Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The BBK Review Thread

Daily
    2016 RR Evoque
    Name
    Travis

Hi guys, could I please get some guidance as to whether the 6pot cayenne 955 caliper would fit behind a 18x8.5et45 wheel? (That's the ecs stage 5 set) I'm interested in it for my gtd purely coz it's big as fuuarrk and if I'm gonna get something it might as well be ridiculously big and sexy..plus I'll probably move it onto my future car, so planning ahead.

Done plenty of research on this bbk aswell as the porsche 18z caliper which is similar and there has been plenty of Poeople who have fit under +45 offset but it seems to have to do with wheel and spoke design :s

Noticed this dude fit a set under his s4 wheels which I believe is 18x8 et45? Without my wheels yet it's hard to know if it will fit, may have to wait till they come and print a template.

Cheers
    TBJs GTD
    Check out Instagram - Range Rover @hsedynamic

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

Travis,

Wait for your wheels. When spending that kind cash, you want to be sure with the template. Spoke design has alot to do with it yes, but with an Et45 I believe you will be ok.

Daily
    2016 RR Evoque
    Name
    Travis

You da man Paul

Thanks mate. Looks like I'm waiting..if these wheels ever come. So far 7weeks
    TBJs GTD
    Check out Instagram - Range Rover @hsedynamic

Daily
    GTD MKVI
    Name
    Gareth

Another couple of n00b questions if you don't mind...

My CW GTD would seriously benefit from some thing to make it slower - I was thinking BBKs rather than lifting my right foot, but (and this is the n00b part) how does changing the brake affect the stock ABS system? and what is the overall durability change that a person can expect on the new equipment fitted? Are discs lifespan considerably shorter than stock discs?

Thanks in advance

Gasbo

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo MK5 TSI
    Name
    Marco

New additions....

TBJ's - Porsche

MK6 GTI KraftwerK 2+ | Exoticars | f: GTI Legacy| Insta: @m4rk0c

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Very nice addition to this thread
    I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

Daily
    Scirocco R
    Name
    Andrew

I have the Porsche Cayenne / Touareg Z18 Brembo Calipers fitted to my Scirocco... I used the Merc 350 x 30mm Rotors as the offset is perfect for this setup and I couldn't find the correct offset in any "off the shelf" 2 piece rotors and custom hats were just over the top $$ wise.

My mechanic took a different tack to the ECS method. They originally used a sleeve to achieve the "stepped" bolt but we were concerned at how close the Nylok nut is to the rotor... so the hubs were drilled and fitted with Helicoils to suit the original mounting bolts, no nuts at all and looks Factory Standard.
    Quite easy to go back to standard again should I ever feel the need.

The difference in the pad area is massive...

The pads used are dustless Touareg Z17 (they fit the swept area of the rotor perfectly) size which allows me to use the Standard brake wear connection on the Scirocco.
    The only real issue was finding centering rings to match the Rotors to the VW hub.. it took a little searching but I did find them and all is good.

All info pointed to the Z18 Caliper having a more progressive pedal for normal driving over the Z17 Caliper... all to do with the piston ratio's.
    I love them... Very savage braking on the street if you mash them hard... but no issues under normal driving... no squeal, good bite all the time and they look pretty good behind the BBS LM's.
    Last edited by Andych; 11-12-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    Candy White Scirocco R with Panoramic Sunroof and Satnav
    BBS LM's, Brembo 6 pot BBK, APR Stg1,Volant CAI, Eibach Springs

Daily
    Golf MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    Polo MK5 TSI
    Name
    Marco

A nice addition to this thread...

MK6 GTI KraftwerK 2+ | Exoticars | f: GTI Legacy| Insta: @m4rk0c

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by M4RK0 View Post
    A nice addition to this thread...

Thats a nice looking setup
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    Golf GTi MK6
    Name
    Alan

Tarox B34GT 10 piston

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.
    - Ayrton Senna

@g_turismo

+ Reply to Thread