Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HPA Haldex Controller Group Buy

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

to be honest, I bought the competition controller (have yet to install it). Reason why I bought this and not the switchable was exactly for the reasons tigger73 mentioned. Even if I were to have bought a switchable one, I would probably set it to Race and forget. But some people like having that option.

This mod will probably be the most beneficial if you use your car on the track as that is where it will shine. However, for normal day to day driving I doubt you will feel a significant difference. Car may "scoot" along better when you press down on the accelerator and brake faster due to torque transfer, but aside from this you probably won't feel too much.

Having said all this, the price is excellent and a mate of mine who doesn't frequent this forum would like to buy one so put my name down too please (Competition Haldex)
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

Daily
    2016 Scirocco R
    2nd Car
    Tiguan 155TSI
    Name
    Damien

Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512 View Post
    to be honest, I bought the competition controller (have yet to install it). Reason why I bought this and not the switchable was exactly for the reasons tigger73 mentioned. Even if I were to have bought a switchable one, I would probably set it to Race and forget. But some people like having that option.

This mod will probably be the most beneficial if you use your car on the track as that is where it will shine. However, for normal day to day driving I doubt you will feel a significant difference. Car may "scoot" along better when you press down on the accelerator and brake faster, but aside from this you probably won't feel too much.

Having said all this, the price is excellent and a mate of mine who doesnt frequent this forum would like to buy one so put my name down too please
    For sure this upgrade is going to be most beneficial on the track, for spirited driving or even going around the odd round-about

Happy to open it up to others - will send you the group buy payment link to pass on when it's up early next year.

Tiguan 155TSI, no mods... yeah right

Tiguan 125TSI, APR Stage 2+... (sold)

Daily
    2013 Golf R
    Name
    Chris

Put me down for one please.

Daily
    Golf R

In, please put me down for one competition haldex.
    Safety enhancement mods only

Daily
    MkV GTI (for sale)
    2nd Car
    Cooper S (Sold)
    Name
    Greig

So a gen 2 with a switch delivered would be $1250 AUD all in?

Daily
    2016 Scirocco R
    2nd Car
    Tiguan 155TSI
    Name
    Damien

Quote Originally Posted by antihero3000 View Post
    So a gen 2 with a switch delivered would be $1250 AUD all in?
    Yes Gen 2 with cable switching is US$999 + US$110 shipping = US$1,109.

Allowing for 0.86 exchange rate (current Paypal rate) you'd expect to pay around AUD$1,290 inclusive.

So I'll put you down as a possible???
    Last edited by Tigger73; 21-12-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Daily
    MY12 Golf R -Bluefin
    2nd Car
    was a MY01 wrx
    Name
    Tony

Over $1000au you will need to pay duties (and clearance fees?)
    ​---
    MY12 RB Manual Golf R | Bluefin stg2 | Milltek Res Turbo-Back

Daily
    2016 Scirocco R
    2nd Car
    Tiguan 155TSI
    Name
    Damien

Quote Originally Posted by tonymy01 View Post
    Over $1000au you will need to pay duties (and clearance fees?)
    Correct, however the $1000 limit only applies to the cost of the goods and not to shipping/handling charges. The competition controller units have been priced so as to bring these under the limit for imports.

Depending on how many people want to order the remote switchable units I'll arrange a shipment for the remotes and people people can purchase these off me here in Aus, but we'll cross this bridge if/when we come to it.

However this only really applies to the minority of units (mainly for R32). I imagine 95% of people will be purchasing the controller only and this can be shipped under the limit.

HPA regularly ship to Aus so are fully aware of the issues with import duties.

Daily
    VW Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Lambo Aventador
    Name
    Orr

A few months ago I told myself that I would stop pouring money into the R, but every now and then opportunities like this come up. I hate the word Group buy lol it usually implies getting something I have wanted for a while but held off because of the price. But I am Asian and Asians love a good discount 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Daily
    2016 Scirocco R
    2nd Car
    Tiguan 155TSI
    Name
    Damien

Quote Originally Posted by orrgazmo1986 View Post
    A few months ago I told myself that I would stop pouring money into the R, but every now and then opportunities like this come up. I hate the word Group buy lol it usually implies getting something I have wanted for a while but held off because of the price. But I am Asian and Asians love a good discount 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    Yeah sorry. Lol

I thought I'd finished modding my car a couple if months back too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread