Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotty's MY11 Golf R

Daily
    Mazda 3 White
    2nd Car
    VW GTI Edition 35
    Name
    Elias

Quote Originally Posted by scotty86 View Post
    Yeah it does look nice, however the bracket has snapped in half! I will have to post a picture of it.. sigh..
    I just noticed this was from November, is the DP bracket still busted Scott?

I was in Canberra on Sunday and saw a few golfs (1 x R32, 2 x R).

Would be good to organise a halfway meet with Canberra on a Sunday or the like.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by scotty86 View Post
    Yeah it does look nice, however the bracket has snapped in half! I will have to post a picture of it.. sigh..
    The hanger bracket on the CTS dump's looks pretty flimsy - im not surprised it has broken. Any exhaust shop will be able to either weld it back together or reinforce it/make a new bracket (probably a better idea) to make it stronger.

Daily
    MKV BMP 3dr GTI
    Name
    Tom

Don't Miltek supply a Tourque Arm Insert with their DP/TBE's to help lessen engine movement forces on the exhaust? A TAI may be a good idea..

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by El_gti91 View Post
    I just noticed this was from November, is the DP bracket still busted Scott?

I was in Canberra on Sunday and saw a few golfs (1 x R32, 2 x R).

Would be good to organise a halfway meet with Canberra on a Sunday or the like.
    Yeah it is mate unfortunately, I just haven't had time to take it in to get re-welded and strengthend..

You can see in the photo below where its broken... But that's alright the guys at Fyshwick Exhaust will sort it out for me

While it's there, it might, JUST might get a complete custom rear exhaust made which has never been done before to give it a very unique sound... The guys are pretty keen to do it

-Scotty
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

So after 3 and half hours of getting the stupid OEM rusted rotors off the hub it finally got some new DBA T3 Rotors and Remsa Pads!

So far I have done around 80km now since changing them, and looks like they are getting a nice even bend across the Rotor face! The more I drive or the more I push the brake peddle the nicer it is becoming!
    Also to top it off there is completely NO noise from the front rotors and pads what-so-ever, the standard rears are noisier!!! Very happy with the brakes thus far!!!! Would recommenced this setup for anyone looking to do slight upgrade without paying out the nose for a set of Brembo's and the like!

Old V New Pads... Ummm

Old V New Rotors

And the end result!

And for any one that feels like doing the same, I would also recommend wearing thin gloves or something or this happens and you still have brake dust in your fingers and paws two days later.......

-Scotty
    Last edited by scotty86; 04-08-2015 at 01:02 PM.
    Rising Blue | 5 Doors | DSG | Sunroof | Sat NAV | Black Leather | SSR GTV02 18" |

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quick Snap I took a few months back

-Scotty
    Last edited by scotty86; 12-03-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

update -

Yesterday got a Autotech High Pressure Fuel pump & GIAC Extreme tune done by Arthur at Exoticars!

Goes better, so much mid-range and would recommend anyone to do this upgrade as the difference is Night and Day... They should come out standard like this to be honest...

It also got some new spark plugs and a new fuel Cam Follower..

-Scotty
    Last edited by scotty86; 16-04-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Alright! I can't believe it has been almost 9 months since I have touched the Golf at all besides giving it baths.

In prep for a stage 3 at the end of the year, today it goes in for a DSG tune. I am really looking forward to the outcome of it!

Daily
    Mk6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Yamaha R1
    Name
    Robbie

Nice Build mate!

Where did you get that air box from? It looks like the carbon one AWE makes.
    Mk6 Golf R - United Grey, Manual

Daily
    Golf R MKVI
    Name
    Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    Nice Build mate!

Where did you get that air box from? It looks like the carbon one AWE makes.
    Thanks mate, its a slow process build but it will come along!

The air box I got second hand here from sammy that got it from Exoticars in sydney which uses parts from the AWE kit I believe.. I will be look at selling it soon.

+ Reply to Thread