Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official VW Video Thread (v2)

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

The Official VW Video Thread (v2)

The second installment of this popular thread, due to some 'user error delete issues'.

Until we get it back, this thread has been set up for those who would like to post up some great VW Golf orientated footage.

Let me kick it off with this MK6 GTI.

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    2016 RR Evoque
    Name
    Travis

That is so sick. Is that what your going for Alan?

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by TBJ View Post
    That is so sick. Is that what your going for Alan?

Nah Travis, not intentionally anyway

I stumbled on this Aggrand12e widebody conversion and they had a video.

Last edited by grandturismo; 27-04-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    2016 RR Evoque
    Name
    Travis

It's pretty incredible. I wouldn't blame you if it was intentional!

Daily
    Metro Trains
    Name
    Ryan

That kit isn't for everyone but it certainly gets my thumbs up. It's beautiful. If I were to go silly on my Golf I would go for something like that.

Daily
    Golf VII .:R
    Name
    Markus

Cool, the new video thread is opened, thanks Alan! So highest time to put my new personal Nordschleife record lap in here.

Cheers
    Markus
    2014 MK VII .:R, 5-door, DSG, Lapiz Blue, stock plus OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET45 plus IS-Racing BBK plus Bilstein Clubsport Coilover Kit
    Always fresh onboards from Nordschleife here: www.youtube.com/user/TheMaody66
    My MK VII R Build: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....s-Golf-VII-.-R

Daily
    Name
    Markus

Guys and Gals, yesterday and the day before I was on a two day trackday on Nordschleife again. And, you will have guessed, as always I brought some vids with me. Not that much like I hoped (HLT worked only one day, the GoPro only half a day) but a few are saved and imho presentable. First one here is one of the very rare laps driving the full circuit of the NoS. Incl. the 3 Km 'straight' called Döttinger Höhe. Btw. it is a lap of 8:40 which is now my new personal lap record for this track layout. The lap was completely free without any other car:

Second one, full track as well, nearly even fast with a 8:41 but with some other cars on track and a 997 turbo in the second half who tried everything to not let me pass. And he managed it, thumbup for that.

Sorry for the missing HLT overlay. HLT only can save vids from one day. If you (like I did) save laps on the next day, all laps of the day before are gone. More vids to come soon (of day 2, normal 'Bridge to Gantry' layout then), they're just uploading.

Have fun and Cheers
    Markus
    2014 MK VII .:R, 5-door, DSG, Lapiz Blue, stock plus OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET45 plus IS-Racing BBK plus Bilstein Clubsport Coilover Kit

Daily
    Name
    Markus

And now as announced before two more laps from the track day. Two laps of the second day free driving section, 'Bridge to Gantry' layout now. First is a new personal lap record for B to G laps. At around 3:20 an instructor-car (Nissan GT-R) overtook me and I tried to learn a bit more by following. I guess he pulled me a little...

Second lap is one with a wonderful E46 M3 CSL in 'Gulf' foiling. Very nice car and he was part of my instruction group for the guided sections of day 1 and 2. Btw., 3 more E46 M3 (1 more CSL) were in my group and an Alpina B3 GT3. All modified near race cars, empty, cages, semi-slicks, 4° negative camber and Clubsport or Competition Coilover Kits. But none of them was only rudimentally able to follow me in my stock .:R.

Have fun & cheers

Markus

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaody66 View Post
    First one here is one of the very rare laps driving the full circuit of the NoS. Incl. the 3 Km 'straight' called Döttinger Höhe.
    Pity the HLT wasn't working, especially when you fang it passed that Porsche into what can only be described as 'the best straight in the world'! What speed are you doing as you go under the Bilstein bridge?
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    Name
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    Pity the HLT wasn't working, especially when you fang it passed that Porsche into what can only be described as 'the best straight in the world'! What speed are you doing as you go under the Bilstein bridge?
    Under the Bilstein Bridge the speedo said 245 Km/h (what may be around 230 Km/h in GPS), but the fastest part is about 400 meters later in the sink called 'Tiergarten', there I saw 255 Km/h on the speedo. Maybe around 240 Km/h in real. This is exactly 20 Km/h more than possible with the 6 .:R! Amazing improvement!

Btw., the first 1,5 Km of the straight go relatively strong uphill, don't know if one sees in the vids. The highest point is the Bilstein bridge. Afterwards it's going downhill for a few 100 meters. So the highest speed you have before braking for the shicane at the end of the straight.

+ Reply to Thread