Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exotic, performance, classic and sports car rental in Sydney

Daily
    Golf R32 Mk V
    Name
    James

Exotic, performance, classic and sports car rental in Sydney

In case anyone is looking to hire a self drive sports, performance, prestige, classic or exotic car rental car in Sydney, I did a fair bit of research on it. Choosing a reputable company is not as straightforward as it should be; There are a few pitfalls. You only need to check out here, here or here to see how some people's dreams turned into a nightmare.

Why is researching these rentals firms so tricky?:
    • Web searches (such as Google: "Sports car rentals Sydney") return results for many affiliates. This means lots of different looking websites may ultimately be offering the same car by one company.
    • Some business use multiple business entities and websites, which fill up search engine results and make it look like they're in competition with each other, when in fact they are not.
    • Some businesses keep changing their names, so the casual prospective customer cannot easily investigate their previous reputation.

So what's on this post?
    • A list of most of the main 'real' companies offering self drive sports, performance, prestige, classic and exotic car hire in Sydney **most** of whom have good reputations.

Sports Car World

Luxury Car Hire Sydney

Exotic Cars

Australian Prestige Vehicles

Vintage and Classic Car Hire
    • Web: www.vcch.com.au/
    • Telephone: 0404 117 207 or 0407 287 329
    • Address: No fixed location; Cars located across Sydney. Pty Ltd company registered to address in Ermington, NSW.

Windsor Sports Car Hire

Dream Drives Sydney - Check ALL links and addresses below

Sydney Sports Car Rentals - Check ALL links and addresses below

You can check out my site at www.thedriversgarage.com. I'll have car search option up there soon.

Disclaimers:
    • I have no relationship with any of these companies.
    • I do not endorse any of these companies.
    • The decision (and liability) to rent with any of these companies is yours.

I hope you find this information useful.
    Last edited by cotter; 07-05-2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Maintenance of info

Daily
    Golf R32 Mk V
    Name
    James

I tidied up the original post. The table was really ugly before. Hopefully it's more usable now.

Daily
    my11 vw golf gti 3dr
    2nd Car
    '11 toyota hilux sr5
    Name
    jason

so james, does the research you have done make u lean more or less away from pursuing your goal of opening a car rental business. considering there are already so many options atm.
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man- tint- rear cargo mat- weathershields- bluetooth- mdi- 19" oz racing ultra leggera- mcgard lockbolts- boston acoustic pro60se- jl audio xd700/5- jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips- eibach custom pro-kit- OPS- OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip- dieselgeek short shifter- gti floor mats- R8 Coil Packs

Name
    Jaswinder Singh

Very useful list specially sydneyclassiccarhire they are offering 20% off. I also found another site Limousineaustraila provides Luxury cars for Sydney Airport Transfers, Wedding Cars Sydney, Limousine Hire Sydney with luxury services like TV, Internet, Music and so on.

Daily
    Golf R32 Mk V
    Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
    so james, does the research you have done make u lean more or less away from pursuing your goal of opening a car rental business. considering there are already so many options atm.
    Hi Jason,
    Sorry for not replying sooner...
    The answer is that I'm neither more, nor less inclined. There's a huge number of considerations to balance for and against (personal and business).
    Do I have a compelling business model for this?, (and hence business plan)? I'm undecided - I'm still testing it out.

Just as a snapshot of my thought process:
    - Will I have decent cash flow and make a decent profit? Maybe, if my assumptions are good and I execute well.
    - Will I have fun? Yes - I think so, although I know it'll be stressful.
    - Will I learn a lot (that I can use in establishing and running future businesses)? Certainly

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not being hasty to either kill off the idea, and neither am I devoting lots of time and capital to setup the business until I'm convinced it can work.

Daily
    Golf R32 Mk V
    Name
    James

Original post updated:
    • Added Instagram links where known
    • Added bit of a preamble as to why the list is useful
    I hope it helps.
    Last edited by cotter; 07-05-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Daily
    Golf GTI
    Name
    Luke

I googled 'Sydney Sports Car Rentals' and what I found was absolutely horrifying. I couldn't help but sit for an hour and read about those horror stories.

Daily
    Golf R32 Mk V
    Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Luke86 View Post
    I googled 'Sydney Sports Car Rentals' and what I found was absolutely horrifying. I couldn't help but sit for an hour and read about those horror stories.
    That's exactly right. Important to note that most have pretty clean reputations though.
    Last edited by cotter; 07-05-2015 at 11:06 PM.

I signed up just to say...I am one of the former victims of Dream Drives Sydney (formerly Sydney Sports Car Rentals)

There is now a site collecting the stories: http://dreamdrivessydneyscam.weebly.com/

I also know of someone else who is currently taking them to court over some money not returned...

Haven't experienced the other companies in the list but I can say for sure to stay well away from Dream Drives Sydney

Feel free to share with anyone you know thinking of renting a sports car / supercar...

Banned

With the help of online car rental services we can easily travel from one place to another if we are from outside the country. They provide the best services.

Coach Hire

+ Reply to Thread