Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VW Android 4.0 Head Unit Car Stereo

Daily
    Mk5 GTI
    Name
    Andrew Amato

VW Android 4.0 Head Unit Car Stereo

Anyone have any experience with these things?
    Suits many VW's and its rocking Android 4.0 with sd card slot, GPS, Reverse Camera, Wifi, 3g dongle, dvd, tv, canbus everything you could possibly need.

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit 5

I can't tell the difference between these things, but yeah still sussing it out.

I'm keen on getting one they look pretty cool.
    I think I can find a retailer in china that will do group discounts so might consider that as well depending on the interest in this post.

Daily
    MKV GTI
    2nd Car
    VR4 Legnum
    Name
    Scott

I have been talking to EWAY regarding their unit.

It looks the best so far and they offer a 2 month return warranty (Freight included).

They have sent me some links to videos of the unit operating and it looks good. It also uses the OEM design when you are not in Android mode.

Still waiting for them to test with an iPhone 5 before i confirm my order.

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Haro Mirra Pro
    Name
    Chris

I have a friend who just install a very similar android system (Menus look the same as these) into his Lancer and its very slow, menu's are a bit clunky and take a while to change but overall it's an ok system for the money but not as good as the VAG unit in my opinion.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    GTI MK5
    Name
    Steve

I have one of these the 8' system, i have had it for a few months and i dont mind it. i paid just under $400 for mine, it has wifi dvbt tv 3g etc.
    It works very well for what it is, the android system takes a bit to load and gps also takes a bit to load up and lock on. I did have a few issues with gps software to start but it sorted it self out.
    TV you will need a booster aerial, you can pick up decent one cheap on ebay. You do get alot of glare though but at night its great. There was a car crash once and they blocked the road so i pulled into a parking spot put the tv on and watched the news
    if you want to know anything let me know, shame your not in brisbane i could just show you
    steve

Daily
    VW Golf 77TDI VI
    Name
    Edward Murray

Steve,
    Just wondering how this unit is going. Are you still happy with it? Which brand did you go for. Is anybody else using the Android units at all?

Daily
    GTI MK5
    Name
    Steve

Sorry for late reply, dont come here as much as i should.
    The unit i have is unit 1 in the first post, just the android 2.0 version.
    I am having issues with gps, it never locks on. I have tried resetting it which worked once then stopped again. I have contacted the ebay selling and they said pull it apart check the wires etc which i will do on saturday. I am using igo and copilot.
    You need a really good tv antenna, i have the 7db one and while it works most of the time you will need a better one.
    Another thing i have noticed is when wifi is on buzzing sounds come from the speakers every now and then.
    Using your phone with the system works well, it takes awhile for your phone contacts to come up on the screen but sound etc works very well.
    It will get slow in android, sometimes when you touch it will not notice its a pain. Set it up the way you like so everything easy to get to and you should be ok.

Everything else is working well, its a good system when its working.
    I was happy with it, i just want it to work again then i will be happy.

Daily
    VW Golf 77TDI VI
    Name
    Edward Murray

Thanks for the response Steve. The specs of some of those systems look awesome on paper. I'm just concerned about the quality. Having an in car Android system would be pretty awesome though.

Daily
    GTI MK5
    Name
    Steve

Yes that what i thought also, just remember that bluetooth only works with handsfree and not android....as i found out. Main reason i wanted it so i could use torque
    If you can pick up a cheap one go for it but i have been thinking maybe pull it out and put in a 9-10' tablet some how, you can get them cheap these days.
    08 MK5 Golf GTI - Car Name: Black Magic - Dectane litec MK6 style Tail lights - 3' Downpipe - K&N CAI - CC Phase 2 - Eurojet PCV Delete - 18 ' HRE wheels

Daily
    vw
    2nd Car
    bmw
    Name
    Kevin Tan

Quote Originally Posted by thrice_a View Post
    Anyone have any experience with these things?
    Suits many VW's and its rocking Android 4.0 with sd card slot, GPS, Reverse Camera, Wifi, 3g dongle, dvd, tv, canbus everything you could possibly need.

Unit 1
    Unit 2
    Unit 3
    Unit 4
    Unit 5

I can't tell the difference between these things, but yeah still sussing it out.

I'm keen on getting one they look pretty cool.
    I think I can find a retailer in china that will do group discounts so might consider that as well depending on the interest in this post.
    it was out of style..

already has pure android 4.2 OS in the market !

look it ..

http://www.zhinavi.com/VW/

Daily
    VW Golf 77TDI VI
    Name
    Edward Murray

How much does it cost? Have you used the device? The specs look good but the polish is always the question...

Quote Originally Posted by kein1968 View Post
    it was out of style..

already has pure android 4.2 OS in the market !

look it ..

http://www.zhinavi.com/VW/

+ Reply to Thread