Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf GTI How much is it worth?

Daily
    GTI ED35
    Name
    Golda / G

Vic because the Pirelli has the bigger turbo (KO4) then the usual GTI (KO3) and at stock has been detuned there is a significant power gain to be had with just an ECU (software chip) tune.

For example, at stock my car read at 149 kW at the wheels. After the tune it recorded 194 kW atw which is a 60 hp gain with no hardware addition. Depending on which tune you choose (& they are all similar, you'll find a lot of information on this topic on the forums so no point going into it here) you will pay anything from $800 - $1300.

Have you agreed on a price?
    My ED35

Daily
    MK6 GTI
    Name
    Jay

By comparison to most on this forum, my mods are very minimal (too many expensive hobbies).

Though the stage 1 tune is great - the others are even better
    2014 Audi SQ5
    Glacier White|Magma Red|21"|Panoramic Sunroof|Carbon Atlas
    Assistance Package|Side Assist|Heated Seats|Bang & Olufsen

Well Gents, time again to have another go at buying the Pirelli, three years later and its just got to 25,000Km on the clock, still imaculate condition!

So guys how much do you reckon, also took some pictures of the 'R' today so I'll post some pictures up in the next day or so.

Daily
    2006 GTI
    2nd Car
    Giant Trance 1
    Name
    Barry

so what happened to you buying it 3 years ago?

I looked at Pirellis when I bought my GTI. I'd be saying its worth about $25k - $26k now with 25000klms

Daily
    Candy R
    Name
    Edddie

Im just wondering. The normal MKV GTI, the earliest ones were made by German right, or the 2D version.

From what I know, the GTI Prielli is used the same EA113 as same as MKV GTI, R, S3, TT-S? But with bigger turbo (K04)?

With that been said, the MKV only comes with base internal parts. So, Prielli is more like stage 3 GTI, I think.

Correct me If im wrong.

BTW, I friend just paid a MKV GTI Prielli, with 50k+ on the clock for $23k. So, $30k is a bit too much, but I am sure that old Gent look after his car very well. As long as you are happy.

Thx

Got let down and ended up buying an R, still want the Pirelli and will hopefully buy it this time round!

Daily
    Golf MkV 2.0 FSI

Can anyone confirm for me that the GTi Pirelli has a different DSG box than the other models of the same time?
    Im looking to purchase one second hand and have received conflicting stories about the DSG reliability issues? I have heard that they have a tendency to fail around the 80k-100k kms and need replacement, which also happens to be the exact range of kms most of these 2nd hand Pirelli's are current carrying!
    One owner I spoke to is adamant that this is not the case with the pirelli edition?

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

golf 5/6/7 gti's and r32/r use the same DQ250 6speed wet clutch.

although the earlier ones had some issues, over the years (newer models) they get better and more reliable and have better softwares.

pirelli had a recall for software update on the dsg box i believe.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

The Pirelli has the same gearbox as the regular GTI.

+ Reply to Thread