Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: ULTIMATE TYRE REVIEWS

Daily
    2011 Golf R mk 6 DSG
    Name
    Chi

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
    225 40 18
    Golf R mk 6
    Good grip, but noisy and lasted less than a year! The inner steel was showing on all tyres.
    For the price , I wouldn't recommend these tyres.

Daily
    2011 Golf R mk 6 DSG
    Name
    Chi

Continental MC 5
    225 40 18
    Golf R mk 6
    Dry & wet grip is ok until you really push it and traction control kicks in.
    Had them for almost 2 years now.
    Would recommend for longevity only.

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Continental ContiContactSport 5P
    235 - 35 - 19
    MK6 Golf R
    This would have to be the best all round tyre i have had on this car to date, dry grip level is amazing, slightly better than my Hankook S1 Evo2's and much better than the Dunlops, the grip in the wet will blow you away for a tyre that is this good in the dry you wonder how it can be that great in the wet also but somehow they have it sorted, they are a little noisey compared to some of the softer tyres but not at a level thats a problem, the wear so far is excellent also, this is a great all round tyre the balances everything for your daily vehicle. It may not be as grippy as some of the super sticky stuff but it comes close but it also is good in all conditions and last a lot longer. My personal favorite is the large rim protector, the tyre looks really nice on the rim.

║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

guys - looking to replace all 4 corners on my GTI. Unfortunately I am under a budget so won't be splurging.

I've nailed down to either the Hankook Noble 2 ($100 off) or BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2 (currently running a 3 for 4 deal) both costing roughly $650 for 225 40 18. Not seeing much BF Goodrich owners out there, could anyone vouch for these?

Alternatively, I just recently replaced a single Goodyear Directional 5 (has very limited KMs, was a interim solution while getting a massive puncture), I can look at purchasing 3 to replace the remaining 4 which might cost roughly the same...
    Last edited by pandas; 24-10-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

Ended up scoring a set of Pirelli P Zero through a mate for $640 all 4 corners. Noticed the Bridgestone buy 3 for 4 deal pop up a day after I placed my order, o well got a pretty awesome deal.

Also had my 105k service completed yesterday inc timing belt etc at Hills Eurohaus, cars is running smooth as - excellent service from the boys as usual.

Wallet is getting an absolute hammering so far though
    Last edited by pandas; 18-03-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Daily
    VW Golf Mk6 GTI
    Name
    Alex

Just picked up a set of Michelin PS4 for my Golf GTI

Ridiculous how much better the car drives in comparison the Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's that came with the car.

Picked them up for $910 including Wheel Alignment from Bob Jane

+ Reply to Thread