Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome to VWGolf.net.au

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

Welcome to VWGolf.net.au

Hey guys,

A few nights ago Christina (SUGA) and I had a discussion about starting an Australian specific VW Golf forum. A few glasses of wine later (!) the snowball effect kicked in and we were on the laptop looking for domain names. The very next day we were at the department of fair trading office and this is what we walked out with:

Founding a community might be a hard thing for many, but graphic design and web design is what we do best, and to us it comes naturally and it's also "free" as we don't have to pay for designers and coders to do the work for us.

Yes, the business name registration, domain name registration and web hosting cost us some money, but it's nowhere near as much as setting up a physical business and it's money we're willing to lose so long as we have fun during the process and so long as we give it a good shot.

The concept behind VWGolf.net.au is simple. An Australian based Volkswagen Golf forum which embraces all models of Golfs VW has ever made. Hopefully organising future offline meets will be made easy through the forum, as well as sharing experiences and information relating to our cars.

We can't get anywhere without you.

We'd greatly appreciate all the feedback and support you can afford to give to help make VWgolf.net.au a success. Spreading the news and inviting fellow Golf owners to sign on would be a great start!
    Last edited by SUGA; 26-03-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Daily
    Caddy R
    Name
    Frenchman

Nice work Justin and Christina, website looks awesome and can see a lot of work has gone into it.....
    Why don't you set up ''Paypal Donation'' easy to use and I am sure members would contribute to the making of this site.

Daily
    MkV Golf R32
    2nd Car
    MkI GLS / MkII GL
    Name
    Aaron

If I were you I would make a $50 a year membership to attend "physical" meets, if you get a group of 50 members that will easily cover your expenses.

I understand its not something to make money from, but trust me after running some high traffic web sites in the past its well worth it.

However, make it something like first 3 meets are free, as to get the party started sort of thing :P

Anything I can do to help, just let me know. I am a Network Engineer/Unix Admin so anything in the hosting/networking (apache, ftpd, snmpd, smtp, DNS, ifconfig, nix admin etc.) department I am good to help with.
    Be happy to get involved!

Cheers guys and good luck!
    Aaron.
    MkV MY09 R32 - Black Pearl.
    MkI MY77 GLS - Silver. (V10 mid-mount... hehehe)

Tweaks:
    RNS-510 - Nav Unit
    Custom Stainless Door-Sills (TY Kraft)
    UK Version - Premium BT Kit
    Exhaust Flapper Mod
    K&N Apollo Cold Air Intake

Future Mods:
    BBS Super RS 19"
    OSIR Carbon Two Tone Bonnet

Canberra VW Owners Club Founder.

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Christina

Thanks Aaron!

Definitely something to think about for the future!

Daily
    Some Subaru thing.
    Name
    Cameron

Thanks for setting up the site guys.
    I love the layout, lets hope we can expand and see lots of friendly new faces at meets in the future.
    Previous: MKV 2.0TDI, MKV GTI, MKVI GTI Adidas (bluefin tuned)
    Current: Boring Subaru wagon thing

Daily
    .:R32
    2nd Car
    Aston Martin One77
    Name
    John

I could help in some areas. SUGA you need to clear some space in your mailbox so I can PM you. Cheers Mate

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Christina

Cleared now!

+ Reply to Thread