Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MkV GTI Front Splitter/ Spoiler

Daily
    Mk5 Golf GTI
    Name
    Liam

MkV GTI Front Splitter/ Spoiler

Hey guys,

Can someone recommend me a good place to get a new front splitter, as you can see the one on my GTI is damaged from the previous owner and is really starting to bug me now. Have looked all over the net but haven't found much at all.

Would get the one on ECS as it's reasonably priced but the shipping is more than the actual product Have seen a few others around but am a but hesitant to buy them because they're reps and don't id like a good fitting part.

Will be colour coding it so colour is much of a problems. Any recommendations are much appreciated.
    Cheers

Daily
    2008 GT TSI
    2nd Car
    VE SV6 Sportswagon

Seriously worth checking with a VW dealer Liam, I think they're only ~$100-$150?
    2008 GT TSI

Daily
    Mk5 Golf GTI
    Name
    Liam

Really!?!?!

I thought that it would be double that and some for something like that. Might give them a call tomorrow then and see what they say.

Cheers

Edit: The part number will be the same as the one ECS say's it is, won't it?

Daily
    City Rail
    2nd Car
    Golf MKv 1.6L
    Name
    Den

Here is another option if you want more 'lip'. I bought this exact same one to replace my GTI Pirelli lip. This one is PU material, finish is good, but a OEM VW piece will obviously have a better fit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/05-10-VW-...item27d443b2e1

Good luck on your search!

Daily
    Mk5 Golf GTI
    Name
    Liam

Quote Originally Posted by whitemoo View Post
    Here is another option if you want more 'lip'. I bought this exact same one to replace my GTI Pirelli lip. This one is PU material, finish is good, but a OEM VW piece will obviously have a better fit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/05-10-VW-...item27d443b2e1

Good luck on your search!
    I did see this one as an option. Although I would prefer to go OEM and keep the standard style GTI lip so will see how I go with VW tomorrow.

But it's good to here from someone that they think it is a good product, it's much appreciated.

Daily
    Mk5 Golf GTI
    Name
    Liam

Pick this up from VW today, will be collecting the splitter tomorrow as well. All up it came to $340 which is what I expected to pay at VW, but a bit more than I wanted to.

In the end I decided just to bite the bullet as I wanted something genuine, and the fact they had it locally and i could have it in a couple of days also helped their case in getting me to buy it.

Thanks for all those that helped out, will be calling the places that you guys recommended to me over on facebook with regards to colour coding the lowers tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread