Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LE-S3's custom build

Daily
    Audi S3
    Name
    Nick

LE-S3's custom build

Some of you may or may not have seen my thread up to "stage2+" modifications hidden in the Recode sponsors section which Parso originally started for me: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....imited-Edition

I haven't really wanted to intrude with a 'build thread' with this being a Golf specific forum but sharing the same engine as the VW Golf R and being a busy forum of open knowledge, it was a place I continued to come back to as there isn't the same vast information on the Australian Audi forums. With plenty of information on what to do and where to go for everything up to stage 2+ modifications, it probably wouldn't have added any extra information.

With this next stage however, some of you looking to stage 3 to stage 5 (or 6? Is there such thing?) may be able to benefit seeing as the Audi S3 8P shares the same engine as you Golf R owners, so I hope you don't mind - and here we go...!

After some long and heavy research, emails, phones, PM messages, visiting different workshops and asking questions, I made a very clear decision to have Integrated Engineering do everything for me. This didn't come without month long emails with them and phone calls. As what seems to happen, one question you have then leads to 10 others and they then link on to 20 more. I must have annoyed the team in Salt Lake, Utah but they showed no signs of this in email. No short responses - explanations were always in full and prompt! A very professional team.

The order is a complete custom built race engine.

The block..
    - JE FSR Asymmetrical Skirt Pistons with Ceramic Thermal Barrier Crown, Anti Friction Tuff Skirt and Tool Steel Wrist Pins
    - 83mm / 0.5mm over bore
    - IE Tuscan Rods
    - Calico Coated Race Rod / Race Main bearing set
    - IE Ultimate Crankshaft Girdle Kit
    - Fluidampr Crank Pulley

The head..
    - IE CNC Ported Cylinder Head
    - Ferrea +1mm oversized valves
    - IE Guides
    - IE Springs and Retainers
    - Schrick Cams
    - IE Adjustable Cam Gear

Photos and videos of the progress will be fed through from the Media department of Integrated Engineering.
    Here are some of the main players in the mean time (In order to what they are listed as above).

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Cihan

I also had a quote from them a few months back on a long block with shipping. Hope you negotiated them down on price.

Daily
    B7 RS4 & MKIV R32
    2nd Car
    Passat R36

Very nice!

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    2nd Car
    A chair with wheels
    Name
    Doug

Will be watching this with interest!!!

A lot really good build happening on here.

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo MK5 TSI
    Name
    Marco

We don't mind at all a built thread of this kind man, actually is what we need! So please details!
    MK6 GTI KraftwerK 2+ | Exoticars | f: GTI Legacy| Insta: @m4rk0c

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    '66 HR
    Name
    Kynan

Farrrkkkk this is going to be insane!!!! Nice work Nick can't wait to see the results.
    MY11.5 Golf R 3 Door | United Grey | DSG | 19" Avant Garde M550 | Leather | ACC
    Built Motor | EFR 7163 Twinscroll | WMI
    HPA Comp Haldex | AR Overslots | EBC Greenstuff | KW DDC | Superpro LCA | H&R Sways | Unibrace XB & UB | Megan Rear Camber & Toe Kit | Ground Control Camber Plates
    Alpine INA-W910R | PXA-H800| PDX-M12 | PDX-F6 | 12" Type X | SPX-17 Pro's | Dynamat Xtreme
    12.437 @ 109mph

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

In a word..phenomenal!
    I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

looking good
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

Daily
    Mazda 3 White
    2nd Car
    VW GTI Edition 35
    Name
    Elias

Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    In a word..phenomenal!
    To be brutally honest the list of ingredients so far gets me excited!

This is going to be good mate.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    '66 HR
    Name
    Kynan

So what turbo are you going to run?
    MY11.5 Golf R 3 Door | United Grey | DSG | 19" Avant Garde M550 | Leather | ACC
    Built Motor | EFR 7163 Twinscroll | WMI
    HPA Comp Haldex | AR Overslots | EBC Greenstuff | KW DDC | Superpro LCA | H&R Sways | Unibrace XB & UB | Megan Rear Camber & Toe Kit | Ground Control Camber Plates
    Alpine INA-W910R | PXA-H800| PDX-M12 | PDX-F6 | 12" Type X | SPX-17 Pro's | Dynamat Xtreme
    12.437 @ 109mph

+ Reply to Thread