Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official MK7 Wheel Thread

Daily
    Mk7 GTI
    2nd Car
    CX5 GT
    Name
    David

AUDI HYBRID TURBINE
    Specs: 19 x 8, ET42, weight tbc
    Details: KW coil-overs fitted

The Turbine design is fitted to a number of different hybrid models in the Audi range in varying sizes, these appear to be off the Q5. 20 inch versions also available although OEMs would be very rare, no doubt reps will be available however.
    Last edited by Dutch77; 22-05-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    2014 Golf GTI | DSG | Carbon Steel | OZ Leggera HLTs 18x8
    2010 Golf GTI | APR Stage 2 | 42DD 3" Downpipe & 3.5" Tips | OZ ST LMs 18x8 | VWR Springs | R8 Coil Pack
    2012 Polo 77TSI | Sports pack | Comfort pack

Daily
    Mk7 GTI
    2nd Car
    CX5 GT
    Name
    David

BC FORGED HB27
    Specs: from 18 x 8 to 21 x 11, ETxx, weight tbc
    Details: unknown lowering

BC Forged wheels are made from forged T6061 aluminium and are made to order to your specifications, so it appears a Golf friendly width and offset can be arranged. Not a cheap option with these wheels around $US4000 but there are some cheaper alternatives. Some great designs and finishes, if you're bored have a drool at http://www.pyspeed.com/BC-Forged-Wheels-s/957.htm
    Last edited by Dutch77; 22-05-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    2010 Golf GTI | APR Stage 2 | 42DD 3" Downpipe & 3.5" Tips | OZ ST LMs 18x8 | VWR Springs | R8 Coil Pack

Daily
    Mk7 GTI
    2nd Car
    CX5 GT
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDI View Post
    If my after market wheels are 18x8 45et, how wide can I go with tyres? I wanna prevent as much tyre spin off the line as possible, if it doesn't help, I will look further into an anti lift kit. Tyres of choice so far is Hankook ventus s1 evo2. Anyone with any ideas?
    You'd be fine running 235/40 18s which I believe are often cheaper here as they're the size utilised by Holden and Ford on their 18 inch options. This will show a minor speedo error compared to the OEM sized 225/40 option but nothing to be too concerned about.

FWIW I am still running the OEM 225/40s on my new rims, happy with the performance so far (although I haven't taken the car for a 'proper' drive yet).

Daily
    GOLF 7 Comfortline
    Name
    Nelson

Hi guys
    I own a Golf MK7 Comfortline and I want to change my wheels to the Cadiz 19 inches.
    I'm not sure if this is legal or not.
    Car originally comes with 16" wheels.
    Thoughts?

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson VII View Post
    Hi guys
    I own a Golf MK7 Comfortline and I want to change my wheels to the Cadiz 19 inches.
    I'm not sure if this is legal or not.
    Car originally comes with 16" wheels.
    Thoughts?
    It would be legal. Why 19"?

check this out
    I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    Mk7 GTI
    2nd Car
    CX5 GT
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    It would be legal. Why 19"?

check this out
    Had a similar debate on the other forum on x 8.5 ET45 wheels on the Golfs and legality - on stock suspension these are going to be poking outside the guards.

My front rim is pretty close to flush, and these specs are going to poke a further 9mm.

Would love some further comment/debate on this issue though.

Name
    Harry

New wheel we have arriving soon.
    Flow forged construction, so super light and VERY strong.

Will be available in:
    18x8 or 18x9
    Offsets are custom.
    Weight for the 8" will be 8.5KG!
    Price; less than half a set of BBS wheels.

Contact me for details!

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Had a similar debate on the other forum on x 8.5 ET45 wheels on the Golfs and legality - on stock suspension these are going to be poking outside the guards.

My front rim is pretty close to flush, and these specs are going to poke a further 9mm.

Would love some further comment/debate on this issue though.
    I've had 19x8.5 ET50 on my MK6 with no issues on 225/35 rubber but the load rating was a problem. I could've gone 235 width and been ok too (lower the car and its a different story).

What width are the Cadiz? 8" with an ET50? If so, that would sit nicely in guards me thinks.
    I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    Mk7 GTI
    2nd Car
    CX5 GT
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by grandturismo View Post
    I've had 19x8.5 ET50 on my MK6 with no issues on 225/35 rubber but the load rating was a problem. I could've gone 235 width and been ok too (lower the car and its a different story).

What width are the Cadiz? 8" with an ET50? If so, that would sit nicely in guards me thinks.
    That's what happens when you read two different messages mentally and mix it up (I was thinking of the VMRs on the link).

Yes Cadiz are x 8 ET50 so no problems with fitment.

If you can get your hands on x 8.5 ET50 then I'd imagine this would be fine as well, although probably need the fender screw mod on the front if lowered. The Mk7 feels like it has a little more room in the rear as well compared to Mk6. Not a lot of wheels at x 8.5 and ET50 though, they tend to drop to ET45 and this is where issues start to crop up.

Daily
    Mk7 R
    Name
    Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    That's what happens when you read two different messages mentally and mix it up (I was thinking of the VMRs on the link).

Yes Cadiz are x 8 ET50 so no problems with fitment.

If you can get your hands on x 8.5 ET50 then I'd imagine this would be fine as well, although probably need the fender screw mod on the front if lowered. The Mk7 feels like it has a little more room in the rear as well compared to Mk6. Not a lot of wheels at x 8.5 and ET50 though, they tend to drop to ET45 and this is where issues start to crop up.
    Hello David,
    when you say "issues" , is this ONLY when the vehicle is dropped? or even when kept at factory height?
    ----- am assuming at wheel offset of 40mm to 45mm ---------
    cheers

+ Reply to Thread