Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh's House of Stance MKV R32

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by whitemoo View Post
    Finally. Good to see how you and your ride have progressed.

Here are some more memories:

Amazing rides...
    MY11 Golf .:R | 3 Door l Rising Blue l 3 Pedals l 19" Grey Pretoria Rims l Leather l Nav | Bluetooth

Mods: Milltek CatBack l Bluefin Stage 1 l Unibrace XB & UB | H&R Springs & Rear Sway | AWE & AmD Hybrid CAI | SprintBooster
    Cosmetics: P3 Gauge | Interior LED Lights | LED Turn Bulbs | R Centre Caps | Kerscher Front Splitter | NS Boost Gauge

To see my Build Thread >>>Click Here<<< Watch my Videos >>>Click Here<<<

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

really liking the new alphards on the ride man...shame about the lip!
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

Daily
    MKV R32 2dr 6MT UG
    Name
    Joshua

Managed to dig up some old photos

Test fitting the BBS wheels.... and yes I have a proper jack now

Daily
    MKV R32 2dr 6MT UG
    Name
    Joshua

So my original plan with the R32 was for it to be a car that I could take to the track a few times a year, while it being a comfortable daily driver. That's the reason behind my earlier modifications such as KW V3, Haldex controller, H&R Sway bars, Lightweight forged wheels, brakes, etc etc. All of which significantly improved the agility of the car without taking away from the ride quality.

HOWEVER, my close mates began showing me countless videos/Speedhunters blogs about Wörthersee and other similar VAG events... trying to convince me to 'stance' my car, like those in Europe and America. At first, I had ignored them... until someone showed me this picture:

I instantly fell in love! MKV R32 slammed on a set of Prima Donna style BBS RS'.

So I began researching about airbags; their pros and cons, prices for the kit and installation, etc. I even somehow got in contact with the owner of the Blue R32 pictured above.

After weeks of research, I finally gave into the idea of 'Stance' and bought the airbag system from a forum member, Geo.

Although I have a MKV R32 and he has a MKVI GTD, they share the same air ride kit between each other. These kits are even compatible with the Audi S3 and TT MK2.

Rayray086 helped us with the removal of the air bag system from Geo's car and this was when I ran into my first few problems.

Rears: The rear bags (Airlift slam series) had two major design flaws.
    First: Being a sleeve design, when the bag was aired out even slightly, they would roll onto the lower control arm and rub against it

Second: In order to install these bags, the nipples (upper spring perch) had to be shaved off. This meant that it was impossible to revert back into a shock&spring combo without welding on a new nipple in place.

Luckily, Airlift had released a new rear airbag design for the MK5/6 platform - using a double bellow bag instead of a sleeve and also using a new bracket system so there is no need to cut the nipple!

Fronts: Quoting Geo -

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    So basically currently my car is grounded. Over the Easter long weekend we attempted taking the bags out.

The fronts were surprisingly the tricky part because we physically cannot remove the front struts. Aside from ripping the whole hub out and smashing the shit out of it, we literally can't even to get the fucker to budge. I don't know what ridiculously magical way Ramspeed got it in since its meant to just slide in but it's pretty much fucked now.

Fuck.
    We had no choice but to get them removed professionally. Took the car to Alex @ Concord Customs who told removed them with ease but also informed us of something even the guys at Bagriders didn't know.

It turns out that the strut diameter of Australian delivered MK5/6 are 5mm smaller than American delivered MK5/6's!!? Go figure...

After months of waiting, the air bag kit was finally in my hands!!

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo MK5 TSI
    Name
    Marco

Looking forward to your updates Josh, your car had a really nice stance before,
    MK6 GTI KraftwerK 2+ | Exoticars | f: GTI Legacy| Insta: @m4rk0c

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Koji

Quote Originally Posted by golferthirtytwo View Post
    It turns out that the strut diameter of Australian delivered MK5/6 are 5mm smaller than American delivered MK5/6's!!? Go figure...
    I'm assuming your front strut diameter is 55mm? Or was Geo's setup running 50mm struts? If you have the 50mm struts lying around, I would be interested to take them off your hands!

p.s. love your car, the colour, drop and wheels

Daily
    City Rail
    Name
    Den

Really digging the background info and how you arrived to where the car is today.

Give us more!

Daily
    Audi S3 8P
    2nd Car
    VW MK6 GTI

Josh, please man do not use that jack without a jackstand! I have seen/heard so many horror stories!

Very unsafe jack! lol - and normal side of things, very tidy.. Ray doing the work for you? lol
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself."

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

Go hard son!

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo MK5 TSI