Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: (TSI) Another carbon build up removal DIY

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Wifes Fiesta XR4
    Name
    Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by tomd3969 View Post
    Good find on the writup. I'm going to have a crack at mine next week (FSI, 75000k's), should come in handy. Planning on using 150w dremel with some wire brush fittings, hopefully speed things up a bit!
    Be very careful! If you damage your valves or their seats it will ruin the engine. Also the head is alloy so your wire brushes will be very abrasive against it! Be super gentle. I myself would stick with a manual technique for safety.
    GOLF R MY11 3DR / CW / Manual / Spectune / Volant Intake / GFB DV+ / 42DD Down Pipe, resonated / Big Ass 4" tips!!! / SuperPro Alloy arms with ALK / H&R 20mm Sport Springs / H&R F & R Sway Bars.

Daily
    K04 MKV gti

Quote Originally Posted by a239947 View Post
    Be very careful! If you damage your valves or their seats it will ruin the engine. Also the head is alloy so your wire brushes will be very abrasive against it! Be super gentle. I myself would stick with a manual technique for safety.
    I do have some stiff plastic bristle dremel brushes, imagine these would be ok against alloy? Fair point though, might stick to the tried and tested manual technique.

Daily
    2013 C63 AMG Coupe
    2nd Car
    1954 Beetle Oval
    Name
    Dino

Hey guys, great write up! In the process of refitting the manifold to the block after cleaning carbon build up. Does anyone know the tightening sequence of the inlet manifold to head bolts, and the torque settings?
    Dino! - www.dinography.com.au

- 2015 BMW M4
    - 2009 Skoda Octavia vRS
    - 1957 VW Split Window Kombi
    - 1954 VW Oval 3-fold Sunroof

+ Reply to Thread