Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotty's MY11 Golf R Hybrid

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Scotty's MY11 Golf R Hybrid

Hi, & Welcome to my Golf R build thread.

With the first post I will update with all the mods or upgrades as I go.

It always starts somewhere…. I have never been a fan of Auto gearbox’s until I got behind the DSG paddle shift (big F1 fan & Sim Racer) so it felt like home and very natural… My history of cars started with a 1982 Rx7 with a 13bt and 200rwkw, 283rwkw 180sx however the one I built from scratch a 1986 Rx7 with 13bt and 400rwkw that run low 10s… so I am very well introduced into big powered car’s /setups and very hard to please.

I purchased my March MY11 Built Golf R which was first registered on the 11th of November second hand with 27,899km on the clock, on the 3rd of May 2013... And as coping a lot of slack from friends as a 'shopping go getter or match box car' I am still a very proud owner of this Golf R and enjoy every single moment driving her. I just put it down to them being jealous

Now some info on the car, current mods, mods coming and my future plans:

Factory Fitted Options
    5 Doors
    Rising Blue
    DSG
    Black 19” Talladega’s
    Sunroof
    Sat NAV
    Black Leather Package

Engine Mods
    Recode Custom Tuning/Anti-Lag
    Recode Custom DSG Tuning
    CTS Cold Air Intake
    CTS Intercooler
    CTS 3” Dump Pipe
    TTE480 K04 Hybrid Turbo
    Frequency Intelligent 3" Cat Back, Black Carbon tips
    R8 Coil Pack
    GFB DV+
    Autotech High Pressure Fuel Pump
    TTRS Low Pressure Fuel Pump
    165 Bar Fuel Valve

Handling & Suspension
    H&R Sport Springs – 1.5-1.8” lower (come with purchase)
    H&R Sway Bars (come with purchase)
    SSR GTV02 18x8 Wheels
    Federal RS-R
    MMR Black Bolts

Braking Upgrades
    DBA ClubSpec T3 4000's
    Remsa Pads

Appearance/Cosmetic Mods
    VW Bottle opener (didn’t come with car)
    Golf R Stainless Steel Seat Inserts
    Carbon Fibre DSG Paddle Extension
    LED licence plate replacement
    LED Interior lighting kit
    Black VW Badges

Current Performance
    60ft - 1.808
    1/4 time - 11.992 @ 115.67mph (25/01/2017 TTE480, Air Temp 24*)
    approx. 424ps (98ron)

Old Setup Performance
    Spectune - Aggressive Tune V3 Stage 2.5+
    Dyno - 214awkw - 287hp (19/05/2016 Spectune)

GIAC Extreme 98ron Map
    60ft - 1.849 (7/03/2015 GIAC Extreme Tune, Track Temp 34*, Air Temp 27*)
    1/4 time - 12.839 @ 105 mph (7/03/2015 GIAC Extreme Tune, Track Temp 34*, Air Temp 27*)
    0-100kph - 3.81 Seconds (10/08/2015 Spectune - Aggressive Tune V2)

Found her at a BMW Dealer in Parramatta.
    Here she was the first time I saw her.

The day brought her home... Happy Days

Cheers,
    Scotty
    Last edited by scotty86; 16-04-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Daily
    MK6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ninja 250R (nugget)
    Name
    Matthew

prettty !!

welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy the car

nice mod list i'd say, Looking forward to seeing how this pans out in the end.

Its really nice to see a JDM person move to the euro scene -- but i bet you'll miss some jap cars from time to time =P

Instead of APR flash, why not conside GIAC extreme down the line or speak to Tarmac (ben) and opt for spectune -- it sounds promising thus!

Why a Golf R? Because they are awesome full stop. Haha Nah I wanted a nice daily that was smallish, good on fuel, fast with good drivability. I wanted something I could take to the snow with AWD that could handle, with good braking, and goes from the line. The R has it all, and I knew from little background reading small mods to make them into little supercars, that will not only beat a brand new F6 or GT-P off the line with mods but pull their pants down. HA you got beat by a Golf!

^ Dw all my mates originally told me "nah get an STI, GTR bla bla bla" i said i want a newer car that has decent power and is comfortable, the golf fit it well (2011 STI was also considered but that price and that interior makes me scream bloody murder).

Daily
    CW MY13 Golf R
    Name
    Phil

Welcome Scotty, another one in Canberra! Gold intro man.
    Hope to see you about town.

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by mattyeR20 View Post
    prettty !!

welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy the car

nice mod list i'd say, Looking forward to seeing how this pans out in the end.

