Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotty's MY11 Golf R Hybrid +WMI

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

So currently sitting in limbo...

I am waiting for a fuel valve to come from Europe... Since they seem to be almost impossible to find here in Australia...

So basically until then, the car cannot be tuned until this bloody valves arrives... My right foot is itching!
    Ill be off to Bali later next week - so I am very doubtful it will be tuned - or at least have a base map by then...
    MKVI Golf .:R MY11' HyBrid Turbo Water/Meth Junkie Build

Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" | TTE Build | Recode Tuning Systems

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Minor/loud update...

I was checking out gumtree just because I was bored at work, and I can across a Frequency Intelligent Exhaust 3" cat back at a bargain price! It had Carbon 4" tips - which is pretty much what I was after!

I took it to the exhaust shop yesterday to have the mid section that drops to 2.5" back to 3" taken out for a 3" pipe - so now its a straight through 3"...

wow... it sounds dirty... I still need to connect the varex part of the system, so at the moment its just open, and without a doubt the loudest bloody thing on the road... however the gear changes just sound unreal!

The pic below - the tips where sticking out too much - so I got the guys to pull them in a bit was well! looks much better!

On the other side - still waiting the valve - and a base tune..

Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" | TTE Build | Recode Tuning Systems

Daily
    MK6R
    Name
    Al

wow how much for the FI catback? any videos?

Daily
    VW Golf R32 MKV
    2nd Car
    Mitsubishi Evo V
    Name
    Ray

Also looking into the TTE480 so defs going to keep my eyes on this! Great pickup on the exhaust too mate

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by TENSE View Post
    wow how much for the FI catback? any videos?
    I got it second hand for $550 mate... I'm not sure what they are new... There is a Fi Exhaust Australia on facebook you can send a message to, they reply pretty quick!

Quote Originally Posted by sxcR32 View Post
    Also looking into the TTE480 so defs going to keep my eyes on this! Great pickup on the exhaust too mate

Yeah mate!!! Talk with Simon from TTE - he will give you whatever info you need on them.. Pricey - but by the time you sell your standard K04 - it balances and you can justify it considering the power gains it will have is close to that of a full stage 3 GTX28!
    If Jason's TTE420 is anything to go from, this turbo in theory should net 60hp more... His doing 125mph trap's with the weight of his is around 500hp (at the motor)... So lets see what this 480 can do!

Daily
    MK6R
    Name
    Al

[QUOTE=scotty86;500716]I got it second hand for $550 mate... I'm not sure what they are new... There is a Fi Exhaust Australia on facebook you can send a message to, they reply pretty quick!

wow really? they are about the same price as armytrix and IPE ... so you got a damn good bargain my friend!

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Took this snap yesterday with my new Google Pixel phone... Man I was seriously impressed!

Daily
    2013 VW Golf GTD
    2nd Car
    99 Audi A4 Quat 2.1L
    Name
    Luke

Oh snap. That is clear bud. Alot better than 6 or 6p. 👍

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

What a bloody way to start a day....

So not sure what is causing it, however it may be a stuck injector, O2 sensor or the tune... (still running the spectune)

The last two days it has been hunting on idle, and backfiring on deccel... Been driving it like a normal person and not hitting boost at all... I installed the original file and it wouldn't even hot start at all.. So had to put the spectune back on and it at least started and you could drive it... Took it north side euro's to pick idea's of what it could be, he checked with the PCV block and it idled smoother... however then checked and smelt oil cap, smelt the PCV and dip stick.. and they all smelt BAD of fuel!!! ohhh noes... Was thinking of doing a oil change and filter change even tho I did it 500km ago with the turbo change...

I drove it to work just to put along and then got a oil pressure warning... turned it off straight away... checked the dip stick and it had thinned out the oil that much it couldn't generate any oil pressure... FML...

It's off to get a diagnose on it to see what is happening and why.. It's really strange...

It seems like with the larger turbo it is running more efficiently and the ECU is trying to over fuel it to compensate.. but that doesn't even make sense... I think there is something else that is wrong causing it.. just not sure what it is... On the upside I do have a new handset for tuning, and do have the 165 bar valve ready with spark plugs! so everything is ready for tuning, just need to sort this issue out first.. I am hoping its just a new oil and a tune will correct it and its not something like a bung injector... ugh.... $$$$$$$$$$

Even more annoying thing this morning when it was being put on the flatbed, about 5 people walked past saying 'oh that's a nice looking car... what a pity'
    Last edited by scotty86; 08-11-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Daily
    MK7R
    2nd Car
    Polo GTI
    Name
    Sam

Tilt tray....
    Mk6 GTI 6MT - 11.02 @ 127.50 mph
    Mk7 GTI DSG - 12.86 @ 109.22 mph
    Mk7 R DSG - 11.89 @ 116.98 mph