Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine's Machine

Daily
    MY12 Golf R

Ben - so you currently have to change the bi-modal valve manually? (or do you just leave it open for "loud"?)
    2012 Golf R | UG | DSG | 19" Talladega | ACC | Leather | Viezu vTrack Stage 2 | Tarmac / Volant CAI | 42DD 3" DP | FIS+ Advanced | Podi Boost Gauge | view car diary thread

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo MK5 TSI
    Name
    Marco

Nice ride Ben!!

How you find the Viezu tune?,

Are you planning to do anything to your suspension?

Cheers!
    MK6 GTI KraftwerK 2+ | Exoticars | f: GTI Legacy| Insta: @m4rk0c

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Boltor View Post
    Ben - so you currently have to change the bi-modal valve manually? (or do you just leave it open for "loud"?)
    Neither. There's on, off and auto. Default is auto. The existing vacuum hose from the car operates the valve automatically. Same as stock. Although on this TBE, when the valve is open, the exhaust bypasses the muffler because the 2nd pipe doesn't enter the muffler at all, just goes straight through the right tail. I'll post pics...
    Click here --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | VWR CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama A050 | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Quote Originally Posted by M4RK0 View Post
    Nice ride Ben!!

How you find the Viezu tune?,

Are you planning to do anything to your suspension?

Cheers!
    Thanks Marco! I love the Viezu tune. Very happy with it. Torquey as hell

Absolutely no plans for suspension. I have ACC and I don't want to mess with it. I've read a lot about suspension mods with ACC and have chosen to leave it as is. I use it all the time and at the moment, Sport setting is working quite well on the track. As soon as I've reached the limits of grip or I experience a real need for extra cornering stability, I might consider stiffer sway bars or even disable the ACC and go all-out with the goods.

As you might tell, I modify for performance, not for looks. The ride height doesn't bother me.

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Boltor:

In the above pic, the pipe at right is coming from the front of the car. You can see where the valve is. I was wrong, some of the exhaust will enter the muffler when the valve is open, but most will come out the tail pipe.

The photo below is the bottom of the stock exhaust. You can see how all the exhaust enters the muffler. You can also see the the valve just after the muffler on the right tail pipe.

Click here --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | VWR CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama A050 | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo MK5 TSI
    Name
    Marco

We need a video!! for the Exhaust thread!,
    MK6 GTI KraftwerK 2+ | Exoticars | f: GTI Legacy| Insta: @m4rk0c

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

^Done!

Daily
    MY12 Golf R

fantastic, thanks for the explanation Ben. much clearer now.
    2012 Golf R | UG | DSG | 19" Talladega | ACC | Leather | Viezu vTrack Stage 2 | Tarmac / Volant CAI | 42DD 3" DP | FIS+ Advanced | Podi Boost Gauge | view car diary thread

Daily
    MK6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ninja 250R (nugget)
    Name
    Matthew

Ben/Machine.

I love your machine :3

Rims looks pretty good too =).

Question on the bimodal, I can see it isn't sitting correctly centred in the snap, or has it been re-adjusted?

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Quote Originally Posted by mattyeR20 View Post
    Ben/Machine.

I love your machine :3

Rims looks pretty good too =).

Question on the bimodal, I can see it isn't sitting correctly centred in the snap, or has it been re-adjusted?
    Thanks Matthew

Are you referring to the tail pipe(s)?

+ Reply to Thread