Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official VW Video Thread (v2)

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Uphill for a ONE AND A HALF KILOMETRES you say...soooo good. Great driving, really hauling ass man!

Thanks for sharing, not only are we getting insight into just how this new R performs, and see your skills getting better....I'm loving this track
    Last edited by grandturismo; 26-04-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    Golf VII .:R
    Name
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    Uphill for a ONE AND A HALF KILOMETRES you say...soooo good. Great driving, really hauling ass man!

Thanks for sharing, not only are we getting insight into just how this new R performs, and see your skills getting better....I'm loving this track
    In this pic you may get an idea:

In total the straight is around 2,6 Km long, depends on the points of metering. The first part that looks flat in this picture (I think around 700-800 meters or so) is slightly uphill in reality. Then begins the part where it goes stronger uphill (another 800-900 meters), you see this in the picture. Highest point is the Bilstein Bridge, there you have -no more to see in the pic- perhaps 300-400 meters flat (making a bend to the left) and then the last part of the straight (which is no straight) goes downhill for about 400-500 meters. Can't say that more exactly.

To me sharing is fun if it is fun to you. Thanks, man!
    Last edited by TheMaody66; 27-04-2014 at 02:40 AM.
    2014 MK VII .:R, 5-door, DSG, Lapiz Blue, stock plus OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET45 plus IS-Racing BBK plus Bilstein Clubsport Coilover Kit
    Always fresh onboards from Nordschleife here: www.youtube.com/user/TheMaody66
    My MK VII R Build: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....s-Golf-VII-.-R

Daily
    MY13 R
    2nd Car
    MY09 SLK350
    Name
    Matt

You're awesome Maody. Great videos. Would it be possible for you to shoot a video that looks over your shoulder? Want to see what your hands are doing )
    Previous : MY12 MK6 Golf 77TSI BLACK - 5DR - DSG : (10/01/2012 - 09/02/2013)
    Current : MY13 Golf R - 5DR - DSG - 19" Telladega Black - Leather - Sunroof : (21/02/13 - Present)
    Current : MY09 SLK350 Iridium SILVER - AMG pack - 7G Tronic - 18" AMG Rims - COMAND NAV - AirScarf - Harman Kardon Audio : (03/08/13 - Present)
    8================================================D ~

Daily
    Name
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by DubR View Post
    You're awesome Maody. Great videos. Would it be possible for you to shoot a video that looks over your shoulder? Want to see what your hands are doing )
    Thanks, mate!

Sadly this is not possible cause I have neither cage nor sunroof in the car. So there is no possibility to fix the GoPro. Or any other Camera.
    2014 MK VII .:R, 5-door, DSG, Lapiz Blue, stock plus OZ Ultraleggera 8x18 ET45 plus IS-Racing BBK plus Bilstein Clubsport Coilover Kit

Daily
    Name
    Markus

Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    Pity the HLT wasn't working, especially when you fang it passed that Porsche into what can only be described as 'the best straight in the world'! What speed are you doing as you go under the Bilstein bridge?
    Me again Alan. In the Video with the Gulf M3 you can see the top speed in the sink at the end of the straight right in the beginning of the lap. I saw HLT show 245 Km/h.

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaody66 View Post
    Thanks, mate!

Sadly this is not possible cause I have neither cage nor sunroof in the car. So there is no possibility to fix the GoPro. Or any other Camera.
    You could do what I did Markus and mount the Ram handle bar mount with ball joint on the thin metal pole on the passenger side head rest. Depending on how much you want to show, you basically move the mount arm into the best position.

http://www.rammount.com/Products/Cam...0/Default.aspx

Watched the video of yours with HLT, and I think it reads 245km/h!! Your right.

Very quick, that R certainly gets up and rattles a lot of sports cars, even at stock.
    Last edited by grandturismo; 28-04-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    Name
    Markus

Alan, I bookmarked the site with those mounts, thanks! It is at least something to think about...

But then I can't have HLT Overlays cause the cam position isn't GPS compatible. You will probably get no GPS reception there. But anytime is something, yes?!

In one lap while free driving, don't know if I have it filmed, another participant of the trackday had a privat lesson with one intructor. Instructor car was a 991 turbo and his padawan was in a Lotus Exige Cup (800 Kg, 350 HP). I came up to them somewhen and followed them a while (didn't want to disturb their lesson). But after a while I decided to pass them. They let me go and then tried to follow for the next lap. Instructor was able of course (he could have done a lot faster than me!). But when he did, his scholar wasn't able to follow. So he had to let me go. Afterwards on the parking lot they came to me and asked a little about my car (and track experience). After noticing that the .:R is stock they were heavily surprised (instructor had a notion cause the moves of the car he saw). And they said the same as you: By this speed there should not be so much cars on track you have to let pass...
    Last edited by TheMaody66; 28-04-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Those guys r crazy riders))

Daily
    Name
    Markus

Well guys & gals, the one day holiday yesterday took me to 'Nordschleife' again. No day for new PBs, cause 1. I had my little 11yo nephew/godson with me on co-drivers seat (fun-day for him), 2. it was quite wet still in the beginning, 3. huge amount of traffic after midday and 4. permanent yollow flags, crashes and track closures every half an hour. But though I brought some vids with me imho worth to show to you.

First is a lap from the early day behind my Norwegian friend Dag in his 991 Carrera, freshly with a 'Gulf' foiling. Seems to be (ore slightly become) state of the art in sportscar foiling. But I like it very much and the foiling is extremely well done.

More to come later after overlay and upload and as always: more in the channel.

Daily
    Name
    Markus

Upload of the second lap is ready. Again a lap behind the wonderful 'Gulf' 991. From 2:25 you see the result of a heavy accident in the right crash barrier. A totally destroyed MK V Gti.

How did this come? The deepest (and fastest) point of this part of the track called 'Fuchsröhre' is a sink with a compression (you see it in the vids). There you have to be strictly on the left side of the track, closest possible to the curbs. And you have to stay on throttle. The driver of the MK V Gti first of all wasn't on the correct line, in addition I think he was probably a little bit too fast for his skills. And then imho he got afraid of what he's doing. He lifted the throttle and steered into the left bend far too early. The worst thing you can do there. Result is that you go out on the right side of the track, right side wheels come on the grass and the rest is only physics. This accident is a good example of what makes Nordschleife as dangerous as it is. Speeds over 200 Km/h, narrow and difficult track, no go-off-areas.

Don't think of me as grandstanding (not my thing, really) but to make this complete, you can see the accident from the outside in the following video.

No worries, both guys in the goilf were completely unhurt, you can see them standing beside the car in my onboard above. One of them was in the hospital for a short check up but the doctors didn't find anything and he was dismissed immediately. So, the guys were very very lucky (such accidents mostly don't come to a good end) but the car is depreciated to zero...

Last edited by TheMaody66; 02-05-2014 at 11:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread