his word for this. Hopefully, he does keep his word - else, I'll just see what other deals are on then.

Daily
    Golf GTI MK6
    Name
    Wilson

BobJane TMarts running 'Buy 3 and get the 4th free' on Continental tyres, got myself some SportConti Contact 5's 235/40R18 $795 for four. Feels like a lot of control when driving back in the rain.

Ends June 30

Daily
    DBP MY09 R32
    2nd Car
    RS MY08 Touareg
    Name
    Greg Dillon

I bought Conti's 235/40-18 to go on the Oz racing wheels I ordered. Massive upgrade from the Pirellis I had. Wet weather is close to dry weather. They don't break traction as much either when accelerating with a bit of spirit. Sometimes a rear wheel and sometimes a front lets loose a bit :-)
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI/multiregion, Haldex and switch, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatrotronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage opener button, GruppeM, .front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. UB+XB, superpro LCAs, Alloy riser knuckles, LEDs.....

+ Reply to Thread