Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailing & Washing; not sure about what to do?, Ask here!

Daily
    Mk7 Golf R
    Name
    Ben

Aye, fair nuff assessment there. But the car is kept in an underground garage during the day at work, but street parked at night and on weekends. It's been consistently topped up with sealant every 6 months or so, but yea, I do admit by the end of the 6 months, there's little to none left. The clear hopefully should still have a few more years left in it. The defects I'm speaking of just seem to be deep, deep scratches in the clear, which haven't quite made it into the colour coat yet.

Thinking on it, maybe the only thing i can do about those is to glaze it and hope it doesn't turn out too badly.
    Blue Mk7 R

Daily
    Golf MK5 GTI
    2nd Car
    Bus #11
    Name
    Ernest

What is the best All Purpose / General Purpose Cleaner that you would recommend? After something which can be sprayed on directly without any dilution.

Thanks

Daily
    Audi S3 8P
    2nd Car
    VW MK6 GTI

scooby, i think all their APC's require dilution as they are all concentrated products.

You could use them undiluted, but probably not wise. Why not grab a 500ml APC of some sort and just use a secondary spray bottle? YOu could have one stronger for wheels/engine bay/arches, another for interior etc.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself."

Daily
    Golf MK5 GTI
    2nd Car
    Bus #11
    Name
    Ernest

Thanks for the tip Fuzion I was just being lazy and wishing there was diluted one!

Is there one that you would recommend? Wanting one that I can use for wheel arches, tyres, interior and plastics.

Name
    Chris

I have the DAS6 pro kit and just wondering if I would need to use the surbuf m/f pad since the car has only light swirls? Would It be sufficient to remove as much of the swirls with the yellow foam pad with the 2500 menzerna polish then finish up with the black pad with 500 polish?
    .:R32

Daily
    CW Rocco
    Name
    Paul

What's the best product do you recommend for MATT Black wheels to keep them clean and shine like brand spanking new?

VWGolf.net.au Sponsor CarCareProducts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyrex View Post
    What is the best All Purpose / General Purpose Cleaner that you would recommend? After something which can be sprayed on directly without any dilution.

Thanks
    I think fuzion has covered this. We would suggest as fuzion mentioned, having a few extra spray bottles with different diluted ratios for different cleaning purposes on your car. But yes, no pre-diluted available
    car care products australia

■ products - expert advice - training - detailing - paint protection ■

■ Sydney ■ Melbourne ■ Brisbane ■

www.carcareproducts.com.au - 1300 006 007 - [email protected]

do you care for your car?

Follow Car Care Products on our Facebook Page for exclusive sales & promotions!Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
    I have the DAS6 pro kit and just wondering if I would need to use the surbuf m/f pad since the car has only light swirls? Would It be sufficient to remove as much of the swirls with the yellow foam pad with the 2500 menzerna polish then finish up with the black pad with 500 polish?
    The yellow menzerna pad with PF2500 should remove them, however we would suggest maybe tape the area you are working on and compare. If you find that it is not correcting and removing enough, move to the FG500 + Surbuf MF Pad!

Follow Car Care Products on our Facebook Page for exclusive sales & promotions!Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mkv View Post
    What's the best product do you recommend for MATT Black wheels to keep them clean and shine like brand spanking new?
    Well you shouldn't really have them "shine" like new as they are matte! - Nanolex Matte Sealant would be perfect to protect and leave them with that oem matte/satin finish as new. We would not suggest using any harsh chemicals on the wheels once protected, simply use your high pressure cleaner to pre-rinse & blast the dirt and finish with your left over car wash and a separate mitt or scratch-free wheel brush.

Be sure if you do use a sealant to use a good cleaner from Nanolex or a-like to remove any contaminants and dirt to ensure you do get a 110% bond.

Name
    Chris

Speaking of matte wheels, will the red daytona brushes scratch? And will a car wash such as the banana gloss be suitable on the nanolex matte paint selant?
    .:R32

+ Reply to Thread