Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTI Aircon Not Working

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MkIV 2.slow
    Name
    Jon

GTI Aircon Not Working

Hey guys, my aircon has decided to stop working in the last couple of days in this scorching weather coupled with rain, so it's definitely a bad time.

As soon as I turn it on the auto function it raises to around 4 from the end and then goes up to two from the end, but no air is coming out. The Vents are all open. I'm not getting any CEL's either, but I haven't had a chance to scan the system.

Any ideas of what it might be?

Thanks,
    Jon
    Driver Motorsport Tuned | Melbourne Car Meets | Insta: @RefrigerVADERR

Daily
    MKV GTI
    2nd Car
    VR4 Legnum
    Name
    Scott

What happens if you use the A/C without auto??

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MkIV 2.slow
    Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by lankfert View Post
    What happens if you use the A/C without auto??
    Same thing, absolutely nothing comes out. Even the demisters are borked and don't do anything.

Daily
    City Rail
    Name
    Den

does adjusting any of the fan speeds do anything? Also can you feel the air con working through the vents when you are rolling?

Encountering the same issue in my MKV, but yea, its the manual air con system, not the auto one like in the GTI's. My problem is the blower fan voltage is hella low and failing to power the air blower.

Havent bothered to chase it up with a auto electrician yet, but from arm chair internet googling on the full auto air units, it can either be the blower resistor (easy fix), or the air control unit has broken all together.

What you can do in the meantime, is check the fuses on the blower (#22 i think?) and every other air related component. Also see if there is any voltage going into the blower fan. Blower fan is located on the front passenger side, under the glovebox. Its easy to get to with some hand removable screws.

Hope its a easy fix man. Keep us updated on your progress.

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MkIV 2.slow
    Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by whitemoo View Post
    does adjusting any of the fan speeds do anything? Also can you feel the air con working through the vents when you are rolling?
    Nope tried that. Still gets no air coming out at all unless I'm doing 100+ which is just the air coming into the car through the vents.

Encountering the same issue in my MKV, but yea, its the manual air con system, not the auto one like in the GTI's. My problem is the blower fan voltage is hella low and failing to power the air blower.
    Is it throwing any errors on the dash or through VAGCOM?

Havent bothered to chase it up with a auto electrician yet, but from arm chair internet googling on the full auto air units, it can either be the blower resistor (easy fix), or the air control unit has broken all together.
    Yeah I had a quick google and am hoping like mad that is' not the unit being broken as I've just ran out of statutory warranty.

What you can do in the meantime, is check the fuses on the blower (#22 i think?) and every other air related component. Also see if there is any voltage going into the blower fan. Blower fan is located on the front passenger side, under the glovebox. Its easy to get to with some hand removable screws.
    Thanks, I didn't think about the fuses as I was worried it might just be stuffed. I'll have a look at those though.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks Den.

Hope its a easy fix man. Keep us updated on your progress.[/QUOTE]

Daily
    City Rail
    Name
    Den

Quote Originally Posted by GTGUY View Post
    Is it throwing any errors on the dash or through VAGCOM?
    No idea, hopefully gonna find out this sunday. I unfortunately broke my own VAGCOM cable

Sounds like the control unit, as it isnt even switching the AC on. Could be as simple as a fuse tho.

If it is the air con unit (touch wood), i'd suggest not even bothering with a direct replacement. i remember seeing a MK6/7 air con unit that can direct fit in our cars, and also supports onscreen display of air con changes, just can't find the link.

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MkIV 2.slow
    Name
    Jon

Just checked all the fuses and they're all fine. Hopefully I'll be able to grab a scan on the weekend and see what's what.

If worse comes to worse I'll hit up VOLKSTECH or audservice.

Daily
    City Rail
    Name
    Den

For your reference:

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...product_id=149

Hope it doesent come down to that tho...

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MkIV 2.slow
    Name
    Jon

So you really think that would fix it? If that's all it is, I'd be happy to grab it as it's in my upcoming mod list.

Sent from my GTI using Tapatalk.

Daily
    City Rail
    Name
    Den

Could be anything man. I'd take it to a auto electrician/ dealer to have it looked at first as it can be other things.

+ Reply to Thread