Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Mk1 GLD....

Daily
    01 Hilux Mini Truck
    2nd Car
    76 Mk1 Golf 2.0 16v
    Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by schoona View Post
    You will have to give this forum a run down of your 16V too Andrew
    Yeah thats becoming a money pit haha I have to many bits to list stored in boxes atm, im really waiting to get the car back from paint then as i start to put it back together ill take some pictures and share the process. The car will surprise some people, im going to great extent to get everything new and attention to detail is key with this rebuild. Also thinking my painter has forgotten about me haha he is a busy man so just have to be patient .

I have been working while the car has been away, picking up the rest of my parts from the aluminum welder this friday, gearbox is rebuilt with LSD all painted same as engine etc..etc.. 90% of parts going on the car are new sourced high and low at great expense! example: brand new chrome bumpers, new end caps, brackets, bolts and rubber insert. The wheels on the GLD are ment for this car aswell. Over the weekend might take a few more shots.

Shot below are just randoms i took off my phone.

What she used to look like

When she left to paint

Just a couple random shots

Daily
    Toyota Camry

Great to see another south Brisbanite Love your second Mk1. I'm looking for an Mk1 here in QLD and it's a tough mission! Let me know if you come across any.

Have you got the white Mk1 back from the painter?

Daily
    01 Hilux Mini Truck
    2nd Car
    76 Mk1 Golf 2.0 16v
    Name
    Andrew

Haven't been on here in a while few things have happened the Gld was featured in Volkswagen magazine Australia issue 28 pretty happy about that I also won Vw Warwick drags in the GLD and the 3door is back from paint here is a link for some photos, they are setup as a time line will update slowely.

Mk1 LS
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=28e9c06c12

Mk1 GLD
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=c092197779

Nice and clean !!!!!!! I like

Daily
    Golf GL Mk4
    Name
    Matthew

is it possible to fit a turbo to a mk1 gld, and where can i get hold of a kit for it.

Name
    Jedup

Awesome !

Apart from the car itself, the photography is awesome.

Your cars look perfect. I'd say you know plenty given how much work you did.
    I have questions about the GLD suspension:
    Is GLD suspension different from GTi? Is it easy to lower a little? How bout adding 1degree negative camber on the front?
    Any thoughts would help. I just purchased a 1980 GLD. Currently not running, so work to do.

+ Reply to Thread