Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Tarmac Engineering-Southbend DXD Clutch Dealer

  1. #11
    Senior Member Tarmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben
    Posts
    4,713

    haha. Sorry mate. Top quality stuff these clutches.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Daily
    MY09 MKV R32
    2nd Car
    MY09 ForesterXT
    Name
    Brad
    Posts
    1,847

    Any options / recommendations for a daily driven manual MKV R32?

    The stock one seems to be ok for now, but having just ticked over 70,000kms and driving the way I do, it's only a matter of time.
    2008 MKV R32 <--Click for pics - Deep Blue Pearl - 3DR - Manual - 20% Tint - EVOMS Intake - Milltek Non-Res Catback Exhaust - APR ECU Tune - 18" GTC GT-CX Rims - Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT Tyres - Whiteline 24mm RSB - Adam's Rotors (Double Slotted) - Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads - Vibratechnics Road Torque Link Mount - SprintBooster - R8 Coil Packs - NGK Platinum Sparkplugs - Stubby Antenna - Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5w30

  3. #13
    Senior Member Tarmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben
    Posts
    4,713

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    Any options / recommendations for a daily driven manual MKV R32?

    The stock one seems to be ok for now, but having just ticked over 70,000kms and driving the way I do, it's only a matter of time.
    Sure is mate, all the options listed above. Single mass lightened flywheel for "rapid" acceleration. Id say Stage 2 daily would be perfect for Mk5 R32 owners.

    Ill get them all added to the website today.

  4. #14
    Senior Member scotty1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northbridge, NSW
    Daily
    Camry Hybrid Luxury
    2nd Car
    Golf GTI & E36 M3
    Name
    Scott
    Posts
    1,438

    Currently running a southbend clutch and flywheel, no complaints, has dealt with plenty of punishment, would recommend!

    Note: If you don't want increased NVH don't get the single mass flywheel, your car will rattle a lot more without the dual mass flywheel. I enjoy it because race car.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Tarmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben
    Posts
    4,713

    You may have 1 of the older ones...
    The all new South Bend Silent Design clutch packages have all the same great qualities of the previous kits, except now they have eliminated all "chatter" issues. Clutch chatter is the "helicopter" like sound you will normally get when replacing the factory flywheel with a single mass flywheel. It occurs when the engine is on, not in any gear, with your foot off the clutch pedal. You will notice it to go away when pressing the clutch pedal in. This is not actually a problem, like some may think it is, rather a sound that not everyone can tolerate coming from their engine bay. If you are one of these VW owners, then this South Bend Silent Design clutch kit is for you.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Daily
    MY09 MKV R32
    2nd Car
    MY09 ForesterXT
    Name
    Brad
    Posts
    1,847

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    Sure is mate, all the options listed above. Single mass lightened flywheel for "rapid" acceleration. Id say Stage 2 daily would be perfect for Mk5 R32 owners.

    Ill get them all added to the website today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    You may have 1 of the older ones...
    The all new South Bend Silent Design clutch packages have all the same great qualities of the previous kits, except now they have eliminated all "chatter" issues. Clutch chatter is the "helicopter" like sound you will normally get when replacing the factory flywheel with a single mass flywheel. It occurs when the engine is on, not in any gear, with your foot off the clutch pedal. You will notice it to go away when pressing the clutch pedal in. This is not actually a problem, like some may think it is, rather a sound that not everyone can tolerate coming from their engine bay. If you are one of these VW owners, then this South Bend Silent Design clutch kit is for you.
    Sounds good. Definitely keen to retain the OEM level of stealthiness. Will keep an eye on the website. Cheers.
    2008 MKV R32 <--Click for pics - Deep Blue Pearl - 3DR - Manual - 20% Tint - EVOMS Intake - Milltek Non-Res Catback Exhaust - APR ECU Tune - 18" GTC GT-CX Rims - Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT Tyres - Whiteline 24mm RSB - Adam's Rotors (Double Slotted) - Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads - Vibratechnics Road Torque Link Mount - SprintBooster - R8 Coil Packs - NGK Platinum Sparkplugs - Stubby Antenna - Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5w30

  7. #17
    Senior Member just_quietly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    MKV Golf GTI
    Name
    Jason
    Posts
    2,062

    I've got the stage 2 daily. Works a treat. Handles my 410nM with no issues. Works very well at the drags too. If you're modified and are in the market for a clutch, go southbend.
    MKV GTI revo stage 2+ K03

  8. #18
    Senior Member Tarmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben
    Posts
    4,713

    Quote Originally Posted by just_quietly View Post
    I've got the stage 2 daily. Works a treat. Handles my 410nM with no issues. Works very well at the drags too. If you're modified and are in the market for a clutch, go southbend.
    Another good review. Southbend DXD really have it sussed out well, hence i contacted them. The stage 2 daily sounds perfectly matched to your setup too.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Daily
    MY09 MKV R32
    2nd Car
    MY09 ForesterXT
    Name
    Brad
    Posts
    1,847

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    Another good review. Southbend DXD really have it sussed out well, hence i contacted them. The stage 2 daily sounds perfectly matched to your setup too.
    *clink clink clink*

    Pennies are being saved. haha
    2008 MKV R32 <--Click for pics - Deep Blue Pearl - 3DR - Manual - 20% Tint - EVOMS Intake - Milltek Non-Res Catback Exhaust - APR ECU Tune - 18" GTC GT-CX Rims - Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT Tyres - Whiteline 24mm RSB - Adam's Rotors (Double Slotted) - Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads - Vibratechnics Road Torque Link Mount - SprintBooster - R8 Coil Packs - NGK Platinum Sparkplugs - Stubby Antenna - Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5w30

  10. #20
    Senior Member Tarmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben
    Posts
    4,713

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    *clink clink clink*

    Pennies are being saved. haha
    haha. Geez with all your mods sounds like you will eventually need 1

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts