Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread: Machine's Machine

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Thanks Nat

Rich, that’s heaps of camber. I’m surprised you need to roll the guards to fit 245. Unless your ride heights are really low.
    A guy came to my house with a heat gun and some rolling tool and he did it by hand. I can’t even remember who it was, but I think Al gave me his info, so you might try asking him.

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    Thanks mate, think Iím just shy of 3.5 camber in the front so sounds like I might need the guards rolling...

Did you did it yourself or take it somewhere, let me know if you have anyone you can recommend please...

Currently set up with a bit of negative rake which appears to help with hard cornering. Iíll shoot you a text when I get the new wheels and tyres on if I have any trouble...
    Rich, i did run 245 40 18 on 18x8.5 +45 at one stage. Drove it at Morgan Park... think you were there too.

The rears had to have more camber dialed in to minimize rubbing (only at high speed deep road dip).

The fronts also had the groundcontrol mounts set to the max -ve camber and my front fenders are not rolled. No front rubbing.. because the front oem shocks bump stops simply stopped it from bottoming out!

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

Awesome, thanks Nat. Not got that much negative camber on the rear yet so I might have to look at that...

Catch up with you both soon. Really enjoyed that pizza joint for the awards night a couple of years ago if anyone fancies beer and pizza one evening...

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

I like pizza and I like beer and when I can’t decide which I like more, I put them together and it’s usually one heck of a night. I used to hear of a guy in university who lived on a diet of pizza and beer. Apparently, he got scurvy. But I digress.
    Pizza and beer, let’s do it!
    Click here --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | IE CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama A050 | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

I installed the IE cold air intake and Iím very happy with its quality and fitment. Itís also looking like long term fuel trims will be spot on. Theyíre sitting at about +2 after a couple hundred km. The car feels better now, but doesnít sound as good. The whoosh is still there, but there was something special about the sound of the VWR. The car seems a little bit more responsive down low and definitely smoother overall on throttle. My only gripe is the weight of the heat shield that houses the air filter. Itís heavy! An unnecessary 2.5 kg at the front left of the car. Oh well, canít have it all...

Click here --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | IE CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama A050 | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

nice work, good to see you are still finding mods to do and keeping the thread alive...

I've got some pretty cool updates coming soon including wheels / semi slicks and water meth, with out the meth. so just water really...

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    nice work, good to see you are still finding mods to do and keeping the thread alive...

I've got some pretty cool updates coming soon including wheels / semi slicks and water meth, with out the meth. so just water really...
    Thanks mate. That’s awesome, looking forward to your water update! What intake do you use? Do you want my old VWR?

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

thanks mate but I have the evoms intake which I'm relativley happy with so I'll stick with it...

its "the most powerful VW and Audi air intake systems on the market today." it even says so on their own website so I'm pretty sure it must be true...

http://www.evoms.com/EVOMS_MKVI_Golf...vfmk5-2.0t.htm

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

LOL. Yes, 100% true! I only wanted 2nd-most powerful
    Looks quite similar to Integrated Engineering. I wonder which came first...

+ Reply to Thread