Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Your fav watch thread

Daily
    Mk5 R32
    2nd Car
    Honda CRV
    Name
    Andrew

Your fav watch thread

Just thought I start this.

The watch I currently wear is a Rolex Submariner.

Would love a Breitling Navitimer if funds permit in future

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Daytona 675
    Name
    Mark

the submariner is a seriously nice watch!

i currently have a Tag Aquaracer..

and a Nixon Sentry as a more casual everyday watch..

next watch on the list is a Bell & Ross BR03

11 CW Golf R | DSG | 5 Door | ACC | RVC | Bluetooth | Leather | Dynaudio | Euro Plate Delete | P3 Display

Daily
    Mk5 R32
    2nd Car
    Honda CRV
    Name
    Andrew

Yeah Bell & Ross is on my fav list too.

Panerai is the other...

But the Breiting Navitimer is still top of the list for the next acquisition (who knows when that it)

Name
    Tendy

Re: Your fav watch thread

Woo hoo. A watch thread.
    Submariner is always nice. I just recently sold my Sea Dweller Deep Sea. Panerai bug will bite you hard once you got them. One will not be enough.

Daily
    .:R32
    2nd Car
    Aston Martin One77
    Name
    John

Hello fellow horologists!

10d why'd you sell the Deep Sea? That is my favourite out of all the Rolex's. Bit less common than a Submariner and much more imposing, due ot its larger size.

Brietling Navitimer is a bit too complicated to look at for my personal tastes. If I HAD to get one it would be the B01 (bit of marketing spin as to how it's their first in-house movement) which looks better.

Bell&Ross BR01 in Black on Black would be a great everyday watch, if you can fit it under french cuffs.

Blancpain L-Evolution http://www.blancpain.com/e/collectio.../8841_1134_53b is currently on my list to "look" at. Bit different to the run of the mill luxury brands.

However, at the top of my list of watches would probably be the Franck Muller Crazy hour with black face and red numbers.

With unlimited funds I would probably head for a minute repeater by JLC or a tourbillion. But really at those prices I think I would get more use out of a fully modded car.

Daily
    Mk3 cl 1.Late
    2nd Car
    Sydney Buses

Tag Heuer 'grand" carrera Calibre 17 *sigh* one day maybe

Name
    Tendy

Quote Originally Posted by Pharkus View Post
    Hello fellow horologists!

10d why'd you sell the Deep Sea? That is my favourite out of all the Rolex's. Bit less common than a Submariner and much more imposing, due ot its larger size.

Blancpain L-Evolution http://www.blancpain.com/e/collectio.../8841_1134_53b is currently on my list to "look" at. Bit different to the run of the mill luxury brands.

However, at the top of my list of watches would probably be the Franck Muller Crazy hour with black face and red numbers.

With unlimited funds I would probably head for a minute repeater by JLC or a tourbillion. But really at those prices I think I would get more use out of a fully modded car.
    Pharkus, I friend of mine really interested, and I traded up to a different watch anyway. IMHO it is also one of the best looking Rolex, due to it's size! and Blue illumination. hmmm different.

I also have the JLC AMVOX2 DBS Limited, which is a lot less than the Tourbillon. Hahah. A friend bought the AMVOX 3 which is a tourbilllon for US $60K. Ouch!

Daily
    .:R32
    2nd Car
    Aston Martin One77
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by 10d View Post
    Pharkus, I friend of mine really interested, and I traded up to a different watch anyway. IMHO it is also one of the best looking Rolex, due to it's size! and Blue illumination. hmmm different.

I also have the JLC AMVOX2 DBS Limited, which is a lot less than the Tourbillon. Hahah. A friend bought the AMVOX 3 which is a tourbilllon for US $60K. Ouch!
    Ouch!!! Did that come with lobster?

There's an Amvox down here at Hardy Brothers, was going for about $10k (I think cos it wasn't selling), very tempted but can't do it at the moment. What did you upgrade to?

I'm just finding it hard to find a watch with an automatic movement and a sweeping seconds hand. They seem to put that into a sub dial most of the time which means you miss out seeing what you actually paid for, THE MOVEMENT!

My experience is that buying watches here is grossly overpriced. I've been looking at a "cheap" Omega as a knock around watch and have been told that the RRP in Hong Kong is about 30-50% less than what is quoted here. That is before bargaining!!!

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Daytona 675
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Pharkus View Post
    Bell&Ross BR01 in Black on Black would be a great everyday watch, if you can fit it under french cuffs.
    thats why i want the BR03. its smaller than the 01 and it looks identical!

11 CW Golf R | DSG | 5 Door | ACC | RVC | Bluetooth | Leather | Dynaudio | Euro Plate Delete | P3 Display

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

I am not a watch fan, but I love the look of that one above:

How much are they? I'm holding on to my desk. I won't fall over I promise.

+ Reply to Thread