Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse parking sensor change

Hybrid View

Daily
    Golf GTI

Reverse parking sensor change

When i bought my car, I just assumed there was only one type - ie. the nice factory flush versions. When I went to pick up the car I noticed they installed them afterwards (genuine VW apparently). But they look crap!

Does anyone know if I can change the reverse sensors using the existing hardware already installed (wondering if the inside parts can be used)?

FROM THIS...

TO THIS..

MY13 MK6 GTI Candy White | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | Privacy Tint | R Tails | R Black Bi-Xenons | R Side Skirts | OSIR CF Mirror Caps | Gloss Black Emblems | 18x8.5 ET45 Gloss Black VMR v710 | MK7 Climatronic

Daily
    my11 vw golf gti 3dr
    2nd Car
    '11 toyota hilux sr5
    Name
    jason

so the sensors have the ops diagram on the rcd510?
    thats odd, i assumed those were aftermarket ones
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man- tint- rear cargo mat- weathershields- bluetooth- mdi- 19" oz racing ultra leggera- mcgard lockbolts- boston acoustic pro60se- jl audio xd700/5- jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips- eibach custom pro-kit- OPS- OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip- dieselgeek short shifter- gti floor mats- R8 Coil Packs

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

Short answer NO.

I have the same genuine dealer fitted sensors and mine were painted 'whiter' than the rest of the car. I sorted it out myself because Denlo Parramatta decided lying to a customer so that they would not have to rectify the incorrect colour match.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Daily
    Toyota Hiace
    2nd Car
    09' MKV Black R32
    Name
    Jeff

You may find the hole size for the sensor in the 1st pic will be too big for the OEM sensor. I'm not sure whether the connector plugs are the same between the two different sensor & wiring harness behind the bumper. The 1st pic sensor has the larger head to stop it pushing through the whole whereas the OEM sensor is fitted from behind the bumper with double sided tape securing it so there's a distinct difference.

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

The factory fitted ones that show up on the headunit are not plug and play and requires a lot of work to get them retrofitted.

Daily
    my11 vw golf gti 3dr
    2nd Car
    '11 toyota hilux sr5
    Name
    jason

Quote Originally Posted by dev17a View Post
    The factory fitted ones that show up on the headunit are not plug and play and requires a lot of work to get them retrofitted.

tell me about it, i was the test mule for EA and derek spent a lot of man hours getting it working. im more than happy with them and its money well spent imo.
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man- tint- rear cargo mat- weathershields- bluetooth- mdi- 19" oz racing ultra leggera- mcgard lockbolts- boston acoustic pro60se- jl audio xd700/5- jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips- eibach custom pro-kit- OPS- OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip- dieselgeek short shifter- gti floor mats- R8 Coil Packs

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

A lot of work = wiring, vagcom coding, connecting to canbus, plus a separate module, etc.

Daily
    Mazda 3
    Name
    D

Double sided tape? :S They actually clip into a fitting in the bar.

Daily
    Golf GTI

Yeah. Mine don't have any OPS diagram on screen. Just the beeping. Seems like I just gotta live with it.

Wish I specifically said I wanted the factory fitted OPS!

Thanks for the feedback all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY13 MK6 GTI Candy White | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | Privacy Tint | R Tails | R Black Bi-Xenons | R Side Skirts | OSIR CF Mirror Caps | Gloss Black Emblems | 18x8.5 ET45 Gloss Black VMR v710 | MK7 Climatronic

Daily
    my11 vw golf gti 3dr
    2nd Car
    '11 toyota hilux sr5
    Name
    jason

so what did the invoice say? and what did u ask for?
    seems pretty shady to me

+ Reply to Thread