Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting Problem

Starting Problem

Hey guys not sure if im in the right section or not so admins you can move thread elsewhere.

Iv'e recently taken hold of a 2009 Passat R36 and only about 2 days ago. When i go to start it, It sometimes wont kick over right away and it will take a good 10 or so seconds to kick over. It doesnt happen in the mornings but mid afternoon or late afternoon if i havent driven it it wont start right away.

Is it just a simple case of the battery on its way out or is there another thing tha might be causing it to do what it has been??

Thanks
    Chris

Daily
    MKVI R
    Name
    George

I was complaining of the same problem a little while back. Not sure if your problem can be solved the same way or not. Try turning your key to ignition first for a few seconds then turn it over. If you have no problems then,could be low pressure fuel pump playing up. Had mine replaced,starts first time every time.
    MY11.5 GOLF R | DSG | ACC | RECARO | SUNROOF | BLUTOOTH | MDI | RVC |
    SPECTUNE | TURBOXS DOWNPIPE | MTM CATBACK | APR INTERCOOLER | HPFP FUEL PUMP | UNIBRACE UB | H&R SWAYBARS | KW DDC COILOVERS | SUPERPRO ALLOY ARMS | WHITELINE BUMP STEER KIT | HPA DOGBONE MOUNT | VOLK VRG2 | NEUSPEED CHARGE DISCHARGE PIPES
    REVOZPORT CARBON GRILL & MIRROR COVERS | GARAGE VARY CARBON DIFFUSER| OKADA COILS | VWR CAI| ALCON 4 POT EXTREME KIT| COMPETITION HALDEX | CUSTOM CODE DSG TUNE|

Daily
    Golf MkVI 2.0TDI
    2nd Car
    1999 Holden Rodeo
    Name
    Adam

When you start a petrol car you turn your ignition as George said, you should hear the fuel pump work for a couple seconds and turn off. Could be air getting in the lines. or just your battery.

I had an issue with my 2009 TDI where it wouldnt start sometimes, it would turn over and sputter out, got the battery replaced after it finally wouldnt start at all one morning the normal tick tick tick of the starter not getting enough juice.

first step would be battery in my opinion, if it hasnt been changed since the car was born then its a good chance.

2nd Car
    None
    Name
    Richard

Might be worth getting a multimeter and checking the battery voltage. Can pick one up for a few bucks if you don't already have one.

The way you're describing it, it sounds as if there's not enough voltage/battery is dieing, so yeah, it's probably just a new battery.

+ Reply to Thread