Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091

Thread: Machine's Machine

Daily
    2011 Golf R
    Name
    Hilton

Does the h&r sway bar use the stock brackets and bolts?
    I've bought a second hand one recently which only came with the rubber on the sway bay itself and had terrible trouble installing it. seemed like the stock brackets & bolts didn't fit.
    Did you have the same issue?

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Quote Originally Posted by hiltongolfr View Post
    Does the h&r sway bar use the stock brackets and bolts?
    I've bought a second hand one recently which only came with the rubber on the sway bay itself and had terrible trouble installing it. seemed like the stock brackets & bolts didn't fit.
    Did you have the same issue?
    No issues whatsoever. It was the simplest thing I've had to install. Just a straightforward swap!

The bar came as a plain bar with the rubber things on it. The stock brackets fit perfectly over top and everything bolted up nicely.

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Small update: new battery

Odyssey Extreme PC1200MJT 17kg

It's in and fits in the stock box, but it will need a hold down kit if this car ever sees the track again.
    Last edited by Machine; 15-10-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Click here --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | VWR CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama A050 | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

The Machine is BACK!

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Quote Originally Posted by dev17a View Post
    The Machine is BACK!
    Haha, let's not get carried away...

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Everyone loves car mods

In preparation for some Happy Laps at Lakeside, I decided it was time to make sure my battery can’t slide around. I acquired an Aeroflow lightweight aluminium battery tray designed to hold down the Odyssey PC1200, but I wasn’t sure how it would fit in the stock location. It turns out that it’s a little bit too wide to fit without modification, since it doesn’t wrap the battery’s footprint snugly. (I need to keep the stock plastic battery tray, as it has grommets in the front that will be used to mount a new Integrated Engineering intake that I’m switching to.) Anyway, I stayed up and worked late into the night—as usual for my DIY’s—hacking away at plastic with a utility knife and hacksaw. I managed to get the new tray to fit nicely, just squeezing the stock clamp back on, which holds it down on one side while it sits under the stock plastic lip on the other side. Bottom line is this battery ain’t goin’ no place. I was also able to reuse the dirty stock plastic box to hide this beautiful shiny black piece of kit.

Click here --> MY13 CW Golf R | Manual | ACC (deleted) | 19" Black Talladegas (sold) | Satnav-Dynaudio
    APR Stage 2+ w/RFD | Autotech HPFP | VWR CAI + BSH Heat Shield | NPC Clutch + SMF | HPX 3" TBE | CTS FMIC | VWR Short Shifter | Comp Haldex | Uprated Engine Mounts | MCA Red Suspension | HP Superpro LCA/ALK/Ball Joints | Superpro Rear Bushes | AP Racing BBK | P3 Gauge
    Track wheels: 18x8 ET45 Enkei Racing PF01 | Tyres: 245/40R18 Yokohama A050 | Street: 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

good work mate, looks like a neat solution...

I wouldn't mind picking your brains at some point to see if there was any guard work required to get 245's on...

take it easy and enjoy happy laps...

Daily
    MY13 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY08 Polo 1.9 TDI
    Name
    Machine

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    good work mate, looks like a neat solution...

I wouldn't mind picking your brains at some point to see if there was any guard work required to get 245's on...

take it easy and enjoy happy laps...
    Thanks Rich.

Just shoot me a text any time. I had the fender lips rolled, but that was before I was able to dial in more camber. Fitting extra width also depends on ride height, how hard you corner, how stiff your suspension is, your wheel specs and the shape and section width of the 245 you want to fit! But you already know all that

It’ll be fun to get out there again and play pretend-race-car-driver...

+ Reply to Thread