Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't Stream BT Audio - RCD510 / MK6

Daily
    CW MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    MTB
    Name
    Jay

Can't Stream BT Audio - RCD510 / MK6

Hi folks,

I've just bought a car with the RCD510 with BT but for some reason I can't get the audio to stream from my phone (iphone 5).

I have paired up my phone and can access my phone book, make and receive calls etc. I have also gone into the settings menu for media and selected 'allow BT Audio streaming'. However when I start playing on my phone I get no sound, also as you can see in the photo the external source of BT audio is greyed out and can't be selected.

I have read through all the various 'how to's' and the user manuals but can't find anything that seems to solve my issue.

The dealer has given me a MDI cable that plugs into the centre console but I would prefer no cables.

Anyone had a similar issue and can give some advice on what to try next?

Daily
    VW Golf R
    2nd Car
    VW Passat Alltrack
    Name
    Daniel

I have to press on the BT button on the head unit once I press play on my iPhone. Not sure if this is the norm for everyone. My Alltrack automatically connects to the iPhone and I can use the headunit controls to control the phone.

What year Mk6 do you have?
    Daniel
    HIS - MY11 VW Golf R
    HERS - MY13 VW Passat Alltrack
    Weekend - 1981 VH Commodore SL/E - @SLE881

Daily
    CW MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    MTB
    Name
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by drad81 View Post
    I have to press on the BT button on the head unit once I press play on my iPhone. Not sure if this is the norm for everyone. My Alltrack automatically connects to the iPhone and I can use the headunit controls to control the phone.

What year Mk6 do you have?
    Thanks for the reply mate, yup once I get on the car, it automatically connects my phone and I can control it directly using the steering wheel controls and headunit for calls. The manual tells me that as soon as the phone pairs, the BT Audio streaming feature should just work, however that 'BT Audio' source is still greyed out and I can't seem to figure out why it is and how to make it work - hahah and I have tried pressing it many many times to see if it will activate but no luck.

Car's a MK6 GTI.

Daily
    VW Golf R
    2nd Car
    VW Passat Alltrack
    Name
    Daniel

go through the phone settings in the cluster using the steering wheels and see if there's a media or bluetooth (not too sure of the name) option. i'll then as you to connect the iPhone again.

I'll double check the process at lunch today
    Daniel
    HIS - MY11 VW Golf R
    HERS - MY13 VW Passat Alltrack
    Weekend - 1981 VH Commodore SL/E - @SLE881

Daily
    CW MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    MTB
    Name
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by drad81 View Post
    go through the phone settings in the cluster using the steering wheels and see if there's a media or bluetooth (not too sure of the name) option. i'll then as you to connect the iPhone again.

I'll double check the process at lunch today
    Thanks, i've tried going to Phone->Bluetooth via the cluster and all it shows is that there is a paired device that I can unpair/forget

Daily
    R36 Wagon
    2nd Car
    Opel Astra AH
    Name
    Kai

Have you ticked the BT and AUX in the setup menu in RCD510?
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | MDI | RVC | 43,000 km | Maniacs Paddle Extension | Front Tint | Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | Michelin PS3 | VCDS | Sprint Booster | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit | OPC Line MFSW | DBA Slotted+HPX | CDC40 Opera MP3+GID | OPC Recaro Full Leather Seats

Name
    Adrian

Do you know what model bluetooth module is in your car? Some don't support BT streaming. (Not 100% sure but I think the one installed in early mk5 ones didn't)
    MKVI Golf R 5 Door | Rising Blue | Manual | 19" Silver Talladegas | ACC | Leather | RNS510 | RVC
    Spectune Stage 1.5 | GFB DV+ | Tarmac Engineering Intake | DBA T2 Rotors | Gloss Black Badges | 4" Black Tips | LEDs Throughout

Daily
    CW MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    MTB
    Name
    Jay

The radio is on a Mk6 (sorry my profile still says MK5) and I have ticked allow BT audio and Aux in in the headunit setup.

So to recap, bluetooth phone connectivity works flawlessly, I can access my phonebook, make and receive calls etc. But can'y stream audio. My iphone won't play music through its speakers once paired to the car so i'm thinking there is a setting disabled or something because otherwise the music should just play on the phone speakers.

Version - d'oh I took a photo but deleted it. I'll look it up again.

Daily
    CW MK6 GTI
    2nd Car
    MTB
    Name
    Jay

Looking at the MFD, the only info I could find on version was:

App: 00.08.01
    HW200-SW170
    Boot: 1.0.8

Daily
    VW Golf R MK6
    Name
    Dhruv

Did anyone find a solution to this?

Ive got the same problem the option is greyd out, how every when I connect my phone from MFD it can make phone calls and stuff - it also play the music through the car speakers but its flat.... seems like the sound doesnt go through the amplifer.
    it has no bass or anything....

+ Reply to Thread