Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LE-S3's custom build

Daily
    S3
    Name
    Sam

Heh. Yeah, I know what you mean. I have very little understanding of the "other" brands sizing but they seem to be producing good results of late.

There's an Audi Big Turbo group on Facebook that usually has good info and discussions.
    '02 S3

Daily
    MK7 R DSG Limestone
    2nd Car
    B7 PASSAT TDI DSG
    Name
    LEIGH

This is awesome.....I want what your getting. Can you PM me a rough cost for your engine build. Im looking at doing this also later in the year. Thanks mate.
    2015 DSG Limestone Grey R, APR Stage 1, VWR 19 inch Wheels, VWR600R Intake, Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert, GFB Diverter valve.

Daily
    Audi S3
    Name
    Nick

Integrated Engineering Billet Valve Cover

I have one of these (none performance) items on the list. I thought they would be more popular given some have spent around the same money to have a custom plastic engine cover made?

The valve covers are a direct replacement for the black OEM valve cover that is exposed once we have to take off our OEM plastic engine cover to make room for things such as aftermarket air filters.

It also comes in a polished red but I thought the contrast is better with the "raw" polished look.
    You'll have to imagine it with red coil packs, red cam gear and red intake manifold. The red valve cover would have been too much red, IMO.

Below are images Google returned when I did a search to give some visual.

Daily
    vw golf R
    Name
    shane

Quote Originally Posted by LE-S3 View Post
    Integrated Engineering Billet Valve Cover

I have one of these (none performance) items on the list. I thought they would be more popular given some have spent around the same money to have a custom plastic engine cover made?

The valve covers are a direct replacement for the black OEM valve cover that is exposed once we have to take off our OEM plastic engine cover to make room for things such as aftermarket air filters.

It also comes in a polished red but I thought the contrast is better with the "raw" polished look.
    You'll have to imagine it with red coil packs, red cam gear and red intake manifold. The red valve cover would have been too much red, IMO.

Below are images Google returned when I did a search to give some visual.

I have had my eye on these for a long time. Are they truly a bolt on and nothin to change?

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    '66 HR
    Name
    Kynan

2nd that question...
    MY11.5 Golf R 3 Door | United Grey | DSG | 19" Avant Garde M550 | Leather | ACC
    Built Motor | EFR 7163 Twinscroll | WMI
    HPA Comp Haldex | AR Overslots | EBC Greenstuff | KW DDC | Superpro LCA | H&R Sways | Unibrace XB & UB | Megan Rear Camber & Toe Kit | Ground Control Camber Plates
    Alpine INA-W910R | PXA-H800| PDX-M12 | PDX-F6 | 12" Type X | SPX-17 Pro's | Dynamat Xtreme
    12.437 @ 109mph

Daily
    2010 Golf R20
    2nd Car
    LR D4 HSE
    Name
    Cameron

A forum member bought one of these a while but ended up putting it on the market. Might have even been Simon (Rudy-R). Not sure if it ever got sold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2010 Golf R, CW, 5dr, DSG, Recaros, leather, RNS510 and BT, Satnav, sunroof
    GTX3071 upgrade, IE forged internals, Spectune, Eurospec Tuning DSG tune, 90mm CAI, Ramspeed RS29, RB 4 pot callipers, 2 piece rotors, INA oil cooler, SP water injection, APR FMIC, hpfpupgrade stage 2, TTRS lpfp, KW Clubsport coilovers, SSP uprated clutches and DSG cooler, Haldex "competition" controller, TID Ultimate Shifters, Unibrace XB
    0-100kmh 3.92 secs, 209awkw pre-rebuild

Daily
    vw golf R
    Name
    shane

Might be worth doing as it deletes the PVC and the back breather

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo MK5 TSI
    Name
    Marco

The finishing it's mint!...
    MK6 GTI KraftwerK 2+ | Exoticars | f: GTI Legacy| Insta: @m4rk0c

Daily
    R32
    Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus7 View Post
    2nd that question...
    Would look a treat on yours Kynan, instead of that gnarly carbon jobby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MY08 BLUE R32 : Capristo Exhaust / GruppeM intake / SHS Coilovers / Neuspeed sway bars / Urethane engine mounts / HPA Short Shifter / Hawk Ceramic pads / Braided lines / Auto-Polar FIS+ Advanced / And all that jazz

Daily
    Audi S3 8P
    2nd Car
    VW MK6 GTI

looking forward to seeing altogether!
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself."

+ Reply to Thread