Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII


+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 130 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 1297

Thread: Josh's REVO Stage 2 MK7 Golf R & APR Stage 3+ Scirocco R

  1. #151
    Senior Member Adrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Name
    Adrian
    Posts
    475

    Damn this is hot! Was never the biggest fan of the Roc but my opinion has changed thanks to this fine example!
    MKVI Golf R 5 Door | Rising Blue | Manual | 19" Silver Talladegas | ACC | Leather | RNS510 | RVC
    Spectune Stage 1.5 | GFB DV+ | Tarmac Engineering Intake | DBA T2 Rotors | Gloss Black Badges | 4" Black Tips | LEDs Throughout

  2. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Daily
    2013 Scirocco R
    2nd Car
    2014 MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Josh
    Posts
    887

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh84 View Post
    Thought I'd post a pic I took this morning at Emerald Lake. Nice sunny day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Damn this is hot! Was never the biggest fan of the Roc but my opinion has changed thanks to this fine example!
    Thanks Adrian for the very generous compliment.
    .....
    Update (sort of):

    I am thinking about swapping my VWR for the Carbonio APR intake. I understand that this is a step-down (?) but I am hoping that the Carbonio might be a little quieter at least until I get my full RSC exhaust installed. The "whooshing" sound was cool at first but it does get a tad intrusive at times within the cabin especially when overtaking. I understand that the Carbonio has been under a lot of criticism because it provides negligible gains with no difference in sound. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...

  3. #153
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NSW Hunter Valley
    Daily
    BMW 530i on 19"s
    2nd Car
    MUMSRIG Prado
    Name
    Mitch
    Posts
    20

    Very nice car man....... very nice indeed!!

  4. #154
    Senior Member Joe7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upper North Shore, Sydney
    Daily
    Scirocco R
    Name
    Joe
    Posts
    335

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh84 View Post
    Thanks Adrian for the very generous compliment.
    .....
    Update (sort of):

    I am thinking about swapping my VWR for the Carbonio APR intake. I understand that this is a step-down (?) but I am hoping that the Carbonio might be a little quieter at least until I get my full RSC exhaust installed. The "whooshing" sound was cool at first but it does get a tad intrusive at times within the cabin especially when overtaking. I understand that the Carbonio has been under a lot of criticism because it provides negligible gains with no difference in sound. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...
    You didn't turn up the music! The Carbonio has a nice addition of carbon fibre but other than I guess it is still using the factory pipes but only change the front portion? But if I were you I wouldn't bother with it if you anyway put the VWR intake back with your RSC, I thought you are going to do it soon?!

  5. #155
    Senior Member Joe7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upper North Shore, Sydney
    Daily
    Scirocco R
    Name
    Joe
    Posts
    335

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh84 View Post
    Thanks Joe and Greg for the heads up on Dectane. I've never dealt with them before but I am assuming they are from Germany? I really like that Facebook pic. Looks well integrated.

    But as John mentioned earlier, I might wait and see if LED lights are a worthy purchase and if additional coding is required which will be a hassel. Lots of performance and other visual stuff planned for my Rocco too. But..damn...those led lights look really sleek. lol
    It is from Germany yes, the LITEC (RV41K) one is currently back ordered unfortunately as it seems pretty popular in Europe. Usually no additional coding required for Dectane products. Looking forward to seeing your other visual stuff mate!
    Last edited by Joe7777; 22-09-2013 at 08:51 PM.

  6. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Daily
    2013 Scirocco R
    2nd Car
    2014 MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Josh
    Posts
    887

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe7777 View Post
    You didn't turn up the music! The Carbonio has a nice addition of carbon fibre but other than I guess it is still using the factory pipes but only change the front portion? But if I were you I wouldn't bother with it if you anyway put the VWR intake back with your RSC, I thought you are going to do it soon?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe7777 View Post
    It is from Germany yes, the LITEC (RV41K) one is currently back ordered unfortunately as it seems pretty popular in Europe. Usually no additional coding required for Dectane products. Looking forward to seeing your other visual stuff mate!
    Cheers for the response Joe. I will contact Dectane next week to enquire about delivery times etc.

    Fair point about the intake. Might just wait till I get the exhaust installed and see how everything sounds after inside the cabin. Plan to have it all installed by early next month or around then at least. Our first newborn is due anytime now...so slight delay in the installation/mod plans etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1cut808 View Post
    Very nice car man....... very nice indeed!!
    Thanks mate! A long long way to go before this car reaches the same level of aesthetic and performance standards as most of the other cars on here.

  7. #157
    Senior Member Joe7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upper North Shore, Sydney
    Daily
    Scirocco R
    Name
    Joe
    Posts
    335

    Congrats Josh! What a great news! Yeah, don't spend too much time on the car, get your priority to the newborn for sure. Car is there anytime for you to play with or unless you want your newborn to have first day in the stage 2+ powered car, then it is another story, that is going to be fun!

  8. #158
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Daily
    2013 Scirocco R
    2nd Car
    2014 MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Josh
    Posts
    887

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe7777 View Post
    Congrats Josh! What a great news! Yeah, don't spend too much time on the car, get your priority to the newborn for sure. Car is there anytime for you to play with or unless you want your newborn to have first day in the stage 2+ powered car, then it is another story, that is going to be fun!
    thanks Joe! Haha...my wife has given me a tentative deadline to suspend all impending mod-projects. Trying my best to 'stock up' first and install later

    Really hoping my soon-to-be son is in to cars! Fingers crossed!

  9. #159
    Senior Member Joe7777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Upper North Shore, Sydney
    Daily
    Scirocco R
    Name
    Joe
    Posts
    335

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh84 View Post
    thanks Joe! Haha...my wife has given me a tentative deadline to suspend all impending mod-projects. Trying my best to 'stock up' first and install later

    Really hoping my soon-to-be son is in to cars! Fingers crossed!
    Do all the mods on the sly! I don't think your wife will notice your suspension upgrade to V3 if not put on a rough setting. I had my DDC fitted recently, it rides awesome! Should have put it in much earlier. I prefer a better handling car at the moment. Don't stock them up for too long as you may eventually not use them!

    Get your son build a twin charged V8 for your 'rocco

  10. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Daily
    2013 Scirocco R
    2nd Car
    2014 MK7 Golf R
    Name
    Josh
    Posts
    887

    haha...I couldn't wait any longer..all the APR bits are being installed on Thursday! I will address S&H in a few months when things settle baby-wise. Maybe I'll start modding our baby stroller with 19 inch wheels and a K04 turbo. lol

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts