Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ohlins Coilover Suspension

Daily
    MK V Golf
    2nd Car
    Mitsubishi Evo 8MR
    Name
    Lachlan

Ohlins Coilover Suspension

We are one of the biggest Dealers of Ohlins in Australia. We have been selling these for quite a while with outstanding results.

This balanced suspension package provides racetrack performance with street comfort, and features conventional shocks both front and rear. Each front shock includes top mount, height adjustor, preload adjustor, length adjustor (15mm lower than stock), single bleed adjustor, model-specific spring rates, and dust covers.

The rear Íhlins shocks each feature a single-bleed adjuster, preload adjuster (approximately 15mm lower than stock), properly rated coil spring, dust cover, and a top mount, as applicable. Both front and rear components have Dual-Flow Valves (DFV) and are light weight, corrosion resistant, fully rebuildable for a lifetime of service, and come with a two-year limited warranty.

Pro Speed Euro is Authorised Dealer for Ohlins and cover all Warranty in Australia. No sending parts overseas to be inspected. Rebuildable in Australia as well..

Price: $3995

Daily
    MKV R32
    Name
    Rob

Fantastic piece of kit from a benchmark manufacturer.

Do you have a run sheet of availability across models/platforms ie AWD R32/R applications versus FWD etc etc?
    MKV R32 TVS Rotrex Supercharged

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    Fantastic piece of kit from a benchmark manufacturer.

Do you have a run sheet of availability across models/platforms ie AWD R32/R applications versus FWD etc etc?
    Agreed. R32 Mk5 indicative pricing would be nice.

Daily
    B7 RS4 & MKIV R32
    2nd Car
    Passat R36

I presume the price below is for your road and track coil over system? If it is, then that is a good price? I presume rebound, compression and height is available but is the camber top plates an option or is it also part of this kit and the price? How much lowering height does the R&T system yield?

WElcome to VWG. I absolutely love Ohlins but I've always thought the pricing was high on premium side and was more focused on racing but it seems I am mistaken???

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Speed Euro View Post
    We are one of the biggest Dealers of Ohlins in Australia. We have been selling these for quite a while with outstanding results.

This balanced suspension package provides racetrack performance with street comfort, and features conventional shocks both front and rear. Each front shock includes top mount, height adjustor, preload adjustor, length adjustor (15mm lower than stock), single bleed adjustor, model-specific spring rates, and dust covers.

The rear Íhlins shocks each feature a single-bleed adjuster, preload adjuster (approximately 15mm lower than stock), properly rated coil spring, dust cover, and a top mount, as applicable. Both front and rear components have Dual-Flow Valves (DFV) and are light weight, corrosion resistant, fully rebuildable for a lifetime of service, and come with a two-year limited warranty.

Pro Speed Euro is Authorised Dealer for Ohlins and cover all Warranty in Australia. No sending parts overseas to be inspected. Rebuildable in Australia as well..

Price: $3995

Daily
    MK V Golf
    2nd Car
    Mitsubishi Evo 8MR
    Name
    Lachlan

Hey Guys

Here is the info sheet from the Official Ohlins website

NOTE: No 4WD models have yet been tested. Please
    handle these case by case as we have no specific
    information regarding fitment on 4WD models.
    VW Scirocco, 2008- also fits the “R” version of this car,
    however the height of the car with the Íhlins kit will remain
    the same as the OE car as the “R” version is lower as
    standard. Performance of our kit for this car is not affected
    and still at a very high level. At the moment our intention is
    not to lower this car further as the stroke is needed for the
    best performance and comfort.
    http://www.roadandtrackbyohlins.com/...skoda_audi.pdf

Daily
    MK V Golf
    2nd Car
    Mitsubishi Evo 8MR
    Name
    Lachlan

for the R&T coilovers these are the only ones that they make for the VW.

Daily
    MK V Golf
    2nd Car
    Mitsubishi Evo 8MR
    Name
    Lachlan

Hey Jig,

In Australia the only Coilover they offer is the R&T DFV. Others like the plain DFV are not offered in Australia and most that do have them come from Japan, and parts or servicing are not possible.

Road and Track Coilovers that we sell are fully backed by Ohlins Sweden and of course come with warranty.

we use these in our MY11 STI and are probably the best set of coilovers i have ever used for both Track and Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    I presume the price below is for your road and track coil over system? If it is, then that is a good price? I presume rebound, compression and height is available but is the camber top plates an option or is it also part of this kit and the price? How much lowering height does the R&T system yield?

WElcome to VWG. I absolutely love Ohlins but I've always thought the pricing was high on premium side and was more focused on racing but it seems I am mistaken???
    Last edited by Pro Speed Euro; 13-02-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Lachlan,

Have you been in direct contact with the manufacturer to see if the AWD position is still current? I was aware of this, but I had heard chatter that there was in fact a kit on offer for the R32.

Daily
    MkV GTI (for sale)
    2nd Car
    Cooper S (Sold)
    Name
    Greig

So. Much. Want.

Daily
    B7 RS4 & MKIV R32
    2nd Car
    Passat R36

It seems the application list from Ohlins is not quite as vast as yet but its definitely a good start for sure. I can see Ohlins has spent a lot of time on racing and are now catching up for street applications. It can only get better...

+ Reply to Thread