Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1992 VW Golf GTI - could it satisfy my NEEDS for now?

1992 VW Golf GTI - could it satisfy my NEEDS for now?

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...ode%20matchany

Calling all you VW Golf lovers! I need help - some of you may know my love for old school, and although this is not real old school, it looks very neat and almost maybe what I need right now, a project for me to maintain and play with.

After last nights meet - I almost went stir crazy and hit carsales again!! (damn you Justin!!) Anyway, found this, think it looks great, but want some advice from you all - picking your brains basically. What should I be looking for? What are the common issues? What will it take to maintain this? Will it last???? (Who am I kidding? Of course it will!)

Anyway - this was my brain dump. I am curious, excited and somewhat motivated to get back into it! It will be a daily driver with maybe 1 or 2 mods, I just want to keep it clean and drive it.

HELP!

Buy it so I can drive it

Daily
    Caddy R
    Name
    Frenchman

Nice example Shida....Expensive me thinks but may be well worth it....

Apart from the obvious body/engine not too sure what to look for myself...

I would recommend Stateroads to check it out, It'll cost $300 but best 300 money can buy...These guys go over everything !!

Also would have to find out how much parts and availability..

Thanks very much for that Frenchie - I think if my heart comes down to it, it will definitely be a well spent 300$ to get it checked out. I don't want to buy it and be stuck with a lemon. I am willing to pay the price to know that the car will last a while.

Daily
    MK5 GT TDI
    2nd Car
    MK2 GTI
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by shida View Post
    http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...ode%20matchany

Calling all you VW Golf lovers! I need help - some of you may know my love for old school, and although this is not real old school, it looks very neat and almost maybe what I need right now, a project for me to maintain and play with.

After last nights meet - I almost went stir crazy and hit carsales again!! (damn you Justin!!) Anyway, found this, think it looks great, but want some advice from you all - picking your brains basically. What should I be looking for? What are the common issues? What will it take to maintain this? Will it last???? (Who am I kidding? Of course it will!)

Anyway - this was my brain dump. I am curious, excited and somewhat motivated to get back into it! It will be a daily driver with maybe 1 or 2 mods, I just want to keep it clean and drive it.

HELP!
    I have a MK2 GTI, same as that but red.

It's like any old car you look for all the obvious stuff, but you wanna look for how it idles, as it can be a real pain to fix. Also if the a/c and heater works. Also the linkages in the gearbox. Also check for leaks on all the coolant stuff.

You can put an exhaust and downpipe from a MK3 on it and it really opens it up to breathe.

Daily
    8L A3T

Interior is mint! You don't see that often even with Mk3 VR6 seats.
    Past: Mk3 Golf 2.0L 8V RIP
    Present: Audi 8L A3T

Daily
    MKIV 2.0
    2nd Car
    FJ20ET Datsun 1600

I love Mk2's, and there are so many different looks you can achieve with them thanks to the big bumpers/small bumpers single headlight/twin headlight etc etc and other trims available.

Daily
    Caddy R
    Name
    Frenchman

^ Delicious ! Interesting colour scheme, Nice dish..

here is the email I got back from the dealership:

Hello SHIDA,
    We are not very far from you at all, we are at 93 Parramatta Rd in Granville the nearest cross street is Alfred street. You can call us on 96375024.

The car looks and drives very nice and we have had a lot of enquiry and appointments for this weekend. I hope you can get in and have a look before it sells.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Vehicle Details
    ===============
    Stock Number: 6390
    Price: $ $5,990
    Rego: AAP50N
    Year: 1992
    Make: VOLKSWAGEN
    Model: GOLF
    KM: 167034
    Colour: BLACK
    Body Style: HATCHBACK
    Transmission: Manual
    Engine Size: 1.8L
    Badge: GTI
    Series:

He said it is as mint as it looks in the pics and seeing as it is that close to home, I might pop in and check it out on Saturday morning. Let's hope no one picks it up before then!

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

Carsales.

Getting heaps of hits from Shida.
    Getting heaps of hits from Justin.

+ Reply to Thread