Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parcel forwarding service review thread

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Brian

Thanks for the info Ron. So are there no costs with borderlinx? Just how much they charge you for the shipping of the item to your address? Cheers.

Daily
    CW GTI MK6
    Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMars View Post
    I've been helping on a research project comparing the more popular parcel forwarding services in the USA, the blog is www.usa-package-forwarding-comparison.com

Hope it's ok that i share the link with you given the topic of this thread.

thanks
    Great find Martin, good to see the comparison chart!

Quote Originally Posted by Li'l b View Post
    Thanks for the info Ron. So are there no costs with borderlinx? Just how much they charge you for the shipping of the item to your address? Cheers.
    No problems.

No registration costs. The total shipping cost was US$59. On the invoice there are 2 other line values. There will be a "safetylinx" charge if the total value of the product is over US$250. This is their mandatory insurance charge which was US$10. And then also a fuel surcharge costs which was $5. However both costs are automatically calculated as part of the total shipping cost anyway.

eg on your invoice it will break it down:
    • Shipping cost = US$44.00
    • Fuel surcharge = US$5.06
    • Safetylinx = US$10.00
    • Total = US$59.06

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

After a week chasing local suppliers without success I took the plunge and opened an account with Borderlinx. Placed an order with ESE Tuning in the USA following advice from their sales team, so now it will be interesting to see how it all goes.

If the shipping costs posted by Ron are anything to go by, the item will arrive significantly cheaper than purchasing locally and quite possibly faster. Which in a way is a shame as I do like to support the local suppliers/sponsors, but on this occasion it just didn't happen.
    MY11 Golf .:R | 3 Door l Rising Blue l 3 Pedals l 19" Grey Pretoria Rims l Leather l Nav | Bluetooth

Mods: Milltek CatBack l Bluefin Stage 1 l Unibrace XB & UB | H&R Springs & Rear Sway | AWE & AmD Hybrid CAI | SprintBooster
    Cosmetics: P3 Gauge | Interior LED Lights | LED Turn Bulbs | R Centre Caps | Kerscher Front Splitter | NS Boost Gauge

To see my Build Thread >>>Click Here<<< Watch my Videos >>>Click Here<<<

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY03 MK4 GTI
    Name
    Marshall

I use Bongo, which while a little more expensive, have excellent customer service and really fast turnaround.
    By comparison, I went the cheap way of things using VIAddress and it took them a week and many nasty emails to acknowledge they'd even received a parcel for me, then another week to actually ship it. Their phone number always goes to a message service and I never once received a response from them.
    Guys at work also use Shipito and have had good experiences too.

Daily
    MY16 Golf R
    2nd Car
    2012 D-4D Prado
    Name
    Andrew

+1 for MyUS.com and if you have an Amex then the annual registration is not charged and shipping becomes even cheaper... Email them and ask the details.
    MY16 Pure White R

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Just received confirmation on the forwarding costs from Borderlinx... and it was a shock... $98 USD to send a 7 kilo parcel

Here's the breakdown...

Shipped weight 7.34 kg
    Shipping charges USD 80.00
    Fuel surcharge USD 8.00
    SafetyLinx Shipment Protection USD 10.00
    Total charges USD 98.00

I'll be rethinking using them in the future because thier shipping costs are up there with the US based companies like ECS Tuning etc, so almost no point really.

Oh well, guess you dont know if you dont try
    MY11 Golf .:R | 3 Door l Rising Blue l 3 Pedals l 19" Grey Pretoria Rims l Leather l Nav | Bluetooth

Mods: Milltek CatBack l Bluefin Stage 1 l Unibrace XB & UB | H&R Springs & Rear Sway | AWE & AmD Hybrid CAI | SprintBooster
    Cosmetics: P3 Gauge | Interior LED Lights | LED Turn Bulbs | R Centre Caps | Kerscher Front Splitter | NS Boost Gauge

To see my Build Thread >>>Click Here<<< Watch my Videos >>>Click Here<<<

Daily
    Caddy
    2nd Car
    MTB's

I used shipitto to get my tyres from tire rack. My riding buddy uses them all the time for small items like bike parts to stuff like gear boxes/parts for the ralley car.
    There is a small fee, $50 for a year i think, but if you know the size and weight of the parcel they have a calculator on their site to work out the shipping cost.
    They also give you several different options, US post/DHL/FedEx etc, so you can pick the one that suits both for time and cost.
    Need your bike serviced? Give me a bell.
    local MTB nut

Daily
    kid
    2nd Car
    centro
    Name
    Terry House

Check out www.parcelbound.com I bet they are the cheapest one on the market... Myself and few of my friends have our account their for around 4 months...we opted for letter only option in which we are comfortable for now.....
    Volkswagen

i found best one Parcel forwarding service website .. anybody tried them ?

www.parcelbound.com

Daily
    MKV R32 2dr 6MT UG
    Name
    Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by TerryHouse View Post
    Check out www.parcelbound.com I bet they are the cheapest one on the market... Myself and few of my friends have our account their for around 4 months...we opted for letter only option in which we are comfortable for now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieReeves View Post
    i found best one Parcel forwarding service website .. anybody tried them ?

www.parcelbound.com
    Lol is it just me or do they both sound like bots?

+ Reply to Thread