Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Meet the Fans' Volkswagen's Das Auto magazine wants us to contribute!

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

'Meet the Fans' Volkswagen's Das Auto magazine wants us to contribute!

'Meet the Fans'

Volkswagen's Das Auto magazine is celebrating the forthcoming launch of the new Golf R (and the just-launched Golf GTI Mk7) with an article celebrating the fans who own previous generations.

We're hoping to unearth owners of Golf R32s and GTIs stretching back to the original Mk1 and have them tell us about what they love about their cars. We'll photograph them, maybe video them, and get some of their thoughts down about their passion for their cars. We'll need about six owners in total. The resulting images and interviews will appear in the next issue of Das Auto magazine and in related Volkswagen digital channels such as Das Auto online (dasauto-magazine.com) and Facebook. We expect the results to be very cool indeed.

Ideally, we're after people who:
    - love their performance Golf and are prepared to explain why
    - have a fascinating or funny story to tell about their car
    - are happy to show their car off to the world (in print and online)
    - together, offer a mix of cars—modified or factory, old or new, lovingly kept or well-worn
    - together, represent a real cross-section—men and women, young and old, well-heeled or broke because they just had to buy their R/GTI
    - are able to spend a day of their time, with their car, at a location in Sydney during the first week of February (weekend).
    - All eager participants will need to email the magazine editor [email protected] with an overview of their story and a headshot to go into selection criteria.
    Last edited by Justin Fox; 31-01-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Daily
    Mk3 Vr6
    Name
    Luka

Would that be the 1st, and 2nd?

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

They might have flexibility, best to email Paul!

Daily
    MK6 GTI TR
    Name
    Rex

Calling future Mrs. Pierre!!!
    Workin' too hard to be ballin' on a budget...
    Online Portfolio - http://www.coroflot.com/rvabergas

Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rexrhymeswith/sets/

Daily
    Subaru Liberty
    Name
    Paul Rodger

Hi all! Paul here from Das Auto magazine. I'm super-excited that Justin has put the shout out regarding our 'Meet the Fans' feature. We've got a great photographer on board so I think the results are going to be awesome.

Just a couple of things I want to point out at the moment:
    - If you're interested, please contact me on '[email protected]' (there's a slight mistake in the email address given above).
    - Also, the shoot is NOT happening this coming weekend. We need a bit of time to pull things together location, etc. We're now looking at late February, maybe even very early March. I'm assuming most of you good folk out there would find it hard to do a shoot during the week (what with pesky work and all!) so we're currently thinking a Saturday or Sunday at this point. Let me know your availability if you can

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Paul

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

This is a great idea and a good way to get the passion we feel for our cars across in print, this is something that i would love to do, what a shame it's only available for Sydney people and not Brisbane also. I really hope the Sydney guys get behind this and show the passion for the band.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

Exactly, come on guys. BUMP!

+ Reply to Thread