Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailing & Washing; not sure about what to do?, Ask here!

VWGolf.net.au Sponsor CarCareProducts's Avatar

Detailing & Washing; not sure about what to do?, Ask here!

Many of you are well aware on how to take care and protect your ride, but others are still not too sure or a bit confused.

We are always happy to offer you friendly advice, which hopefully can make things a little clearer and simpler to maintain and take care of your dub.

Whether you want to keep it simple such as wash & dry, to the advanced 'how to correct my paint' or even paint protection we are able to give you some advice and guidance on how to do so.

So please, do not hesitate to PM us or simply post here and ask!
    car care products australia

■ products - expert advice - training - detailing - paint protection ■

■ Sydney ■ Melbourne ■ Brisbane ■

www.carcareproducts.com.au - 1300 006 007 - [email protected]

do you care for your car?

Follow Car Care Products on our Facebook Page for exclusive sales & promotions!Facebook

Daily
    Audi S3 8V
    2nd Car
    14' Nogaro
    Name
    Chris

I have a question:

Does Car care products offer a car wash service? (especially going into weekends when you want a clean car but are extremely time poor and don't want those lazy car wash cowboys touching your car).

Daily
    mk6 gti
    2nd Car
    jdm dc2
    Name
    Tai

Recommendation on washing microfiber cloths, to keep it's fluffiness

Quote Originally Posted by Hail22 View Post
    I have a question:

Does Car care products offer a car wash service? (especially going into weekends when you want a clean car but are extremely time poor and don't want those lazy car wash cowboys touching your car).
    Sorry we do not

Follow Car Care Products on our Facebook Page for exclusive sales & promotions!Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by _gti View Post
    Recommendation on washing microfiber cloths, to keep it's fluffiness
    We ourselves use Mint Mwash which is a specific microfibre wash based product that does ensure your microfibre cloths/products do not lose fibres and more so its overall 'softness' if you wish.

The best way we would recommend is to use Cold Water only (or super mild warm water, and air drying only.

Please do not use your dryer as this will destroy the fibres in your cloths, which can flatten and also harden the cloths. You can use your dryer AFTER the cloths are dry on the coldest setting to 'fluffen' the cloths back up. (NO HEAT!)

Do NOT use a fabric softener as this will also flatten and damage the fibres in your cloths also. Using domestic laundry detergent can be used only if in liquid form, as powder will get stuck and embed into the fabric which again can cause issues for the cloth. We do recommend a microfibre specific wash as this will protect the life of the cloths and is not as harsh as your domestic products.

Name
    Julie

Hi,

I was wondering whether there are any products out there that help restore the look of the plastic honeycomb on a mkv gti (or any plastic trimming)? I currently use Meguiars Gold Class Trim detailer, but that doesn't last more than a single wash.

Thanks

Daily
    Mk7 Golf R
    Name
    Ben

Hi team,

I've just picked up a DAS-6 Pro with Menzerna yellow polishing and black finishing pads and a microfibre cutting pad to be used with Menzerna PF2500, SF4000 and FG500 products respectively.
    - I've been told to start with the yellow pad, but at what point would you declare that the paint is too hard and move up to the MF pad?
    - What speeds would you recommend for cutting and finishing?
    - With this range of products, what are my risks of burn through?

Cheers!
    Blue Mk7 R

Quote Originally Posted by Caydus View Post
    Hi team,

I've just picked up a DAS-6 Pro with Menzerna yellow polishing and black finishing pads and a microfibre cutting pad to be used with Menzerna PF2500, SF4000 and FG500 products respectively.
    - I've been told to start with the yellow pad, but at what point would you declare that the paint is too hard and move up to the MF pad?
    - What speeds would you recommend for cutting and finishing?
    - With this range of products, what are my risks of burn through?

Cheers!
    Hi Ben,

The Surbuf Microfibre Pad combined with Menzerna FG500 would be the initial cut to start with. This will remove any imperfections, marring and so on from the hard VW paintwork.

Next would be the Yellow Menzerna Pad with Menzerna PF2500 to remove any micromarring from the SB Pad and start to bring that gloss and depth to the paint.

To achieve maximum gloss, depth and clarity to the paintwork we always suggest using SF4000 with the Black Menzerna Finishing Pad. You will definitely notice the difference!

Speed 1 to spread (check our videos here on YouTube, and speed 5 for all stages. Expect approximately 8-12 hours for a Golf including wash, clay, tape (prep) and protection. Do not rush!

You cannot physically burn the paint with the DAS6-Pro, as the Dual Action (orbit and rotation) differs from a Rotary Machine (rotation only - a Rotary will sit in the same spot rotating only generating incredibly amount of heat which can burn and damage paint (especially edges). In the right hands its a great tool, however in the wrong & inexperienced hands they are very dangerous.

The DA (Dual Action) will randomly obrbit and rotate not allowing such heat to generate, therefor it is never in the same spot twice so cannot physically burn or damage the paint - safe for amateur and professionals still use these (including ourselves) quite regularly for correction/and or finishing.

DA will allow the same correction, it just takes a little longer. But weigh it out, safer, bit slower, easier, same result vs 'o oh!'

Daily
    Mk7 Golf R
    Name
    Ben

Thanks for the tips there

Just for practice, I did the hood of the Burgundy 06' Corolla in the family that's never been polished in it's life and lives outdoors, which also supposedly has soft paint. However after 5 passes on a test section of the PF2500 and yellow pad, it showed little to no difference, so I stepped up to the Surbuf MF Pad and FG500. On the test panel it got rid of most of the swirls and imperfections, but there are still several defects that would just not go away. I ended up just doing 5 passes with the MF pad and FG500 on the hood on speed 6, but was not entirely successful getting rid of those defects. By the way these defects did not catch my nail so i'm fairly sure they're just in the clear.
    At this point, I got pretty nervous because I've already done 5 passes with a heavy cutting compound on supposedly soft paint and I'm not even sure if there's any clearcoat left. I wiped it off, gave it an iso rub, 2 coats of hardbody and called it a day.

Under the sun, there's still a few obvious defects in the hood. Surprisingly, there's no visible marring from the harsh compound.

Not sure what I did wrong. When I give the car another wash, I'll try to take a few photos.
    Blue Mk7 R

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

^ if the clear coat has deteriorated (likely based on your description and it being a cheap car thats been outside and never polished) then no amount of polish is going to rejuvinate the paint.

+ Reply to Thread