Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Scotty's MY11 Golf R

Daily
    Audi tt mk2 fwd
    2nd Car
    Volvo XC70
    Name
    Barry

Good job mate..keep going with it

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

So after some logging and testing, to see why the boost and power is dropping so much we have put it down to there is some still false knock and the LFPFP is starting to running out of pressure at around 5,800rpm...

So will have a TTRS LPFP coming next week...
    This weekend I plan to go over the whole motor, checking and double checking everything I have taken off / put on... I have a feeling that my exhaust is rubbing or lean against the bracket half way down the car...

Fun times a head - but we will get there!
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

good luck getting it sorted mate and keep us updated with the progress. i have a very similar issue but it only happens when the car is run hard and hot...

are you upgrading the controller for the lpfp?

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    good luck getting it sorted mate and keep us updated with the progress. i have a very similar issue but it only happens when the car is run hard and hot...

are you upgrading the controller for the lpfp?
    Thanks mate.

No need to upgrade the controller apparently... IF it need's it ill end up getting TTRS controller, as I have heard about them over heating, but was told it shouldn't be a problem
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

There's usually no need to if you know where the LPFP maps are in the file - I do . Most people don't apparently.
    There's still the odd car that has a spaz when you lift off and the pressure hits an 8 bar limit and shuts the engine down , that's not ideal at the end of a 400m run hee hee hee.
    The pressure in the low pressure side is normally dictated by the underbody fuel filter itself which has its own 5 bar valve. There's a couple of options as far as pressure goes here too as well as variations in the brands of filter and this seems to be what causes the cutouts. Jasons is the only one we couldn't 100% cure in SW

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Milestone hit today... This made me a little sad!

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

On the other hand, I now have this in my hands!

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

nice work, i hope you have little hands as i found the connector pipe that runs over the propshaft tunnel a pain in the hole to connect up...

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    nice work, i hope you have little hands as i found the connector pipe that runs over the propshaft tunnel a pain in the hole to connect up...
    Pump is in!

Took me about 40mins in total.. I don't have little hands but figured out how to do it.. It was scary but very easy to do!

So far the low end pick up is more and topend is good!

+ Reply to Thread