Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HugoKingo's MK5 GTI

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

HugoKingo's MK5 GTI

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd start a build thread of my own as I love reading of all yours! I probably should have started the thread when i started modding my car, but i didnt, so I suppose Ill go from the start till now all in one! Having said that there is not a whole lot done and Ive still got plenty more in store.

1. So first was the simple and cheap 'GTI' seat inserts. Self explanatory. Nice touch I think.

2. Next was the replacement stubby antenna. Really didnt like the horse whip.

3. After that I replaced the headlights with black angel eye projectors with HID kits for the low beams and fogs. I had a few issues with condensation in the headlights so I contacted Parts4Euro and asked what was going on. They said they have had a few enquiries about it and that it had been jet washed too close to the seals and they had come out of place. I asked how to fix this and they said it should fix itself, which it seems to have done. The lights looks a lot bluer in the photos than what they are in real life. I got 6000K bulbs. Im still tossing up to replace them with 4300K or 5000K. Anyone know a good place to buy them?

Original

Replacement

And with the lights on

4. Had to replace the licence plate lights with some LED ones to match after this.

Original

LED's (REALLY shit photo, sorry)

5. After this I repaired and painted my original wheels gloss black which I did a DIY thread for on here which has heaps more pictures.

6. Then I colour coded the red stripe at the front. Got a can of LB9A (that right?) Candy White mixed up and sprayed the red stripe once I had taken it off the grill. I think I like it. Im not sure. Loved the red and thought Id try something new. I have a spare red one from a mate so I can always swap them back over. What do u think? Do u like the red or white better?

7. The next step really pissed me off. I ordered a BSH true seal intake from the BSH speed shop website. All official and everything, not fake. It came and I found that 2 clamps for the coupler were not included and a washer and bolt for the air box. Weird but easily replaced. But the sealer cap for the diverter valve was also not in there. Harder to replace. But the most annoying was the whole thing ended up not fitting properly. I thought it might have been me so i took it down to European Autotech and they couldnt fit it either. They tried everything. Really irritating. I sent a few emails and they cant work out why its not fitting and why some of the parts werent included. Any ive sent it back and we'll see what happens.

8. I had the self painted wheels on for around a month and a half before a new set of 19 inch GTC gloss black wheels went on. Using Falken 225/35/19 tyres and Im having no rubbing issues. I know they say 19's are for show and 18's are for go but i dont have any urge to take it down to the track anytime soon and i like the size.

Anyway thats it for now. Next thing to do is drop it by 30mm, NOW. It looks way to high with the new wheels. Im looking at H&R lowered springs until i can afford coilovers. Anyone know a someone who sells them in sydney? I heard TCCA motorsport in Artarmon is the place to go for them. Anyone know anything about that?

Cheers!

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

Oh yeh and here's a few stock

Name
    Chris

Nice clean car and nice mods! Love the gloss black GTC's and white pin stripe! The red looks good too, but keep the white to be a bit different

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MY17 Polo
    Name
    Jon

Dude, it looks sweet!

Can't wait for more.

Daily
    2007 Golf V 2.0 TDI
    Name
    Paul

Nice mods. And the white pin stripe is fantastic. Love it.
    "Another thing take a chill pill because the way you just spoke is unacceptable and i dont appreciate you saying that, go take a good look at yourself
    Because you think you are king shit that you have a MK6 Gti and can tell me off like that."

Rob32R

Daily
    '08 Golf V .:R32
    Name
    Adrian

Im loving this build buddy! Just need that drop and its a jaw-dropper keep up the great work buddy! The white gti stripe works so well definately a + on this dub

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

Thanks guys. Yeh im gonna hang onto the white stripe for longer. It really has grown on me. Looking into lowering it next week! Adrian did u get ur boot pop kit yet? mine came into today, im gonna have a crack at installing it now. Just need the coding now!

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MY17 Polo
    Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by HugoKingo View Post
    Thanks guys. Yeh im gonna hang onto the white stripe for longer. It really has grown on me. Looking into lowering it next week! Adrian did u get ur boot pop kit yet? mine came into today, im gonna have a crack at installing it now. Just need the coding now!
    Haha, I'm in the same boat! Arrived from ECS Tuning yesterday but now I can't code it. Hopefully my stuff will be in at DAHQ soon.

Daily
    '08 Golf V .:R32
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by HugoKingo View Post
    Haha na havent received them yet...sucks was hoping to install it at the diy day i might ask someone if they can kindly vagcom whats needed for the pop kit to work and install it myself when they arrive

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

oh man! yeh looking forward to Sunday. should be awesome. I just booked mine in for this morning so ill take some shots!

+ Reply to Thread