Its really nice to see a JDM person move to the euro scene -- but i bet you'll miss some jap cars from time to time =P

Instead of APR flash, why not conside GIAC extreme down the line or speak to Tarmac (ben) and opt for spectune -- it sounds promising thus!

Why a Golf R? Because they are awesome full stop. Haha Nah I wanted a nice daily that was smallish, good on fuel, fast with good drivability. I wanted something I could take to the snow with AWD that could handle, with good braking, and goes from the line. The R has it all, and I knew from little background reading small mods to make them into little supercars, that will not only beat a brand new F6 or GT-P off the line with mods but pull their pants down. HA you got beat by a Golf!

^ Dw all my mates originally told me "nah get an STI, GTR bla bla bla" i said i want a newer car that has decent power and is comfortable, the golf fit it well (2011 STI was also considered but that price and that interior makes me scream bloody murder).
    Thanks mate!

To be honest i am a JDM at heart... My heart is with the rotary and always will... Later down the track i will build another Rx7 but it will be a FD this time However for now the R is in place

Hmmm I haven't had too much of a look into the flashes, however my initial thought from light reading was that APR had the best driveabilitly and best power/torque made??? My next mod will be the Intake, so i think i will do some research and look further into it

yeah, that's right, i wanted a new car that fit that criteria, i was looking at a FG F6 however it is a taxi and thought i would get bored, doesn't have a sun roof, doesn't handle and needs to go on a diet.. hehe
    My other option was a new S3 - I currently have a 2000 S3 with GIAC tune, and rear muffler mod, i loved it and until one day my good mate said "mate if you are spending that cash and want a nice car like that get a R, with DSG it has Launch Control" haha I am pretty sure all i heard was Launch Control and i was sold.... haha

I did however have a brief look at STI's and EVO's but meh... the interior is too 'cheap like' plastic for me and just don't like the feel... And after checking out reviews the R was a better car in general

Quote Originally Posted by MK60R View Post
    Welcome Scotty, another one in Canberra! Gold intro man.
    Hope to see you about town.
    Thanks mate, I usually sit her in the shed during the week day (and catch a bus.... i know) but get it out on the weekends
    I have seen a few around town but none with the same colour code as mine???

Daily
    MY12 Golf R

welcome again Scotty! great to have another Canberra R in the forum.

We don't have much tuning choice in Canberra. Either you go for a long drive to Syd, you get a hand tuner (Viezu, Spectune, etc, etc) and do it yourself, or get APR from one of the two APR dealers in town. Even though I went with Viezu, the guys at Canberra VW Centre have been great (highly recommend them).

Look forward to seeing how this evolves...
    2012 Golf R | UG | DSG | 19" Talladega | ACC | Leather | Viezu vTrack Stage 2 | Tarmac / Volant CAI | 42DD 3" DP | FIS+ Advanced | Podi Boost Gauge | view car diary thread

Daily
    Honda Jazz
    2nd Car
    Golf GTI 35
    Name
    Shane

looks the goods Scott from a fellow JDM (suby)

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

So my first little mods for my R came yesterday!!

I know its not turbo's, intercooler's or anything like that however its still exciting
    Felt like a little kid at x-mas time! I was quiet surprised on the quality of the bits n pieces...

Just subtle little cosmetic for now... Once i sell the S3 and maybe end of next month the performance mods will come

-Scotty
    Last edited by scotty86; 11-09-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Daily
    MK6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ninja 250R (nugget)
    Name
    Matthew

Haha very minor

but little stuff makes it more personal

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by mattyeR20 View Post
    Haha very minor

but little stuff makes it more personal
    haha yes it is super minor and feels stupid to post up stuff about it, but you are right

It feels more personal now... and i guess its apart of my diary

I just can't wait untill the performance mods come!!! I think a Tarmac CAI and maybe a SpecTune is next?
    I want to alittle more reading about it, and might send Tarmac a few questions before i go down that path... any feedback from anyone? i know there is a thread somewhere with it!

-Scotty

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

So over the weekend there was a Dyno Day for the bush fire appeals, where each entrant paid $50 and has gone to the bush fire appeal for those in need of help. It was a nice sunny day, and i thought what the hell, its for a good cause and wouldn't mind seeing what power it currently makes before i start doing bad things to R....

Here is the results... mods - only a GIAC Stage 1... I have to say i wasn't excepting this at all 4 wheels....

Cheers,
    Scotty
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

+ Reply to Thread