Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Scotty's MY11 Golf R

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

PolarFIS is on the way... Before we start playing with WMI it will be extremely important to monitor knock while giving it a hard time while on the WMI tune... With the unlikely chance of my W/M pump failing it not only hear it straight away but will be able to see as well...

There a few more tweaks to happen on the 98 pump map before we start playing with the meth!
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

I'll get Fotis to do the EPC flash thing for yours too, so if the ECU sees 9 degrees retard it flashes in your face. Its basically saying your WMI is not working punk back off

Leave the polar till last if you can as its PIA if your trying to flash the ECU, my one on my R for example has been known to not turn off properly and then come back on during a flash - which is not a good thing.

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"
    https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTuning

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Parso View Post
    I'll get Fotis to do the EPC flash thing for yours too, so if the ECU sees 9 degrees retard it flashes in your face. Its basically saying your WMI is not working punk back off

Leave the polar till last if you can as its PIA if your trying to flash the ECU, my one on my R for example has been known to not turn off properly and then come back on during a flash - which is not a good thing.
    Oh yes please! we can talk about this one later!
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

yeeeeeeeha!

Starting to get some really good numbers from the TTE480 now from the data logging! Very consistent now, and now very close to a 2867R turbo!!

Boost is now spot on! Might be another slight timing revision and that will be about it for 98ron. Then we will start on the WMI side! Once that is done - I might.. just might throw some 110 fuel in there just to see what it can do! Might do that when it's a bit colder towards middle of next year

ohhhh I hope my clutch packs hold up! and my valves..... and my injectors... annddd..... my rods... LOL :\

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

I'll reluctantly admit that the TTE-480 is doing better than I expected

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"
    https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTuning

Name
    Geman

Scott you got any videos of how the farts sound now with the diff turbo? Or the exhaust in general, any crackles?

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
    Scott you got any videos of how the farts sound now with the diff turbo? Or the exhaust in general, any crackles?
    Not really man! I have a few in car vids... It sounds a lot louder... I have a full 3" exhaust and when the valve is opened its pretty much 3" straight through exhaust...

If any thing there is more whistle in the exhaust... but sounds like it did before.. Kinda.. But it is a unique sounding R that's for sure!

Daily
    57IFY
    2nd Car
    NA571
    Name
    Ray Ray

Hows the car coming along Scotty?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by rayb3na_ View Post
    Hows the car coming along Scotty?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    Yeah getting there mate!

We are pretty much done with the 98 pump fuel now... Would have to estimate only but we are thinking it currently has approx 250awkw from going off the numbers in the logs... (plus I had a run with a lib STi that weighs exactly the same and has 250awkw on a mainline dyno)
    However of course at the moment, it's so hot it kinda doesn't feel like it even though there is barely any timing pull... I am getting used to the power...

I am trying to sort out and configure my WMI system, playing with different nozzle sizes and water/meth mixes to get it right... It's actually a real PITA...
    Over the next few days, I will be doing some logging (being hot will be perfect to test the WMI) to get it right... At this stage it acts/responds better with more in the TB then it does in the pipe...

Still aim to take her to WSID on the 4th however I don't like the chances, and if its going to be hot there is no point....

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Well....

Shakedown complete...

Wasn't what we where expecting... Having being a 4mph difference between best and worst run its loosing up to 50hp between runs...

Something hardware related is going on that I need to check out... Just not sure what it is...

What we see in the logs in Canberra was completely different at sea level... It just wasn't performing like it should have... Back to the drawing board to see why!
    Last edited by scotty86; 01-07-2017 at 01:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread