Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature: So over people hating on "stance"

Daily
    MKVI .:R
    2nd Car
    Built Evo 8 (sold)
    Name
    Tim

This whole "people hating on stance" thing revolves around the definition of stance a particular person has. If you want to be accurate, 'stance' is altering the ride height and wheel and tyre dimensions of a vehicle to make it more aethetically pleasing, or more functional from a performance perspective than as it came from the factory. Stance therefore is 'how the car sits'. You then have to qualify this into subcategories. Typically this is where adjectives like flush, hellaflush, poke, mexiflush etc come into it which descirbe how the wheel and tyre sits in relation to the body.

Changing stance could be a 30mm drop on stock wheels, it could be adding wider and/or large diameter wheels, stretching tyres etc. I don't think a Golf with a 30mm drop is going to get raged on when pics are posted. The kind of stance I typically see 'hated on' is the 8* neg camber all round kind. Or the wheels tucked right up the guards, running no gaurd liners, rolling and pulluing to the point the stock body lines are ruined kind.

That green RWB Porsche above despite having fk all suspension travel I think looks awesome and it probably apart from being mega firm handles great too. Dragging chassis rails with ludicrous camber I don't think looks good at all. End of the day though, so long as you're not a danger on the road, I could care less what someone wants to do to their car.

Daily
    C7 RS6
    2nd Car
    997 Turbo S
    Name
    AJ

What the Fuck does W.T.F mean?

Supercharged R32 - FOR SALE

MKVI GTI

Daily
    VW Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Lambo Aventador
    Name
    Orr

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    In my mind the term "stance" does not refer to a particular ride height, wheel design or width, tyre stretch or any one thing.
    It is more about achieving a pleasing aesthetic balance of all related aspects.

This is stanced

This is ruined.

+1 I think the green porche looks boss but the red one looks stupid. But it's not my car so each to their own

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Daily
    Panda R
    2nd Car
    Specialized Roubaix

function over form.. unless it is just purely a show car.. the days of autosalon are gone lol... else its just stupid and impractical the way I see it as oh and the sunken battleship look on guards pretty much covering the tyres and wheels is just yea ugly. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and tastes.

I'm with Jig / Tim.
    .:Panda .:R Build
    MY12 Golf .:R MKVI Candy Weiß | Recaros | 19" Black Talladega | ACC | Sunroof | RNS510 SatNav + Dynaudio | RVC | BT & MDI | 3 Pedals
    Ordered on 18/06/11 : Delivered on 28/12/11
    42DD Catch Can | Autotech HPFP | Enkei Kojin 18x8+45 | Garage Vary Reife Carbon Kit | GFB DV+ | GIAC Extreme | Milltek CBE | NeuSpeed Discharge Pipe | NeuSpeed Sport Springs | P3 Gauge | SPM FMIC | TurboXS DP | VF-Eng CAI

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

It's a shame about the branding association with Illest, and that Porsche. IMO, completely unrelated. Illest being an urban style based subculture, and completely de-rating the car.

Had a chuckle at the autosalon comment

Maybe it's not about people hating on stance, but people have now moved on. Time's change.

Personally when I imagine extreme stance, it's usually a picture of some Honda accord at a drift kings event, or a Saturday night at Wiley Park

Daily
    MK6 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Ninja 250R (nugget)
    Name
    Matthew

Most people who has their car to the point of the red porsche is running bags and thats simply for hard parking, they would not be driving with that height cause that's just stupid and asking for issues.

Normally bagged cars don't need to have as much guard work done simply because its hard parking.

There are those cars who run insane amounts of camber (esp on the fronts) to the point the wheels are angled so terribly i find that strange looking.

But on the lines hard parking, it looks okay.

This one I like the look (for a hard parking)

Daily I'm sure its raised a tad higher.

The rear camber is a bit much, but thats what this person needed to pull of very wide wheels with what i'm assuming aggressive offsets.

But I quite like it

Daily
    Panda R
    2nd Car
    Specialized Roubaix

^ looks ok, can appreciate the effort in that but would be fucking gay to drive around in.

Tyre tucking destroys it imo also offset is a bit mexican its a car not a open wheeler kart!!! :P

One last thing the owner wont ever be able to drive it hard and put load on the car around corners... what a waste of a R

May as well do what them P platers are doing lol get a TSI and put a R kit and stance it :P
    .:Panda .:R Build
    MY12 Golf .:R MKVI Candy Weiß | Recaros | 19" Black Talladega | ACC | Sunroof | RNS510 SatNav + Dynaudio | RVC | BT & MDI | 3 Pedals
    Ordered on 18/06/11 : Delivered on 28/12/11
    42DD Catch Can | Autotech HPFP | Enkei Kojin 18x8+45 | Garage Vary Reife Carbon Kit | GFB DV+ | GIAC Extreme | Milltek CBE | NeuSpeed Discharge Pipe | NeuSpeed Sport Springs | P3 Gauge | SPM FMIC | TurboXS DP | VF-Eng CAI

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by morph View Post
    May as well do what them P platers are doing lol get a TSI and put a R kit and stance it :P

Daily
    MKVI .:R
    2nd Car
    Built Evo 8 (sold)
    Name
    Tim

Yeah the "illest" porsche sticker and plate is kinda weird. Stancing to the point where drivability is compromised especially when a performance car is used is really sad.

Daily
    90TSI
    Name
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post

haha, now who would do something like that

+ Reply to Thread