Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parcel forwarding service review thread

Daily
    CW GTI MK6
    Name
    Ron

Parcel forwarding service review thread

Hi all,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a parcel forwarding service review thread as I know we all love to buy mods for our wonderful cars! and if your like me, you get frustrated at times when the online store you want to buy from doesn't ship to Australia. How many times have you communicated with an overseas online store and they tell you they don't do international shipping

So, to get things started:
    Company: borderlinx
    US address: Yes
    UK address: Yes
    Registration cost: No
    Payment options: credit card/paypal
    Delivery company used: DHL
    Experience: I recently bought an intake and got it shipped to my borderlinx US address. Within 24hours of the product arriving there, they sent me an email to let me know I have a product awaiting to be shipped to my Australian address. Bear in mind, I had no prior communication with the company. I just signed up and gave it a shot without emailing them asking questions regarding their service/company, so I was quite pleased when I received a notification update email. If you wish, they can hold your product(s) for up to 30 days incase you want to buy more stuff and get it shipped to borderlinx, so your product(s) will be delivered to your Australian address all in one hit (imagine all the international shipping costs you save!!). The intake, weighing 3kg, would only cost me approx USD$59 for standard shipping (about $20 extra for express). They shipped the intake out less than 24hours after receiving payment. Even though I only payed for standard delivery, to my surprise the intake arrived to my Australian address within 4 business days. All in all I've had a great experience with borderlinx and would definitely recommend them to anyone and I'd also use their services again in future. The international shipping costs are quite good (eg: a 10kg package only costing approx USD$120 - standard delivery) so you may even want to do some calculations and could find that it may work out cheaper for you to use borderlinx to ship to Australia, rather than pay for the international shipping rates of the online store you purchased your car parts from. Works out even better if the online store has free US/UK address shipping.

I hope this thread helps people out in anyway, and if you yourself have had a good/great/bad experience with a parcel forwarding service company, please share with us

Happy shopping and thanks for reading!
    Last edited by skriblz; 30-09-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: rego cost info

Daily
    2010 Caddy
    2nd Car
    MY 12.5 GTI
    Name
    Boogie with Stu

Had the same good service from Myus.com. My VWRacing CAI left the US on a Friday and I received it on the Monday. Only $80 registration for 12 months and the freight on my intake was $62.
    GTI MY12.5 CS | DETROIT RIMS | LED TAILS | LAKIN PLATE HOLDER | OPTI-COAT | TINT | VWRACING CAI l RNS510 | BLUEFIN l LED interior | Polar FIS+ |
    Wish list - | Milltek / SPM exhaust |

Daily
    CW GTI MK6
    Name
    Ron

Good to hear! how are you finding the intake on the GTI? Not too loud?

which reminds me, I forgot to mention borderlinx registration was free.

Daily
    my11 vw golf gti 3dr
    2nd Car
    '11 toyota hilux sr5
    Name
    jason

so how does the company (borderlinx) make money? they charge a little extra for postage? or they take a commission on the goods?
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man- tint- rear cargo mat- weathershields- bluetooth- mdi- 19" oz racing ultra leggera- mcgard lockbolts- boston acoustic pro60se- jl audio xd700/5- jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips- eibach custom pro-kit- OPS- OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip- dieselgeek short shifter- gti floor mats- R8 Coil Packs

Daily
    8P S3

So, are these a viable option to get around the tirerack BBS/O.Z. Racing wheel embargos? Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
    so how does the company (borderlinx) make money? they charge a little extra for postage? or they take a commission on the goods?
    Most companies will have a formula to put in the weight and dimensions of your parcel to calculate their shipping cost, which is generally a bit higher then retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    CW GTI MK6
    Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_OH View Post
    So, are these a viable option to get around the tirerack BBS/O.Z. Racing wheel embargos? Hmmmm
    Probably if you half your shipping (eg 2 shipments of 2 wheels). here is their maximum size limits http://www.borderlinx.com/pages/faq/package-size Best to contact them though.

Have read on other forums that http://www.shipito.com/ is a viable option to use for shipping wheels.

On another note, tirerack have a sale on O.Z Ultraleggera right now. $303 per wheel. save $216 on a set of 4. bargain!

Daily
    my11 vw golf gti 3dr
    2nd Car
    '11 toyota hilux sr5
    Name
    jason

The problem u face with getting a parcel forwarding company is that u need to fully calculate the total cost. Tirerack usually charge $300-350 to ship 4 tyres or 4 rims.
    Performancealloys in the uk will sell oz racing and bbs to Australia. I think u need to do the research of getting them from the uk and then calculate the costs if getting them from the USA via a forwarding company. It's a little work, requiring a few emails, and I think u will find there is only a few hundred bucks in savings.
    I personally went with performance alloys about 2 years ago. The oz dollar to uk sterling is even better now since then so the gap between buying from tirerack and performancealloys had closed even more
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man- tint- rear cargo mat- weathershields- bluetooth- mdi- 19" oz racing ultra leggera- mcgard lockbolts- boston acoustic pro60se- jl audio xd700/5- jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips- eibach custom pro-kit- OPS- OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip- dieselgeek short shifter- gti floor mats- R8 Coil Packs

Daily
    moto guzzi
    2nd Car
    1964 ford f100
    Name
    Martin Martinez

I've been helping on a research project comparing the more popular parcel forwarding services in the USA, the blog is www.usa-package-forwarding-comparison.com

Hope it's ok that i share the link with you given the topic of this thread.

thanks

Shame that myamericanshipper.com is not included as they have free images, registration, consolidation, repackaging etc.

Might be worth to include them as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread