Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HugoKingo's MK5 GTI

Daily
    Audi S3 8P
    2nd Car
    VW MK6 GTI

Hey mate! Very nice.

Can i suggest something with the intake which may help you? The weld that you have in the side near the battery, get it cut and add a rubber flex there or even above the heat shield to which should stretch the pipe out a good 1" hopefully to catch onto the filter itself. You can get a hose clamp and make an easy bracket to bolt into where the heat shield goes to. That may fix it for you and be a cost effective solution as well without looking "Bodged" up.

Nice work though, i think i've seen your car driving around recently..
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself."

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by GTGUY View Post
    Haha, I'm in the same boat! Arrived from ECS Tuning yesterday but now I can't code it. Hopefully my stuff will be in at DAHQ soon.
    dude its so easy to install and the coding looks pretty simple too. recon im gonna get one of those cables and some software soon.

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    Hey mate! Very nice.

Can i suggest something with the intake which may help you? The weld that you have in the side near the battery, get it cut and add a rubber flex there or even above the heat shield to which should stretch the pipe out a good 1" hopefully to catch onto the filter itself. You can get a hose clamp and make an easy bracket to bolt into where the heat shield goes to. That may fix it for you and be a cost effective solution as well without looking "Bodged" up.

Nice work though, i think i've seen your car driving around recently..
    Thanks man. Yeh the guys at European Autotech suggested something similar. I was kinda shitty that it wasnt as simple as it should be/they said it would be to install. 'No modifications needed to fit the part'. Twice as which i didnt know that the airbox wasnt at least 80% covered. The hood doesnt count apparently. Ie sent it back and i think im going to go for the more expensive but cooler looking Volkswagen Racing one.

http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/pa...ake-system-12/

thanks for the help tho!

Daily
    Audi S3 8P
    2nd Car
    VW MK6 GTI

All good dude!

I would consider the CTS Intake or VF Intake personally. It'll save you a fair few $$ At the end of the day! Don't get me wrong the VWR is nice but they are exxy for the same result, but the choice is yours!

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

All good dude!

I would consider the CTS Intake or VF Intake personally. It'll save you a fair few $$ At the end of the day! Don't get me wrong the VWR is nice but they are exxy for the same result, but the choice is yours!
    CTS and VF. Awesome, ill look into them. the VWR is DAMN expensive so those might be good.

Daily
    Sepang Blue 8VS3
    Name
    Chris

Nice ride mate! love the white stripe! its just those small things that set it apart
    Golf R Tornado Red

My Build Thread:
    http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....R-Build-Thread

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

Decided to have a crack at painting my engine cover after seeing Adrain's build thread. Went with a white engine enamel to match the body. I knew it wasnt going to be an exact colour match but i was ok with it. I prepped the surface and then hit it with the colour and it came out pretty good.

Then i went to do a clear coat and shit went wrong. After about 2 coats of clear it came out this shitty cream colour that made me wanna vomit. I couldnt stand it and had to wait till it dried and sand it back. I got half way through the sanding when i realised i should take a photo of my f*ck up for the thread.

Then decided i should probably go with a red. It doesnt go with the black and white theme ive got going on, but it im happy with it.

Just looking at the photos of that cream colour produces bile for me.

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MY17 Polo
    Name
    Jon

Really makes the engine bay pop.

Daily
    Audi S3 8P
    2nd Car
    VW MK6 GTI

hahaha.. gold! least it looked better than you expected in the end!

Did you let the paint cure at all ? :P lol

Daily
    Golf GTI Mk5
    Name
    Hugo

hahaha.. gold! least it looked better than you expected in the end!

Did you let the paint cure at all ? :P lol
    Hahaha! im just stoked that it doesnt look like one of Richie Benaud's suits anymore!

+ Reply to Thread