Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of putting wheels on your MK3? Post your questions & suggestions here.

Daily
    1999 mk3 golf 2L
    Name
    Andrew

changed my mind

is it safe to make it come out that much and I changed my mind id like to keep the stock wheels but make them flush with the arch what do I need to make this happen safely thank!

Daily
    Nil
    Name
    Steve

Hi,

Thinking of getting some 15x8 4x100 0 (zero) offset for my mk3 Golf.
    Will they fit without guard rolling spacers etc

i.e i just want to bolt straight on. Car is lowered slightly

Cheers

Daily
    2001 VW Bora
    2nd Car
    1996 Vento VR6

Quote Originally Posted by NA-tastic View Post
    Hi,

Thinking of getting some 15x8 4x100 0 (zero) offset for my mk3 Golf.
    Will they fit without guard rolling spacers etc

i.e i just want to bolt straight on. Car is lowered slightly

Cheers
    nope.
    from memory this is 15x8et0 too
    Black VW Bora
    Silver Leaf Metallic Passat CC (the old mans)
    Black VW Vento + Black VR6 (project)
    Blue 6N Polo (Kirstims)

Daily
    Nil
    Name
    Steve

oh forget that then.....Thanks for reply

Daily
    MkIII Cabrio
    Name
    Christian

MKIII Cabrio

I have a MKIII cabrio, 95 so its 4x100, on 17s with 205/40 r17 tyres, and what i am wondering is what kind of setup I need to go as low as possible, I work in a Precision CNC shop and have the stock and capability to make spacers. and would like to use coilovers, but what i really need to know is how much offset I would need to have clearance for everything. I am going for a look like this. And I am aware of ride quality changes and scraping and all and I am ok with the comfort changes. Really am going for the slammed/ stanced look. I don't have a huge budget to do any major swaps, but I have enough to do a quality slam. Like i said before i just really need to know what the best setup would be so that i will have clearance on everything( i am also willing to do slight fender/ wheel well mods...rolling fender lip, shaving fenders, fender swap,ect.)

Daily
    1995 Golf 2.0
    2nd Car
    Electric Dune Buggy
    Name
    Michael

Hello, I need help with a problem, I have a 95 golf that reaches 65 mph vs 3000 rpm. could I reduce my rpm by increasing the tires to 18" instead of 14"? I've heard stories about how people think its a tranny problem, so they replace the tranny only to find that the problem still accrues. Also would I need to tweak the speedo after changing my tire size? just brought the thing back to life and want better engine life and mpg. Thanks!
    Last edited by total_moot; 30-10-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Daily
    2001 VW Bora
    2nd Car
    1996 Vento VR6

Sounds pretty normal rpm to me. Increasing the rolling diameter may have negative effects on such a low powered car
    Black VW Bora
    Blue 6N Polo (Kirstims)

Daily
    1995 Golf 2.0
    2nd Car
    Electric Dune Buggy
    Name
    Michael

maybe then 16" or 17". all I really want is better mpg, and I know 14" isn't standard. I mean, my old toyota had a 1.8 with 17" tires. and it never went above 3000 going 65. I'm going to go on a long road trip soon, to a hot environment, and I also don't want to put to much stress on a prolonged freeway drive. Also, what do you mean by negative effects?

Daily
    Toyota Hiace
    2nd Car
    09' MKV Black R32
    Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by total_moot View Post
    maybe then 16" or 17". all I really want is better mpg, and I know 14" isn't standard. I mean, my old toyota had a 1.8 with 17" tires. and it never went above 3000 going 65. I'm going to go on a long road trip soon, to a hot environment, and I also don't want to put to much stress on a prolonged freeway drive. Also, what do you mean by negative effects?
    My R32 sits on 100-110 kph around the 2500-2600 rpm mark which would be equivalent to your 65 mph (104.6 kph) (roughly) & I'm on 235/35/19" Taladegas!
    Jumping up wheel sizes will make a difference but as to how much I'm not sure! Do you now somebody that may have a bigger diam wheel set that you could try? Maybe your local tyre store or wrecking yard could lend you a bigger set to try 1st. Just a thought before you start buying wheel sets. Remember your take off speed may be slower too!

Daily
    2001 VW Bora
    2nd Car
    1996 Vento VR6

14s are standard, and it's not the wheels size it's the tyre size that makes a difference (rolling diameter)
    Check the tyre size is as per the placard.
    Black VW Bora
    Blue 6N Polo (Kirstims)

+ Reply to Thread