Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To buy or not to buy a golf cabriolet without plates and registration? HELP ME!

Daily
    golf V
    Name
    Gabriele

To buy or not to buy a golf cabriolet without plates and registration? HELP ME!

Hi all! I m a Golf lovers from Italy, I moved here just 4 month ago and I miss my Golf, yesterday I bump into a Golf MK1 cabriolet champagne (1985) 95000 kms without plates and the registration is expired in 11-2012, she is near a car service and I guess is on sale.
    I love this car but I want know here in Victoria how much is the cost of and eventual re-registration, the real value of this car, where can I found some new parts.
    I didn t talk with the owner yet about the price, do you have any tips for me?
    Thanks

Daily
    golf V
    Name
    Gabriele

I have some pictures but I can t attach those..

Daily
    Toyota Estima Lucida
    Name
    My Name Jeff

If its been out of rego that long you will need to get a full inspection of the car which is a pain, basically the car will have to be in really good condition to pass (bushes, rust etc.)
    My advice, cars like that run out of rego for a reason, go look at something registered already and save yourself the head ache.

Daily
    golf V
    Name
    Gabriele

therefore the vicroad is very picky , isn t it? and I risk spending money on nothing, usually what they control?
    the car hasn t to many kms so I guess there aren t big problems in mechanics, rust does not seem to have.
    do you know how much is register the car?

Daily
    Echo (don't judge!)
    2nd Car
    1983 VW Golf 1.6 GTi
    Name
    Sarah Fry

Hi Gabriel, are you very handy with cars? Can you work on them or would you need to go to a garage to get any work done? If you cannot do the work yourself I would recommend finding something that is maybe registered? and it might be worth spending a bit more money for that peace of mind. I would personally buy it, but my boyfriend is a mechanic, so I can pay him in..... different ways. But if you can get it cheap, it might be worth it, if you are planning on buying, doing it up and keeping it, then I'd say go for it, but if our only looking to make some money on it, then I wouldn't recommend buying it! I can't give you any advice on prices as I too am new to Australia, and don't know how much things cost.
    I hope this helps!
    If you ain't scrubbing' you ain't dubbin'

+ Reply to Thread