Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Injection Setup for Golf R

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Looking forward to your further write up Ben. Real nice install with the bespoke bracketing. All class.

Would you also maybe consider centralising the system within the boot space, effectively only blocking the use of the small central portion when you wanted to put the seats down for extended storage. Would be a chance to have "Tarmac" listed twice on the bracket either side

ps. I wont charge you for the advice of this extra advertising potential

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Looking forward to your further write up Ben. Real nice install with the bespoke bracketing. All class.

Would you also maybe consider centralising the system within the boot space, effectively only blocking the use of the small central portion when you wanted to put the seats down for extended storage. Would be a chance to have "Tarmac" listed twice on the bracket either side

ps. I wont charge you for the advice of this extra advertising potential
    hahaha. Thanks for the comments mate.

2 steps ahead of you. Its on the left because the right hand seat is the larger of the 2 when down. Also the major factor is i still want to be able to get the spare wheel out incase of a flat tyre. Which i can currently do.

Thanks for the kind suggestions either way.

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

as you were

Daily
    Golf R Fridge Spec
    2nd Car
    Lexus
    Name
    fabio

Ben.

I like this...Where is your Methanol Fuk Ya!

Do you need a contact for a supply of meth

VWGolf.net.au Sponsor Greg Roles's Avatar
    Daily
    MK V GT TDI
    Name
    Greg Roles

Meth is best had from cleaning suppliers, used in window washing apparently. A fraction of the cost of "proper" racing methanol. Best place for a price in Brisbane is Specsol at Geebung, terrible service, but good prices. Accumulative poison so be careful. Not flammable at below 50% with water.

Excellent install, truly excellent. My own effort looks shit in comparison, and I took my time!
    Greg aka Cogdoc
    2015 Skoda Yeti TDI

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Fab_R View Post
    Ben.

I like this...Where is your Methanol Fuk Ya!

Do you need a contact for a supply of meth
    LOL, this sounds like some dodgy wog shit Fab. hahaha. I want to keep it legal son. Just had this discussion on the "other" forum about it being legal etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    Meth is best had from cleaning suppliers, used in window washing apparently. A fraction of the cost of "proper" racing methanol. Best place for a price in Brisbane is Specsol at Geebung, terrible service, but good prices. Accumulative poison so be careful. Not flammable at below 50% with water.

Excellent install, truly excellent. My own effort looks shit in comparison, and I took my time!
    Cleaning suppliers would be exactly where id go too. THANKS HEAPS for the useful leads on that Greg. Its nice to get some helpful info from other companies, (PS i do send people your way) where as on the "other forum"......lets just say the response wasnt what i wanted by friendly competitors.

I did read thats its not flammable below 50%. I wonder if it still makes it legal. My mates mate can approve this all soon anyway.

Thanks for the kind words, it was well thought out before hand to make it an easy...ish install in a day.

VWGolf.net.au Sponsor Greg Roles's Avatar
    Daily
    MK V GT TDI
    Name
    Greg Roles

No drama, I'm a car enthusiast before any form of business owner. Some people forget that in their ivory towers. I appreciate your support mate, and know you do it.

Just be aware it is VERY OBVIOUS from the smell when you inject metho, methanol or any solvent actually, it always seems to evaporate a little from the tank and plumbing.

I mixed up a 49/51 methanol/water mix and tried to light it - remember invisible flame kiddies - and nothing.

Makes the oiler friggen insane.

Why piss you off, I have future plans your company can likely help me with!
    Greg aka Cogdoc
    2015 Skoda Yeti TDI

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    No drama, I'm a car enthusiast before any form of business owner. Some people forget that in their ivory towers. I appreciate your support mate, and know you do it.

Just be aware it is VERY OBVIOUS from the smell when you inject metho, methanol or any solvent actually, it always seems to evaporate a little from the tank and plumbing.

I mixed up a 49/51 methanol/water mix and tried to light it - remember invisible flame kiddies - and nothing.

Makes the oiler friggen insane.

Why piss you off, I have future plans your company can likely help me with!
    hahaha, i dont really plan to put methanol in it anyway. Maybe by accident if i need to make 2 more kw on the dyno or something to round the figure off.

Oooo. Ill be awaiting your call.

Daily
    2012 Citroen DS3
    Name
    Andrew

Sorry, I don't have anything to add. I just wanted to butt in and tell you you are doing it completely wrong, and my years of experience and page 3 Motor ads means what I say is the only option

Looking good mate. Not for me, but looks like a very nicely engineered solution and very well thought out.
    2012 Citroen DS3 Dsport. Not bad actually.

Need Planning Advice? The Design Partnership

Daily
    Polo GTI
    2nd Car
    S3
    Name
    Gavin

You have my backing against the 'competitor'. Got WI on my S3

Gavin

+ Reply to Thread