Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotty's MY11 Golf R

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    As far as turbo upgrade hardware goes is the TTE480 or a hybrid in general a better option over a custom set up?

I know thats hard to answer as we really havent seen the potential of the 480 but I really want to hit that next level on my R but there doesnt seem to be a lot of proven set ups out there apart from the APR kit of course. But fuck APR right?
    Nothing wrong with the APR kit as far as 2867 kits go and their final files in their tune on the Mk6 platform were actually pretty good as in really good IMO but it will cost you a hell of a lot more.
    I think the 480 sits below the 2867GTX some where between a K04 all out with WMI and the 2867GTX which is a good place to be. You don't need clutch packs either so thats a another big plus

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"
    https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTuning

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    But fuck APR right?
    This is my motto, I am a complete APR snob.

My total build (from stock to basically stage 3 - IC, charge pipes, Intake, exhaust, fuel etc) cost including the tune is 10k APR you would struggle to get the hardware for 15k without labor.

There is pro's and con's to both.

Pros to the TTE480 I can tell you now. Full boost is at 3,700 - you wont get that with a GTX.
    It's a direct plug and play. you don't need oil/water lines.
    It uses the standard N75 wastegate control which is fully controllable and safer than a MBC.

There has been proven results overseas with their euro dyno numbers... Seem to be average of 450hp and 640+nM of torque.. which are numbers that are from a GTX2867 that APR give. But like Mark said it sits just below that of a GTX28 in total power.

I think mine was going to be the first down the track in the world with the TTE480, however it washed out... Thing is mine isn't even 100% complete yet.
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by scotty86 View Post
    This is my motto, I am a complete APR snob.

My total build (from stock to basically stage 3 - IC, charge pipes, Intake, exhaust, fuel etc) cost including the tune is 10k APR you would struggle to get the hardware for 15k without labor.
    I was very pro APR and still am in a way, they make great quality parts and as Mark said their Stage 3 file is obviously top shelf with the fastest AWD and FWD cars. But I think I lost a faith of faith in their dealers down here in Melbourne and the quality of work being performed on my car.

I was quoted 14k installed for the Stage 3 GTX2867 kit without the frontmount, LPFP and runner flap delete that is required. I had actually booked my car in to have those other parts installed at another $4500 but after an 8 week wait I got over it and cancelled. So TTE480 all in for arund 10k or 20-25k for the APR once you have added parts and labour for the rest.

Hmmm

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

............ still their Stage 3 normal customer file in the final version was pretty solid
    Runner flap delete is totally unnecessary
    2867 you will also need valve springs fitted and depending on how far you go clutch packs and a high level DSG tune so I can see 7 plus k$ there too
    TTE you might actually get away with no LPFP and from scotts the cheap Autotech is working remarkably well
    Last edited by Parso; 17-12-2016 at 04:03 PM.

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"

Daily
    BMW X5
    2nd Car
    VW Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Jared

Quote Originally Posted by Parso View Post
    According to an insider that I won't mention their fastest car did not run production files or components as everyone originally was led to believe. Its a source of great pain for some of the APR dealers now when people ask why their stage 3 cars don't go anywhere near as fast as car X. The dealers can't get access to those files either. I'm seeing it again with the Mk7 and S3's now too. But still their Stage 3 normal customer file in the final version was pretty solid
    Runner flap delete is totally unnecessary
    2867 you will also need valve springs fitted and depending on how far you go clutch packs and a high level DSG tune so I can see 7 plus k$ there too
    TTE you might actually get away with no LPFP and from scotts the cheap Autotech is working remarkably well
    Mark that is complete and utter hogwash. I've heard every rumour under the sun about my old car. I've got no sympathy for people who can't get their thick skulls around basic mechanics and physics yet are quite happy to spread rumours.
    Happy to discuss with you off line.
    SOLD!!! 2012 VW Golf R 10.502 @ 130.52 on race fuel @10.85 @ 124.48 Pump fuel 98 @CN_111

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Mark that is complete and utter hogwash. I've heard every rumour under the sun about my old car. I've got no sympathy for people who can't get their thick skulls around basic mechanics and physics yet are quite happy to spread rumours.
    Happy to discuss with you off line.
    Out of respect for my build thread - please stop. Take it offline... Thank you!

Next topic.
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Seeing how the weather is faring over the new year, I will attempt to have another go at WSID on the 4th - so lets wait and see what happens here!

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

Yeah sorry guys, I should have asked Jared about it first, it did seem rather farfetched.
    I'll PM you Jared

Daily
    MK6 Golf R
    Name
    Ilker

Hey Scotty
    Have ypu had a chance to run the car on the dyno to see what power you are achieving or not as yet?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Golfr84 View Post
    Hey Scotty
    Have ypu had a chance to run the car on the dyno to see what power you are achieving or not as yet?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Not yet mate.

I am trying to stay away from the Dyno for now to be honest... All dyno's read differently and I'm personally not a fan (however they do sound good on the dyno) The real test will be the trap speed vs the weight of the car... That was going to happen last Wednesday at WSID... But postponed until the 4th of Jan now. It will give a good indication of what power it is running...

Weighed the car fully loaded with me in the car at 1630kg.. So it needs to go a diet for a good time...

+ Reply to Thread